Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

My gut says that Kenya might have something like the same power as Satoru. I hope he's not a bad guy because I like him.

I don't think he has the same power, he might just have noticed that Satoru was acting weird.

His eye color did change very briefly though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It can't be that obvious, can it?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

DurosKlav posted:

So am I confused or was one of the other 2 girls that were killed his one friend? Why hasnt that been brought up at all or have I forgotten a mention of it?

Hiromi Sugita is part of his group of friends. Also, he's a boy.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a kitten posted:

Are you sure? Is that manga stuff? I'm pretty sure she's just a tomboy.

I'm just going off what reddit said, but everyone else in the group is a boy so it seems resonable

e: I haven't read the manga

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 23, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Fuuuck I was scared of finishing this epsidode because I knew this was going to happen one way or another. I was really hoping it wouldn't

But the future refused to change.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

What were the death flags? I ask as for me it's merely an assumption on my part that something bad is going to happen or there's no story.

Hinazuki saying "I promise I'll give you your present tomorrow" was definitely an indication that that thing would not happen

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

I think the red-eyes thing is just a visual motif the series is using to show that the protagonist is sensing something fishy, not necessarily "THIS PERSON IS THE CULPRIT 100% BECAUSE NARRATION SAYS SO".

Yeah, a lot of people have had red eyes briefly so far.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Goddamn it

Airi did everything right, she even figured out the message was a trap at the end. She better not be dead or I'll be madsad

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

So the kidnapper from episode 1 was almost certainly a different guy than our murderer, which got me thinking that maybe the actual killer is some kind of fixer, creating situations where a crime (or maybe attempted crime like in episode 1) ends up being framed on someone else. Kind of like the opposite Satoru, who uses his power to to make things right before they happen.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

But why would the fixer do that?

Well, for other people. Like the would-be kidnapper from episode 1 or Kayo's parents

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm suddenly very worried about where Kayo and her grandmother ended up going, it was just them and Sensei in the car, right?

If he is the murderer, I don't think he would do something as obvious as be the last person to be with two people who then got murdered. He'd probably do something more subtle, like maybe go after a bully who everyone avoids after she was called out in class

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I don't think the killer being the most obvious person detracts that much. For me, it was never about figuring it out myself, but seeing how Satoru would figure it out and his reaction to it. And that was great

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That's it fellas

While I wasn't too keen on the coma and memory loss bits from last week, it wrapped up really nicely.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

So how did this differ from the manga ending?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

Nah, they showed him off a little before the end. He got married and had a kid and all that. Still probably works with the food truck stuff whatever his dad did?

Also I kind of like...the ending was a little lost on me. What really was so significant about Airi again? I mean in this timeline they have no real connection so

Apparently in the manga she shows up in the hospital when he's woken up from his coma but they didn't animate that part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

jng2058 posted:

Satoru's got ALL his memories back, including the other timelines, so from his perspective he remembers her saving him from the cops, him saving her from the fire, and how much it hurt her that she'd inadvertently betrayed him. That's a pretty strong connection on his end, and you can see it in how he nearly tears up as he realizes it's her.

Also this, yeah.

Was the girl that showed up to drink with the group and caused Satoru to blush supposed to be bully laxative girl?

• Locked thread