Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

just realized that the character Ashley Williams from the Mass Effect series is based on Erica Cerra ( the AI at the end of season 2) and you could let Ashley getting killed in ME1 by a nuke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
One more day, Goon-grounders (Goonders? Groonders?)! I for one am having a hard time deciding whether or not to let the episodes pile up so I can binge later. After the premiere, of course.

Yes Ghengis Clarke, I'll do whatever you say please don't kill me oh god

isaboo fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 20, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Basement People. Undergrounders.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Reminder that this scene was hard-loving-core:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs__QQc2rr4

Most shows that have two pretty ladies fight, it might be kinda sexual, their clothes would get strategically ripped, their makeup would stay perfect, etc. But The 100? No. They are CAKED in mud and dirt, blood running down ears and into their hair, into their TEETH as they brain each other with rocks, stab at each other and headbutt and just...drat. Even when Clarke gets the advantage and just rains punches down on the side of her head and they both just look super hosed up. It's properly brutal.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

VagueRant posted:

Most shows that have two pretty ladies fight, it might be kinda sexual, their clothes would get strategically ripped, their makeup would stay perfect, etc. But The 100? No. They are CAKED in mud and dirt, blood running down ears and into their hair, into their TEETH as they brain each other with rocks, stab at each other and headbutt and just...drat. Even when Clarke gets the advantage and just rains punches down on the side of her head and they both just look super hosed up. It's properly brutal.

Its also pretty drat sexy if you ask me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I miss Anya, she had the right stuff.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:siren: Season Three starts tonight!

Wanheda: Part One
Bellamy and Kane lead a team into Grounder territory to rescue Clarke, who has bounty on her head; Murphy finds a changed Jaha is on a different mission.

Have this favorable review of the show (some small spoilers) from Entertainment Weekly.

Spergatory posted:

For the OP: A nice gif of Jasper loving murdering some dude in cold blood. Couldn't find a larger one but I feel it gets the point across. :black101:

This is great, btw. Thanks!

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 21, 2016

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I'm so glad lexa is going to be back I hope she makes out with some girls

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Just as a reminder: they're fighting in a mass grounder graveyard here. A graveyard that Clarke made. She beats Anya by basically rubbing her face in the ashes and bones of her dead warriors. :black101:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interesting way to start the season.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Jasper is a drunk rear end in a top hat and Octavia is a legit warrior princess with a horse and everything, this is so great. :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PTSD Jasper looks a lot better with short hair.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That jeep singalong scene was somehow both heartwarming and bad-rear end.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Well they needed a new Murphy so now Jasper is Murphy!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jasper is more like the new Finn.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
No longer sated by killing man, Clarke has moved onto more vicious targets.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So Clarke is now a panther-fightin' redhead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Clarke has gone fuckin nutzo.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Genghis Clarke the Barbarian

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Jasper's not Murphy. Murphy wants to stay alive. Jasper, uhhh, well...

Jasper thinks the prospect of being murdered in front of his former friends is hilarious.

Murphy doesn't have any friends. :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Of course Clarke is now the Grounder Queen of Death.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Raven telling it like it is.

edit: 'No kill marks.' "My back's not big enough."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is getting kind of heavy for network TV.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Let's be real, Clarke deserves a good lay after all the poo poo last season put her through.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Let's be real, Clarke deserves a good lay after all the poo poo last season put her through.

Wipe out the enemy, get some oral. Checks out. It's the least they could do for her.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So the City of Light is some Matrix thing?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Looked like a JO crystal to me.

That Jaha-Murphy relationship is getting real.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 3 decided that their pop music needs to be diegetic.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dude's gone nuts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Basically every single character in the show has lost someone close to them, family a friend a loved one etc. And they're getting along fine. Jasper knew Maya for 3 weeks. Pull yourself together you freak.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I'd argue that none of the characters are getting along fine. Everyone is still carrying the baggage; I will cede that Jasper is dealing with it in a much worse way than anyone else.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'd say Clarke takes the prize for Worst Handling of Trauma at the moment. I mean, getting drunk every night? Doing stupid poo poo that might get you killed? Tackling Canadian Pop Stars? Those are all things that even normal people do. Dying your hair red and going off to kill panthers in the wilderness? That's pretty much exclusively done by crazies.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

haha the murphster getting weird in the swag bunker. what a way to start the season. the Jaha / Murphy plot is still the best.

Jasper stop being such a poo poo that Maya died. who gives a gently caress

edit: I did like that they mentioned that Lexa not killing the mountain men weakened her position, so the other tribes feel they can act more boldly.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 22, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Well I said I wanted to see Clarke kill more people and kiss more women, I'm happy with this pilot. Panthers count, as do fluffy bunnies.

also jasper is a poo poo

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
So if the Ice Queen wants to kill Clarke and gain her power, I assume when Clarke kills her she'll become the new Ice Queen.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The 100 (s3) - "Good Talk"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is my bet. He was literally handing him the red blue pill. It could also be how she "saved" everyone, think The Library on Doctor Who or Zanarkand in Final Fantasy X. So the CIty of Light is a VR where billions of humans have continued to live and develop civilization since everything blew up. I'm assuming that without adequate power the AI was unable to contact survivors in space or places like Mt Wx; now that Jaha has taken a nuke and turned it into a power source they can now do so and...ok I have no idea how that will benefit anyone in either world but whatevs.

I liked that they explained the reason they were staying in Camp Not Jaha and looting Mt Wx instead of living there was because if they did it would start a war with the Grounders who'd figure "here we go again!" Makes sense.

I was a bit surprised that they kept Abbie on as Chancellor but I suppose that between Kane wanting to be pedantically legal about having handed power off to her plus admitting he'd rather be a strong second banana/organizer. I'm assuming this based on the fact that everyone, including Kane called her "Chancellor" and they just called him "Kane".

Astroman fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 22, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Astroman posted:

I liked that they explained the reason they were staying in Camp Not Jaha and looting Mt Wx instead of living there was because if they did it would start a war with the Grounders who'd figure "here we go again!" Makes sense.

It doesn't make that much sense, since they have no reason to pose a threat to the grounders like the Mountain People did.
On the other hand, their betrayal makes a good case for turning on that fog and wiping them the gently caress out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

It doesn't make that much sense, since they have no reason to pose a threat to the grounders like the Mountain People did.
On the other hand, their betrayal makes a good case for turning on that fog and wiping them the gently caress out.

It makes sense because Mt Weather is basically where the boogeyman lived so the grounders would assume that anyone moving in would probably do more of the same poo poo.

They blew up the fog machine :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mt Weather still has missiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Well it's not a great explanation, but it's better than what you'd have gotten in a non serialized show of 30 years ago, where they would have just never mentioned it again. Or a :bsg: style "We all voted to not live in this ultra civilized, fully functional bunker and instead flew it into the sun."

Also reminder, for insights into the show, check out the 100 Writer's Room twitter. https://twitter.com/The100writers

They drop cool poo poo, like the fact that Clarke did indeed dye her hair with berries.

• Locked thread