Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Announces his endorsement of Hillary for the democratic nomination by breaking out the tshirt cannon, launching Hillary 2016 shirts into republican senators' faces at 20fps.

I was just daydreaming about three scenarios:
Obama endorses Clinton during SOTU
Obama endorses Sanders during SOTU
Obama endorses O'Malley during SOTU

Bonus:
Obama endorses Trump during SOTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Obama, as the only one with a history of Stumping the Trump, will serve Trump the greatest insult of all tonight by not even mentioning him.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I was just daydreaming about three scenarios:
Obama endorses Clinton during SOTU
Obama endorses Sanders during SOTU
Obama endorses O'Malley during SOTU

Bonus:
Obama endorses Trump during SOTU

Obama endorses Kanye West.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Literally The Worst posted:

just gonna sing gently caress the police and breakdance

That's what people expect of him.

But no, Obama is going to get behind the podium. The audience will be silent. The opening of "Hail To The Chief" will play, and then bass drop into blazing techno. Obama will rip off his business suit and do a furious, twenty minute long bump-n-grind, wearing a red, white, and blue sequin ensemble of sleeveless and bellyless tuxedo jacket, bowtie, and g-string, with cowboy boots.

He will bring sexy back one more time, and America will have no choice but to love it or lump it. It will be the "Chippendale's moment", one that heralds a new era of expectation for aspiring politicians. Our politicians will be a cast of beefcakes, twinks, and Miami hardbodies, and it will be a golden era for the next thousand years.

But seriously, I have to work through this, so I will be expecting DnD's play-by-play when I get home.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Our politicians will be a cast of beefcakes, twinks, and Miami hardbodies

Paul Ryan curses himself for having been ahead of the curve.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Steve King will not be in his seat tonight

quote:

President Obama’s first official act, immediately upon his inauguration was to sign an executive order to accelerate abortions world-wide. The first tears we have seen him shed in seven years were for the victims of the tragic Sandy Hook School shooting. As far as we know, Obama has never shed a single tear for even one of the more than 9 million babies aborted under his watch. He is the most pro-abortion president ever.

The San Bernardino victims’ body temperatures had declined only from 98.6 to 93 degrees F when Obama twisted the ‘Allah Akbar’ screaming bloodlust into an anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment tirade,” King said. “I am sickened by the acts of war twisted into ‘workplace violence’ and by a president who would veto the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, H.R. 3504, that would protect the lives, at least of those who survived the attempt on their lives, by abortionists.”

My seat on the floor of Congress will also be empty,” he added. “I will be in the Member’s chapel praying for God to raise up a leader whom he will use to restore the Soul of America.”

https://steveking.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/king-leaves-gallery-seat-to-sotu-open-for-55-million-unborn-aborted

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Can they just not show up as a deliberate snub? Have people done that before? If you can, I'm surprised he's the only one rather than the whole Tea Party caucus and some other hardliner types like Cruz.

They should insist they won't speak to Obama without preconditions.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The one line I want to hear from President Obama tonight:

quote:

This truly is the greatest country in the world where anyone born in the United States, like me, can become President.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

What a coincidence, I'll be praying at home for someone to deliver a better congressman to Steve King's congressional district.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

radical meme posted:

The one line I want to hear from President Obama tonight:

That would be an epic :master:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Just turned on the PBS stream and saw a pre-recorded David Brooks segment :gonk:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

have they released the speech?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

He finally got the memo no shave November is over.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

He finally got the memo no shave November is over.

Can you imagine being the staffer who had to go tell him to shave the drat beard because the alternative would be getting primaried for being a Muslim traitor?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

the guard laughing at him and the red bloodshot eyes really make this image

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson is the designated survivor.

Sorry racists! Even if you nuke the Capitol tonight, the President's still black.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I like how he has to sit next to and behind Obama/Biden during the SOTU so Republicans continue to mentally associate him as a RINO traitor.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Remember when we were all so young and optimistic in 2008, and how many of us donated our funds to the campaign and time to field offices and canvasing for the President? It didn't turn out so bad.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Actually, Jeh Johnson is not the designated survivor, though he is not attending the speech tonight.

Senate President Pro Tempore Orrin Hatch (R-UT) is the designated survivor. Should Orrin somehow also simultaneously die along with everyone in the Capitol, Johnson would be President.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

TheBuilder posted:

Remember when we were all so young and optimistic in 2008, and how many of us donated our funds to the campaign and time to field offices and canvasing for the President? It didn't turn out so bad.

It turned out pretty OK :unsmith:

(I still feel like a bitter 80-year old Clintonite who wishes Hillary had gotten it and used her Clinton powers to cream the GOP somehow, and this year would be Obama's chance :argh:) But that's all bygones and hypotheticals.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Watching CNN's token microphone lady try to interview people as they just breeze on by her is hilarious and more than a little sad.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:siren: The PBS stream is live and focused on Joe Biden :siren:

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
If Obama manages to close Guantanamo then I will promote George Lucas over him to the position of Greatest Disappointment of my Adult Life

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Seems like Cruz decided to not be there.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
Biden and Ryan's conversation seems to be going a tad better than the last time they were on TV together.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

a lot of touching between joe and paul

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
A BUNCH A' MALARKEY

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Am I watching the right thing?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Senator Jack Reed (who is a decorated paratrooper) chatting up the joint chiefs.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

potato of destiny posted:

Biden and Ryan's conversation seems to be going a tad better than the last time they were on TV together.

Yeah they were probably sharing their mutual enjoyment of the Star Wars movie. :3:

I see the Berninator.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
A wild bernie appears!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie gets a kind tap on the shoulder from an African American woman, ignores her.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've turned to PBS and they're talking about the Shedd Aquarium rescuing dogs for an exhibit talking about how people can help rescue animals in the same way as the aquarium.

As it turns out, watching adorable dogs is much, much better than CNN.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Lindsey Graham and Chuck Grassley talking about who booze is best for spiking a DQ shake, probably.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Well, Dimond Joe and Paul Rino seem to be making nice.... too bad, was hoping for a punch up. Oh well, the night is young.

Bernie looking very Bernie

Oops, the man himself is in the car (Man, I forget how big that thing is every time they've shown it)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
#powercircle

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Am I watching the right thing?

Who is this guy and why is he on the stream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
It's good to see Marco show up to work for once.

• Locked thread