Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I thought we killed him in the main game though?

Nah, that was Postal 3, maybe. He didn't actually show up in regular Postal 2, every male terrorist just looked kind of like him because racism lazy modelers lazy racist modelers.

And even if we did kill him before, he wouldn't be the only guy to come back from death in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

We're entering the final stretch of the game now. Just about every area of the town is open to us, and just about every one includes at least one hate group out for our blood. It's not quite a constant rolling gunfight, but you still have to watch your back more vigilantly than ever before.

We also grab another new weapon, one that I forgot to grab yesterday but which is pretty fun regardless. There's still a few more to go, as well, and sooner or later we'll get around to them.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

I've got to say, finally getting to do at least one errand around where the original game started is kind of nice. Especially since this one is in the nuclear-winter area, which comprises of some of my favorite places from the original game.

As for essentially going backwards through Habib's place here - I don't recall showing it off in my old LP of the original game, but that's a thing you can do there, too. It has its charms: some of the terrorists spawn behind you as you're leaving, the Dude makes his "what's that smell" and "did someone slaughter a goat" comments in reverse order, and with the addition of AWP you're often greeted by the site of a line of corpses and free weapons as Habib came to attack you and ended up triggering most of the other shoppers into attacking him because they saw him with a weapon.

I decided to try something a little different with noise removal for this episode (basically two passes instead of just one, if it works for visual quality then why not for audio). Let me know if you notice a difference that's making the audio sound worse.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Kadorhal posted:

We're entering the final stretch of the game now. Just about every area of the town is open to us, and just about every one includes at least one hate group out for our blood. It's not quite a constant rolling gunfight, but you still have to watch your back more vigilantly than ever before.

We also grab another new weapon, one that I forgot to grab yesterday but which is pretty fun regardless. There's still a few more to go, as well, and sooner or later we'll get around to them.
Finally someone remembers the ring.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Oh hello, look who completely forgot what day it was!

You know what else is nice about Friday in Paradise Lost? The last errand I did in my LP of the original game and the last errand I'm doing today take place in the same area and involve the same person. Although Uncle Dave's gotten a bit more active lately, as for this errand he follows you around and shoots anybody that tries to interfere. Or, at least he tries. He does get caught up on level geometry all the time if you're not carefully watching him, but it's the thought that counts; and given how dangerous the MP5 turns out to be in the hands of a couple dozen NPCs, the effort is very much appreciated.

For the endgame I'm gonna try to pick up the pace a little bit and put out videos every two or three days depending on how fast I can work. We might even get a double-feature and a stinger that's actually relevant to the game I end up LPing next. That said, the next video's giving me some bullshit about the first pass somehow having more frames than the second when I run it through zarx264, so we'll see about that.

EDIT: Found another point to cut off the first half of the finale so it's about 15 minutes instead of 22, and that was good enough for my editing programs. Should be on-track to finish this within about a week.

Kadorhal fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 22, 2016

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

We're finally entering the Hell Hole. It's a pretty apt name, really: it's a hole, and the place it leads to is basically Hell. This is where Champ as the legendary "El Perro Loco" has called home for the last decade - here we'll be finding him, curing him of whatever condition he may have been inflicted with, and we're going home with him.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

loving Bitch!

Well, at least it's an excuse to take care of another problem with violence. Really, it solves everything. We're not out of the woods just yet, though.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Two endings. Well, what else can you expect when your DLC is essentially injecting Postal 2 with the maximum legal dose of Fallout?

As the Postal Dude lays out, you have two choices. You can choose to high-tail it out of Paradise right away and finally get away from the drat place. Or, you can choose to head to the various faction leaders that "helped" you along the way and give them the proper thanks.

Also, some stuff with more DLC.

And with that, we bring the tale of Paradise to a close.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Thanks for showing off the game.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
How bad was Postal 3 for RWS to completely disown it and totally diss it in Paradise Lost with scenes like the guy who hanged himself and put himself on fire because of it? I hear it was a buggy mess, but apart from that, was it entertainingly horrible or just bland?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

kjetting posted:

How bad was Postal 3 for RWS to completely disown it and totally diss it in Paradise Lost with scenes like the guy who hanged himself and put himself on fire because of it? I hear it was a buggy mess, but apart from that, was it entertainingly horrible or just bland?

Bland. So bland. Ow it hurts to think of how horribly uninteresting everything in that game was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Part of the problem too is that the devs (I'm not sure how much of it was split between RWS and Akella's developers, though I do recall reading that RWS was completely cut off from the project for the last 12 months) seemed to believe that any sort of flaw in the final product just magically goes away if you poke fun at it yourself. I remember Belgaer's LP pointed that out like three times, saying something to the effect that "pointing it out doesn't make it go away".

While not a strictly gameplay complaint there's also the fact that way too many cutscenes starting from the halfway point start off with an extremely loud and extremely annoying scream.

Unless I can think of anything else to show off, I'll be sending this off to be archived in the next day or so. Thanks for sticking with me for this, everybody.

EDIT: Archived. Thanks again, everybody, I'll see you again.

Kadorhal fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 9, 2016

• Locked thread