Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
As someone who lives in Oklahoma and suffers through daily earthquakes I would like to thank Saudi Arabia for loving with frackers.

Although I feel like if Saudi Arabia doesn't drive them into bankruptcy, the class action lawsuits certainly will. They're causing billions of dollars worth of damage to buildings.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do you know Company A's cigarette caused your lung cancer? :smugdog: Case dismissed.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

The types of earthquakes caused by fracking are virtually imperceptible to people- who gives a gently caress if the number of 2-3.0 earthquakes is vastly higher it's utterly irrelevant. Fracking just seems like one of those issues where the strongest arguments against is are "the other party likes it", because there's no legitimate argument against fracking where the wastewater is properly handled.

You can totally notice a 3.0 earthquake, it does damage to infrastructure over time, and also raises the likelihood of Magnitude 5 and higher earthquakes.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Truly my gas buddy!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anosmoman posted:

Oil subsidies are great
pre:
Country				bbl/day per 1000 people
Kuwait				134	
United Arab Emirates		103
Saudi Arabia			100	
Qatar				85	
Canada				64	
United States			61	
Netherlands			60
Too bad they're not doing anything useful with it.

I had no clue Kuwait was outproducing Saudi Arabia.

As glutted as oil production is right now, imagine if Iraq never got toppled and was producing as much as it could, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shooting Blanks posted:

That's a ratio of oil production to population, not total production. Kuwait has ~3.3m people, Saudi Arabia has ~28.5m.

Why would they label it that way? Per capita *consumption* makes sense but production seems weird.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 22, 2016

• Locked thread