Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

It's a little long, but worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Also please don't make any "jokes" about autism because we've heard it all before and it's NOT funny.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i don't care about his explaantion. you can't press a n64 button in a non-binary manner.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

i don't care about his explaantion. you can't press a n64 button in a non-binary manner.

You absolutely can.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im probably not gonig to watch that video op. im sorry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
There are only two states. This isn't a qubit button.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love this man and his videos

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
this is what happens if you only have one game as a kid

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This man is the Happeh Theory of Mario 64. :patriot:

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
"Henry"

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

i love this man and his videos

same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaJOVyfPaBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dokE1J5wlhE

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

"THIS is what we call a Pedro Spot, and it's pretty powerful."

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Pretty sad this wasn't the return of ElectricalBeast the Giant of Lets Play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's 3 ways to push the A button (0, 0.5 and 1) and there's 8 days in a week (Sun, M, Tu, W, Th, F, Sat, Sun)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

There's 3 ways to push the A button (0, 0.5 and 1) and there's 8 days in a week (Sun, M, Tu, W, Th, F, Sat, Sun)

whoa*counting on my fingers* whoa

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i watched the whole video and while i am impressed by his achievement i take issue with his notation.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it's cool how there are all these people that are basically scientists explaining the laws and structure of the universe except instead of real life its a video game from 1996

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
digipen honor's thesis

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Literally 99% of this is actually kinda interesting.

The 1% is the "half button press." gently caress that, gently caress him. It's stupid.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

um, i think i trust the mario quantum physicist more than john q jackoff posting in the imp zone when it comes to counting the a button presses.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shinjobi posted:

Literally 99% of this is actually kinda interesting.

The 1% is the "half button press." gently caress that, gently caress him. It's stupid.

a button press counting system that accounts for both a single star run and a full game run seems pretty solid to me

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

trying to jack off posted:

im probably not gonig to watch that video op. im sorry

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lmao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
ive listened to this insane broken man explain Mario physics for over an hour now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

ive listened to this insane broken man explain Mario physics for over an hour now
Quit talking to yourself.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This guy is epic. Hell I love every insane gamer-theorist on youtube more or less, as far as people who are insane about technical things, not really social matters though since I don't care about that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But, in a Full Game A-Button Challenge,...

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

this is an important early pannenkoek2012 saga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy4LiwZ3Uqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEBMaAoKRvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXyDLsemz8

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is there folks that play Mario and count how many times they press the A button. That's even more insane to me than this guy's awesomely insane theory about half-presses...

Soral
May 30, 2009

this is like the third time we've had a thread about this dude. hes cool in my book

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Is there folks that play Mario and count how many times they press the A button. That's even more insane to me than this guy's awesomely insane theory about half-presses...

Lol. God I hope so.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

this is the greatest poo poo

program666
Aug 22, 2013

only 25 seconds in the op video there is a perfect good explanation to what is a half-press, and I agree with his notation

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
my issue with the notation is that if he has divided a "press" into three parts, the push down, the hold, and the release, and all he used was the hold, isn't that 1/3 press? if you want to play semantics and say the act of pushing down is the same as a "press" and the 2nd and 3rd parts do not enter the picture then he did it in zero presses. i'm just not sure how you arrive at half.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
don't get me wrong though this guy is cool as hell and has traveled with mario to countless parallel universes so i can't really say poo poo.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

whatch teh ones I quoted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Paper Triangle posted:

my issue with the notation is that if he has divided a "press" into three parts, the push down, the hold, and the release, and all he used was the hold, isn't that 1/3 press? if you want to play semantics and say the act of pushing down is the same as a "press" and the 2nd and 3rd parts do not enter the picture then he did it in zero presses. i'm just not sure how you arrive at half.

the only way that would work is if he entered the level at the exact moment he pressed the button....... as it is he pressed down on the button and did half a hold outside the level, and inside the level he did half a hold and a release, combining into one full press, but only half of it occuring inside the level