Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
makes me wish fixed knives weren't illegal in a few of the cities i hike in :( so clean simple and functional.

any good lightweight folder suggestions? i've just been using a $8 chinese benchmade knockoff. it's actually surprisingly nice but kinda heavy for these purposes because they don't make good knockoffs with the g10 handles.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Thanks for the replies. Never really considered a budget, I usually like to have a good knife for serious backpacking & a poo poo sub$20 knife for daily beater/loving around in the woods duties.

I'm not a fan of folders either, and I've been having a real hard time finding anything light weight. Right now my go-to is the benchmade mini griptillian. Can't risk owning a fixed knife, I already almost got hosed pretty badly by arcane vaguely written local knife laws nobody has ever heard about. Lockless folders are also illegal in a couple different cities near me. 3" measured is the max blade length, rules out a bunch of stuff for being like 3.1"

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 18, 2016

• Locked thread