Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Ok, your videos have buttons that have scissors, word balloons, and telephones. Your third link has two groups, one with the telephone crossed out and with the two versions of the word balloons, and one with the telephone not crossed out and with both balloons.

So, after investigation, what I'm thinking after clicking a few buttons is:

Phone: Optional Codecs
Word balloons: Full Commentary
Scissors: Summarized game, rather than a full gameplay.

However, each three button group represents two videos. The phone (off or on) represents both the phone and the no-commentary buttons, meaning that, although there's two separations with six buttons total, there are actually only four buttons for a single playthrough.

Normally, video buttons aren't an issue I'd consider fix-worthy, but considering that I had to make multiple comparisons between what seemed like six videos before finding out they're four and not immediately recognizing the keyword [codec] and the keyword [fullcom] weren't mutually exclusive which resulted in me having to take notes which included timestamps, I'd suggest:

Don't attach a button to either phone or no phone symbols if they actually are duplicate videos, it's confusing. Make it clear that it's a category, so you're choosing either Full/not-full commentary in the categories of Codec and Not Codec. Include a legend or some other explanation in the OP of those symbols you're going to use. Finally, make it clear that in cases like Video 3, the separation between groups is not "Part 1/Part 2 of one total video" but rather "All of these buttons showcase the same gameplay."

Edit: Also, the video split-up for Zanzibarland has the crossed-out scissors linking to the second of three videos. If you're splitting up the video, I'd recommend either the main symbol either not be a button, or a button linking to a playlist of some sort. I really can't think of a good reason to link to the middle video like that.

Edit 2: I noticed you have links to the VR missions on your Mobile LP OP, but I don't see the links in your non-mobile LP OP.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread