Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Oil is under 30 dollars now :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Can anyone explain how we could further utilize Slant drilling to offset fracking costs

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Zeroisanumber posted:

Fracking is one reason, the complete collapse of cohesion among members of OPEC is another.

I like to think of Vlad Putin dabbing sweat off of his head at the thought of oil dropping below $20/bbl.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Acelerion posted:

One interesting driver in this has been smaller, high cost, producers that exploded in the 'shale revolution' investment boom. Even though prices are poo poo and they lose money on every barrel, they have to keep producing just to service debt - reducing prices further. Eventually they will die, they're effectively dead already, and Im sure all that wonderful debt has been sliced, diced, and CDO'd into all sorts of great financial products. Who knows what, if anything, that will lead to but at the minimum a lot of banks are going to be sitting on oil and gas assets going "what the gently caress am I supposed to do with this exactly?"

Yeah most of those shale producers are now unable to open new wells because they are 1:1 profit to Debt payment. They are called zombie companies because of this issue. Once their old wells dry up they will die, unless oil skyrockets to $200 a barrel.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Zeroisanumber posted:

Chevron (CVX) is down 1% today and oil dropped below $30/bbl again before settling at $30.22. Gonna wait until it falls below $30 and stays there at close and then buy, buy, buy!

Also, the Russians have to revise their budget because they forecast at $50/bbl so lol.

They may have to trim off the invasion of a country to survive the winter.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bar Crow posted:

Canada will have to start selling oil in bags.

Don't worry Truedoe will fix that by banning the extraction of oil.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

hobbesmaster posted:

Unfortunately life as we know it is impossible without oil.

Yes, even if we go 100% renewable/nuclear.

http://alaska.conocophillips.com/what-we-do/oil-production/Pages/what-is-oil-used-for.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Evil Fluffy posted:

As someone who grew up in an area that was strip mined 80+ years ago I can assure you the oil sands are going to need a lot longer than that to recover. Any waterways that are contaminated with metals and other toxic poo poo are pretty much a lost cause for a very long time because its hard for anything to live in something where the bottom is layered in poison (in addition to the water itself being unlivable).

• Locked thread