Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
Your video seems to have some pretty bad interlacing issues, but it's still watchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Kadorhal posted:

I'm pretty sure that's been an issue for just about everything I've made since at least when I switched to Zarx264 for converting to .mp4 two years ago now, but nobody ever brought it up before. I'll see if there's anything I can do about it for the next couple videos.

EDIT: apparently switching from cinematic 30FPS (29.970) to actually 30FPS helps, even though I'm pretty sure that's exactly the same thing I did for the first video and all it did was exacerbate existing interlacing issues. We'll see whether it works on a full-length video in the next few days, assuming I'm feeling well enough to record commentary.

EDIT 2: Okay, at best I'm able to get one clip actually deinterlaced like I tell it to be; once I insert a fade of any sort, Vegas decides I actually want interlacing for every clip longer than two seconds after that point. Until someone explains what ritual sacrifice is necessary to get Vegas to do exactly what I loving tell it to do, it's out of my hands.

I sympathize with your video-editing pain but have no solution. Don't stress it though, the videos are watchable.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I am really glad you're playing this, by the way. I recently shared Postal 3 with my boyfriend and wanted to find a decent LP of Paradise Lost too. Guess we'll be watching yours.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I seriously just now got the Cock Asian pun.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

It occurred to me that many of these ideas seem to be re-used or reworked from Postal 3. There's even the monkeys and tornado cats.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Weren't the Tornado Cats in Apocalypse Weekend?

I stand corrected.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Is the voice in our head the Postal Dude from Postal 3?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

RWS kind of dropped this one out of nowhere. I remembered it being mentioned about once before vanishing for years, and then suddenly popping up on my steam recommendations. It's just as much fun now as it ever was, and it gives me great hope that one of these days, we'll see a Postal 4, and it will be good stuff.

I'm sure if there ever were a Postal 4, RWS would take the opportunity to repeatedly make fun of how weird their sequel numbering had gotten.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I haven't said a drat thing for the last three updates but this is still a great let's play.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Kadorhal posted:

Shocking development!

This is the first time in the actual games we get to see the Dude's wife. If you've watched the movie by Uwe Boll (probably the closest thing he ever made to a halfway-decent film) you might recall the Dude's wife being morbidly obese there. That's essentially what RWS went with, but... well, you'll see.

Honestly the Postal movie is pretty drat funny.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Zushio posted:

I unironically enjoyed the hell out of the Postal movie. It totally nails the spirit of the game, just staggers a little in the fine details. Like having the Postal dude just being a factory working instead of working for RWS. I remember it got a fair bit of flack (no surprise) because of the whole opening 9/11 joke where the hijackers question their faith and change their minds at the last minute, only for the passengers to storm the cockpit and doom the plane. It was genuinely very distasteful and crude, but younger me laughed like a mother fucker when I actually saw it.

Plus, this scene is amazing. I love implied cannibalism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMqNbgZnNLo

I think the opening scene was one of the highlights honestly. It is distasteful and crude, but it's also pretty clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

kjetting posted:

How bad was Postal 3 for RWS to completely disown it and totally diss it in Paradise Lost with scenes like the guy who hanged himself and put himself on fire because of it? I hear it was a buggy mess, but apart from that, was it entertainingly horrible or just bland?

Bland. So bland. Ow it hurts to think of how horribly uninteresting everything in that game was.

• Locked thread