Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
I admire your dedication to treating your co-worker as a valuable human being and not just a cog in the machine to be thrown away because he's become inconvenient. Hopefully, your intervention ideas to help keep him on the job will work. It sounds like he may have some serious issues besides just being obese, so maybe help get him to a doctor, too?

If his disabilities are truly incapacitating him to where he's no longer able to work, then perhaps you could look into how to apply for disability and help him navigate that process, which he might feel too discouraged to do on his own. I've heard wait times to receiving that first check can be long, so maybe your church would be able to provide him with more support until the disability income kicked in.

It does sound like the human companionship from the job is important to his well-being, so if he's no longer able to work then maybe you could also try to involve him in other activities so he feels like he's still a part of something.

Anyway, there are a lot of cynics on this forum, but regardless of religion, you and your church friends are doing the right thing to help someone whom society as a whole doesn't care about. Would like to hear a happy ending to this story! I wish you the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread