Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:siren: Season Three starts January 21st on the CW :siren:
There are obviously season 1&2 spoilers in the OP

Welcome to The 100, where the CW takes all your expectations and turns them upside down, and then blows them up.

AKA The Clarke Griffin Own Zone

In Season 2 we found our intrepid leader, Thelonious Jaha, leading an expedition from Camp Jaha toward the fabled/rumored City of Light. He loses most of them in the desert when they abandon him to return back to the rest of the Ark survivors.

John Murphy remains with him, because while Jaha is clearly insane, Murphy has nowhere better to be.

Sacrifices are made by our hero.

But at last he and his followers Murphy reach dry land. What they find there...

An AI with a nuke in need of repair, and a fully stocked bunker/lighthouse where you can watch a video of the last occupant killing themselves!

Oh, some other stuff happened as well. You may remember that in Season 1, Clarke incinerates the attacking Grounder army by using the thrusters of the drop ship.

Octavia joined the Grounders and became a total badass

This guy didn't have a great year.

His son turned Lincoln into a monster, and took leadership of Mt Weather away from his dad. He then went full Evil and commenced forced bone marrow extractions on the remaining Ark kids who were under their care.

Jasper went from this ^^ to an axe wielding leader of the 47 held in Mt Weather

Raven was almost paralyzed, then she was better, then she got injured blowing up the Mt. Weather power station, and THEN they started drilling into her for bone marrow!

The adults were largely just following Clarke's lead, which makes them pretty smart. And, of course, Bellamy infiltrated Mt Weather to try to help the 47, Clarke kissed a girl and she liked it but it would never work out so she moved on, and then the Grounder army that she worked so hard to unite with the Ark survivors BETRAYED them all.

Clarke killed ALL OF MT WEATHER but she felt really bad about it.

Season two ends with her walking away from the rest of the Sky People/Ark survivors and bearing her burden (being the best character) alone.

Post your favorite gifs and/or shipping names! BELLARKE am I right? I'm trying to figure out a name for Jaha and Murphy. ;)

edit: :siren: Clarke Griffin Body Count: 905 :siren:

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GROUND FLOOR

oh god the ground floor is flooded with the blood of Clarke's victims i'm drowning

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

When is the first episode?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Starts Thursday January 21st.

drat new OP got me all excited! :( Put this in the OP, it should really be there.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Sorry Lycus, cut you off when I closed the old thread.

Lycus posted:

If we give Bellamy shared responsibility for the incineration and irradiation, and take away the missile attack, would he have a bigger body count than Clarke?

Bellamy wasn't in the drop ship so he doesn't get shared responsibility for it - in fact Clarke thought she might have killed him and Finn as well when she pushed that particular button. He did fully support and help her with the irradiation though!

edit: Yep, comes back January 21st, let me edit that into the OP

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 13, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bellamy is responsible for a lot of deaths on the ship for breaking the radio.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

IRQ posted:

Starts Thursday January 21st.

drat new OP got me all excited! :( Put this in the OP, it should really be there.

drat it, hollylolly, for a second you got me thinking it was on tonight. :p

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Lycus posted:

drat it, hollylolly, for a second you got me thinking it was on tonight. :p

:D

Sorry, I wanted to make sure I got the OP done in time, and I had time to do it today... so I posted it. :angel:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Things I am looking forward to:

1) The Adventures of Badass Warrior Princess Olivia

2) How Jaha Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

3) Murphy's Adventures in Babysitting

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

If anyone can find or make a good gif of Jasper killing Mt Weather people with an axe, I'd be grateful. :)

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

You should put a spoiler warning in the OP and something for newbies

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

blue squares posted:

You should put a spoiler warning in the OP and something for newbies

"Haven't seen this show? Interested in seeing pretty CW teens gently caress the hell up and get bloodily mutilated? Then watch it!"

There, stick that in the OP, newbies sorted.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If you know how TVIV works, then I think you should know not to read OPs of any returning shows if you're a show newbie.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I added a spoiler warning but...if you click onto a season three OP I think it goes without saying that the thread is full of spoilers from previous seasons.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarLocke posted:

Things I am looking forward to:
2) How Jaha Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

3) Murphy's Adventures in Babysitting

Murphy in the swag bunker drinking and eating saltines while watching everyone else on CCTV would be amazing.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Murphy in the swag bunker drinking and eating saltines while watching everyone else on CCTV would be amazing.

I'm hoping we get this for at least an episode or two. Murphy loving around in the bunker trying to figure out what the gently caress.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm trying to figure out what I'm most excited to see and:

All of it, I want all of it. Put it in my eyes and ears right now.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I just want to see Clarke kill more people and kiss more girls.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm so ready for all the big Ms: Murder, Misery, and 'Macking lips together.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lycus posted:

If you know how TVIV works, then I think you should know not to read OPs of any returning shows if you're a show newbie.

That's not always the case! I have been turned on to many a show that were in season 3 or whatever, when the OP had a really good what is this show about anyway? post, followed by spoiler stuff clearly marked below that

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
In on the Grounder Floor. :)

Also Public service announcement

blue squares posted:

That's not always the case! I have been turned on to many a show that were in season 3 or whatever, when the OP had a really good what is this show about anyway? post, followed by spoiler stuff clearly marked below that

Quit being a fuckhead.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Error 404 posted:

Put it in my eyes and ears right now.

