Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i got 2 c64s and a vic-20 ive never even used but its still in the box

i got an apple performa 630 dos compatible, windows and mac os in one box lol jelly muhc?

i was planning on building a pentium 3 pc and so i bought a motherboard and then realized the drat mobo has 8 expansion slots and i dont have a case with 8 so now i gotta buy one

i have a flower power imac (gayyyy, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

should I run mac os 8 or 9 when I get this ibook

or X I guess

iirc you can go up to os x 10.4 but idk (if u mean the firewire clamshells)

you can only have a maximum of 576 MB of ram and its kinda slow running 10.4 but u can try it

i think only a very few early production ibooks can run anything less that os9 anyway

just go w/ os 9.22

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

a sweet addition to my useless old computer poo poo collection, i'm spurtin here

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

when I was using my no-firewire clamshell as a daily driver I think I had some kind of linux on it. I want to say gentoo

i remember yellow dog linux being a thing for those ibooks

i think the local compusa had it on one of their display ibooks back in the day

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

i could swear that came on the cd version of win95. if not, then it came on some other cd that came with an old p1-122 mhz gateway 2000 i had

its not on the cdrom version of win95 but there is a perry/aniston cd-rom that you could buy

idk what was on it because i haven't found any info on it but maybe thats what u had

edit - http://www.thefreelibrary.com/%22Friends%22+Go+Interactive+in+Support+of+Windows+95+GT+Interactive...-a017119755

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Doc Block posted:

I got my Jaguar for about $50 and now people want $150 for them on ebay. $50 gets you the empty plastic shell or a "Like New L@@K" empty Jaguar box.

edit: the local "retro" game shop didn't have any Jaguars.

i picked up my jaguar for 60 bucks from craigslist with a working jaguar CD and a bunch of games and accessories

i sold the jaguar CD later on because of the "11 games and none good" and also the "this is guaranteed to unrepairably break one day" issues

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Wild EEPROM posted:

does anyone have that article some engineer wrote about writing the copy protection for a playstation 1 game, I think it was crash bandicoot? It's a pretty pro read.

are you talking about this one about Spyro

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131439/keeping_the_pirates_at_bay.php

there was also a good article about crash bandicoot's development which i think u got confused w/ the spyro one

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

volkadav posted:

In other news, holy optimism batman. I pity the poor bastard that needs to pay that kind of cash for that kind of ancient crap because of some bullshit they have to keep running on their network. The last time I saw one of those in person it was in the $5 bargain bin at a used computer parts warehouse, and that was over a decade ago.

that shits not even surprising for ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-OptiPl...gUAAOSw8-tWU5If

thats not even out of the ordinary, theres all sorts of "vintage gaming computer" with a pentium 2 that people are trying to sell for like 300 dollars or more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

i have a stack of these

when it's something with a $ickk voodoo3 or whatever, they often get their $250-350. it's insane

yeah

and for some reason theres tons of old computer parts from sellers in bulgaria

• Locked thread