Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

darkgray posted:

I think you've misinterpreted the manga somewhere. In the final chapter Satoru explains he never again experienced a revival after waking from the coma. There's no hidden revival anywhere, as far as I can tell. The closest thing I can think of is when Satoru is on the bridge and tells Yashiro "This is my second 2005", which includes the one before he ever jumps back (because that was in 2006) and the current timeline. Unless I'm the one reading it wrong.

the translations are mediocre, but i also didn't bother reading ch 43 until after Futaba Anzu's post (which probably colored my interpretation of the line). it did seem odd/bad that there would be a Revival there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

darkgray posted:

I think you've misinterpreted the manga somewhere. In the final chapter Satoru explains he never again experienced a revival after waking from the coma. There's no hidden revival anywhere, as far as I can tell. The closest thing I can think of is when Satoru is on the bridge and tells Yashiro "This is my second 2005", which includes the one before he ever jumps back (because that was in 2006) and the current timeline. Unless I'm the one reading it wrong.

You're right. He never had one after the coma.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Did the manga assign any significance to him seeing the magic butterfly at the end?

two for the shoah
Jan 14, 2016

anime-watcher only, but i found the last couple of episodes to be awkward, if not bad

the rooftop scene with satoru and yashiro in particular just felt strange -- like something out of a bl manga

anyways, i still liked the show on the whole

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

Did the manga assign any significance to him seeing the magic butterfly at the end?

at the very end he leaves to drop off a manga storyboard and his path takes him to the bridge where he and Airi hid. she comes across him there, not a butterfly in sight.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

two for the shoah posted:

anime-watcher only, but i found the last couple of episodes to be awkward, if not bad

the rooftop scene with satoru and yashiro in particular just felt strange -- like something out of a bl manga

kenyaxsoutaro

Also why did the roof top have a gate to nowhere?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Alder posted:

kenyaxsoutaro

Also why did the roof top have a gate to nowhere?

Maintenance access to the edge of the roof. Also useful for window-cleaners.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Hmmm. Last episode was a letdown, but in an effortpost way not a shitpost way, and I'm not effortposting today.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I felt like there could have been more to it all but that was an overall satisfying conclusion. I'll probably go finish up the parts of the manga I haven't read yet to see if there was anything different or any extra tidbits that got cut.

Story aside, I think the presentation of it all sold it more than anything. It was a really pretty, and well directed show. It's kinda how I felt about Terror in Resonance, except the characters and story weren't a total flop this time around.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Great show. It's rare for a show to have such a strong ending, especially one with sensitive time management. And I love seeing stuff like the spider threads over people's heads in early episodes.

10/10, def making it onto the Top 5 of 2016.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't like the very last moment with Airi but otherwise I thought this was a cool show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Detective Conan looking good

• Locked thread