This so hard.

I hope Jaha falls in love with the computer and just furthers his crazy.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I need more Crazy Jaha eyes to put into the OP, so yes. Jaha worshipping an AI with a nuke may be just crazy enough.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Quit being a fuckhead.

What? I started watching the show because the season 2 OP had a great introduction and made me curious. All I was saying is that the OP could be more inviting of new viewers. I don't see how that makes me a fuckhead.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 14, 2016

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It doesn't, you came in here wearing that jacket. Try a different one on.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Um, ok

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The S2 OP was way more spoilerly than this one. Right off the bat, it told you which main characters were definitely alive or possibly dead and where they were at the end of S1.

I remember seeing it before I decided to give the show another shot and so I knew much of how S1 ends. It was fine, knowing how things turned out helped me decide to try again.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 14, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wonder what kind of ratings the show has to do to get a 4th season locked up. I'm scared it's going to be a pretty narrow margin.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

The S2 OP was more orderly than this one turned out. :shrug: I really felt like using gifs was the way to go this year, though. In the end, however, the first post is just there to hang the rest of the thread on.

Aaand we're off to a great start! Tell you what, if we can put together a good "intro to The 100" post I'll link to it right at the top of the OP for any virgin eyes that wander in and leave a big space before the spoilers start. :)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This supercut video of Clarke's killcount is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kTTUsmM0jg

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

hollylolly posted:

I need more Crazy Jaha eyes to put into the OP, so yes. Jaha worshipping an AI with a nuke may be just crazy enough.

"Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye shall be blind with his glory. Every ear shall be stricken death, with the thunder of his voice. Let the men, woman and children of the earth come forth and to gather and behold the power of Atom. Let those who dwell here in these favored land, attend now to the words of the prophet of Atom. Come forth and drink the waters of the glow, for this ancient weapon of war is our salvation! It is the very symbol of Atom's glory. And it serves as a reminder of the division that has occurred in the past and the resplendence of our division in the times to come. Give your bodies to atom my friends, release yourself to his power, feel his glow and be divided.

There shall be no tears, no sorrows no suffering, for in the division we shall see our release from the pains and hardship of his world. Yay your suffering shall exist no longer, it shall be washed away in Atom's glow. Burned from you in the fire of his brilliance. Each of us shall give birth to a million stars, formed from the mess of our wretched and filthy body. Each of us shall be mother and father to a trillion civilizations. Each of us shall know peace, shall know an end to pain and shall know Atom in his glory.

I urge you you my friends, come drink with me and pray. Glorious Atom, I give onto you these feeble bones. I present to your will, this frail body. I beg of you to use me as your vessel. Guide me to your brilliance, divide each particle and give relief to this rotten flesh."

-Jaha, official founder of the Church of the Children of Atom.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
905 lol

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm sorry can we all just get along and agree that watching Clarke's enemies die is the greatest?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm reasonably confident that we will see a huge spike in Octavia's kill-count this season.

In the pantheon being set up here, Clarke represents Healing and Justice, Raven represents Knowledge and Invention, while Octavia is Courage and War. Clarke's body count is high because she makes plans and gives order that have ended lots of lives, but Octavia spent the entire last season literally transforming herself in to a warrior. Soon she'll be leading her own fighting force of battle-hardened grounders and it's gonna be loving epic.

Also, it's hard not to draw some parallels between Clarke and Odin. Who famously has two Ravens, his "thought and his mind", who search the world for knowledge/information and deliver it to him.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Wish the title had gone with the Genghis Clarke kill count, personally.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VagueRant posted:

Wish the title had gone with the Genghis Clarke kill count, personally.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Snak posted:

I'm reasonably confident that we will see a huge spike in Octavia's kill-count this season.

In the pantheon being set up here, Clarke represents Healing and Justice, Raven represents Knowledge and Invention, while Octavia is Courage and War. Clarke's body count is high because she makes plans and gives order that have ended lots of lives, but Octavia spent the entire last season literally transforming herself in to a warrior. Soon she'll be leading her own fighting force of battle-hardened grounders and it's gonna be loving epic.

Also, it's hard not to draw some parallels between Clarke and Odin. Who famously has two Ravens, his "thought and his mind", who search the world for knowledge/information and deliver it to him.
On the one hand yes, but on the other Clarke has killed literally a hundred times as many people as Octavia so there's a lot of catchup to be done.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Man, Bellamy has killed a hundred times more people than Octavia. She really has a ways to go to live up to the family name. Although granted he was a security grunt and she was a semi-feral child he raised in a shoebox, so I guess she's punching above her weight class a bit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Allowing the missile to hit Ton DC were the only morally questionable killings that Clarke did, and it was more Lexa's doing than hers. The 300 fried grounders were trying to kill them all and Mt Weather loving had it coming.

What I'm trying to say is Clarke did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The Iron Rose posted:

On the one hand yes, but on the other Clarke has killed literally a hundred times as many people as Octavia so there's a lot of catchup to be done.

Well I didn't say she was gonna catch up. But also, Clarke's killed very few people with her own hands. Octavia may soon pass her in that department, running around with that badass sword.

edit: ^ agreed.

• Locked thread