Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

eschaton posted:

yes, of course it can

also you can put 128MB of RAM in it

unless it only has 4 slots in which case it only supports 64

i did that to mine and i almost thought i broke it b/c the startup ram check took so long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

http://www.vintagecomputerfederation.org/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-west-xi/ gently caress yeah it's back

gonna start up a J-PC table with some friends, get my apple iigs autographed by the woz if he's there

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

IMO
this is why the Amiga never succeeded
amiga can read 720k pc disks (with the appropriate drivers of course), pcs can't read amiga disks at all without zany hardware

much better than the pre-fdhd macs, those cannot read pc disks at all

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

mother loving lol at this thing

i bought it (and it came out) just when the 64-bit transtition was happening. The drivers were poop from a butt, were nowhere near feature complete, and 64-bit versions were promised but turned out to be pure vaporware. i waited a year, then complained and jens fuckin' shonfeld said "well you're welcome to send it back"

no motherfucker i paid 180 funbux for your stupid product so it could work as intended, not so you could practice your jack tramiel impression

amiga reading/writing works, c64 reading/writing sort of works, mac reading works, but just about everything else that this thing is supposed to do that onmiflop cant is pure broken lol, including the hardware sid support out of which i got not one peep

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

rf is the most shameful video connection method, always replace it asap

• Locked thread