Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

SO DEMANDING posted:

yeah seriously, designing computers to actually be quiet is a recent development

everything used to be noisy. i miss the sound floppy drives would make when you'd boot up a computer

apple ii floppy drives are still the best startup sound of any machine ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Lol at everyone using the os from when apple was legit doomed

Brb gonna reinstall windows me just to rep my os, laffo

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Oh man, hang on, getting suuuper nostalgic for Android 2.1!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Doc Block posted:

Apparently fried Jaguars are a common problem. Mostly from people trying to use center-positive wall warts (aka all of them these days) instead of center-negative like the official Jaguar wall wart.

Common enough that there are people selling Jaguar repair kits online that specifically contain the voltage regulators and capacitors that get blown up by a center-positive wall wart.

Guess I'll try my hand a SMT soldering and see if I can repair it.

They didn't have like a diode or something to prevent that?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

error1 posted:

someone is selling a working Macintosh SE close to me, someone please tell me why it sucks and I shouldn't get it

Ok,

error1 posted:

Macintosh

hth

• Locked thread