Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soral
May 30, 2009

im not going to edit out or otherwise hide the incredibly gay poo poo i just posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

the only way that would work is if he entered the level at the exact moment he pressed the button....... as it is he pressed down on the button and did half a hold outside the level, and inside the level he did half a hold and a release, combining into one full press, but only half of it occuring inside the level

i agree

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
alright i take it back. that's a solid argument. his notation is sound, and i hope he someday murders the mystery goomba and claims its impossible coin.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the mystery goomba...

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Paper Triangle posted:

alright i take it back. that's a solid argument. his notation is sound, and i hope he someday murders the mystery goomba and claims its impossible coin.

i believe in him

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My big complaint, well actually it makes the video better but with the actual theory, is I thought he was going to reveal some wild poo poo about how a N64 controller's buttons work in SM64 kind of like holding the analog stick forward when turning on an N64 to calibrate the neutral position and then being able to move faster in Doom 64, or something.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

rediscover posted:

ive listened to this insane broken man explain Mario physics for over an hour now

We're in the Pedro Spot now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And there must be a community of people for beating the game in as few A presses as possible because the way he talks about it and why it's important to him seems to be that reason more or less.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

My big complaint, well actually it makes the video better but with the actual theory, is I thought he was going to reveal some wild poo poo about how a N64 controller's buttons work in SM64 kind of like holding the analog stick forward when turning on an N64 to calibrate the neutral position and then being able to move faster in Doom 64, or something.

did you know pro marble blast ultra players sand down the area around the stick on their 360 controllers to push the sticks further

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Wormskull posted:

this reminds me of the prevailing nintendo uncle rumor at my middle school, which was that a special 3rd party controller could turn the hand upside down on the screen where you can mess w mario's face, and that if you turned the hand upside down and pulled on his nose the right way you could play as luigi. i'm not sure if that seems more or less insane than QPUs.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i will watch any length video if my social link with the person is high enough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

did you know pro marble blast ultra players sand down the area around the stick on their 360 controllers to push the sticks further

Awesome

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

No but, I figured they would if I had to guess the one thing Pro Marble Blast Ultra players do to a 360 controller.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Paper Triangle posted:

this reminds me of the prevailing nintendo uncle rumor at my middle school, which was that a special 3rd party controller could turn the hand upside down on the screen where you can mess w mario's face, and that if you turned the hand upside down and pulled on his nose the right way you could play as luigi. i'm not sure if that seems more or less insane than QPUs.

a friend of mine in elementary school tricked me into thinking he had a controller with special cheat code buttons on the back that he could use to turn on cheats you normally cant access in donkey kong country 3. it only worked for donkey kong country 3. i believed him

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i will watch any length video if my social link with the person is high enough

Same but I liked that image anyway.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
another guy said the gym leader gave him a hitmonchan and then he caught a hitmonlee outside in the tall grass but i knew that one was bullshit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only one I believed for a while sheerly because I never played or intended to play it, was my friend who was always about acting really macho and straight and stuff all the time told me that at the end of Devil May Cry if you play it right, Dante takes out his dick and starts loving Trish in it and he went into detail about Dante's huge Donkey Dick. If this is not true please someone who's played the game, let me know.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The only one I believed for a while sheerly because I never played or intended to play it, was my friend who was always about acting really macho and straight and stuff all the time told me that at the end of Devil May Cry if you play it right, Dante takes out his dick and starts loving Trish in it and he went into detail about Dante's huge Donkey Dick. If this is not true please someone who's played the game, let me know.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Press and hold B when the ball pops and then let go on the second wiggle.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my friend told me that if you crash into a lava pit on Bowsers Castle in Mario Kart 64 that a picture of jenny mccarthy in a bikini would show up

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i want to do an oral history of the regional mythologies the "whoopsie" guy from mortal kombat must have. was he even saying whoopsie? was it toasty? was it different on genesis vs SNES? all hot points of debate for 10 year old me

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's been confirmed "Toasty" for like 40 years now.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
thanks, nice to finally put that one to rest.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

none of my friends were retarded enough to think the guy in mortal kombat would pop out and say whoopsie after an extremely brutal uppercut

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i want him to say whoopsie now

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

elf help book posted:

Or maybe that's because Microsoft sucks monstrous dick and never made a way to calibrate or set their controller's dead zone and sensitivity.

My analog won't register a full push that some games expect in some positions and the character will stop running and start sneaking or walking.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

absolutely anything posted:

i want him to say whoopsie now

In some versions he does

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought he was saying Whoopsie. UMKIII on SNES.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Toasty!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I thought he was saying Whoopsie. UMKIII on SNES.

you were probably hearing crispy

VariationsEdit

Frosty! (originated from MK3)[3]
Crispy! (originated from UMK3)[4]
Toasty 3D! (originated from MK4)[5]

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The song "Been Fweago" by the rapper SpaceGhostPurrp also uses the quote on several ocasions during the song.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

you were probably hearing crispy

VariationsEdit

Frosty! (originated from MK3)[3]
Crispy! (originated from UMK3)[4]
Toasty 3D! (originated from MK4)[5]

I watched the video link and that sounds about right

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo