Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snak posted:

Get it? They both eat cat...

Vietnam PTSD Jasper rules.
Raven is Lt.Dan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well it's too late to move in now since I assume no one cleaned out all the bodies.

Rocksicles posted:

Raven is Lt.Dan

hahaha

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Fortunately, it's easy for looters to avoid the decaying corpses since the Mountain Men all packed themselves into one room that's the deepest in the facility.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
They should send joint parties to Mt. Weather. Diplomacy through plunder of a defeated enemy.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
What was this line that referenced Raven's engineer buddy? I missed it. (I also totally blanked on the Miller thing too.)
  • Anyway, I was so happy to see Raven again when she slid out of the car and the crew singing along together in the jeep, with Octavia on a horse was totes adorable. It's nice to have a moment like that to remind me that I basically like all of those characters right now.
  • I also was kind of digging the timeskip if only because the reveal of Arkadia with actual farms and poo poo was REALLY good to see - it has always bugged me that they never had crops.
  • I really liked the moment where Bellamy does his usual "screw protocol" thing, but tells Monty to make the call because it's his people. I like likable characters!
  • So I guess Clarke's full on lesbian/bi now? The pussy-eating scene having cheesy electric guitar like a '90s skinemax movie was A Bit Weird. The other panther kill was rad at least.
  • Other people have said it in the thread but "My back's not big enough." Hah! drat.
  • Cliffhanger wasn't much and I'm still not into the Jaha's Wild Ride feat. Murphy. Although I am curious to see what AI Lady is up to, what with saying she used the missile as a power source...
Overall, the ep was only okay, but it wasn't the shitshow I was worried season 3 was going to be. So fingers crossssssssed for the future.

Also feel like you guys need to remember that Jasper is a teenager, Maya was almost certainly his first love and that she was loving adorable and super nice and you all are terrible people for not being sadder when she died. Especially when she died (arguably unnecessarily) at the hands of someone Jasper was spent the entirety of last season counting on, as a friend. :smith:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Them settling beneath that towering wreckage still bugs me. That can't be safe.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I'm glad Raven's bf is gone now maybe she can get in on the girl kissing action as well

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Murphy and Jaha continue to be the absolute best. Jaha is so crazy, I'm laughing at every scene of theirs because Murphy's the straight man and he's Murphy for god's sake. When Murphy is the sane, sensible one you know you're hosed up. I can't wait for Jaha to force Murphy into the Matrix because Murphy is not a good candidate for peace and light or whatever bullshit that AI is spouting. He is going to screw that City of Light up so hardcore. That is if Clarke hasn't destroyed it first.

Clarke is still too awesome. And I love broken Jasper. I just love this show so much. Clarke's killing panthers and sexing up girls, Jasper's trying his best to kill himself without just eating his gun, Monty is literally a sadface emoji, the Skypeople continue to promise peace, then shoot everything that moves...

Also A+ on the show starting with half-naked, sweaty Bellamy and Lincoln sparring. drat.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Oh gently caress me I just realized Clarke is literally slaying pussy.

Volvo of Despair
Nov 19, 2005
Now with 100% less Trent Reznor!
I liked how Clarke had the stereotypical that 80's action movie scene where the stoic hero gets his wounds tended to by some girl while ignoring the pain, only to end up banging her. It was fun seeing that cliche turned on its head a little bit.

Anyone think that the guy who kidnapped her at the end is working for Lexa? I can totally see her doing that for Clarke's "protection." And of course she wants another makeout session.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

VagueRant posted:

.Also feel like you guys need to remember that Jasper is a teenager, Maya was almost certainly his first love and that she was loving adorable and super nice and you all are terrible people for not being sadder when she died. Especially when she died (arguably unnecessarily) at the hands of someone Jasper was spent the entirety of last season counting on, as a friend. :smith:

She died in a pretty awful way, too. I mean, there's no good death, but some are definitely less bad than others, and melting has to rank pretty highly on the bad list. In his arms, too. I'm surprised he didn't have to change shirts before he left Mount Weather, because "uhh, dude, you've got some... you've got a little... uhhh, Maya, on you." :stare:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
LOL if that's the case then Clarke is a genocidal Helen of Troy.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Wasn't Octavia Jasper's crush until the series started offing teens like no tomorrow?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

Wasn't Octavia Jasper's crush until the series started offing teens like no tomorrow?

Yes.

edit: This show is so good.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Spergatory posted:

She died in a pretty awful way, too. I mean, there's no good death, but some are definitely less bad than others, and melting has to rank pretty highly on the bad list. In his arms, too. I'm surprised he didn't have to change shirts before he left Mount Weather, because "uhh, dude, you've got some... you've got a little... uhhh, Maya, on you." :stare:

Jasper had also been kind of gloating over over Dr. Tsing dying horribly when exposed to radiation so he knows exactly how bad a death it was. Plenty there to gently caress someone up for years to come, I'm suprised they have no therapists in Arkadia. Living on the Ark for decades would have made plenty of professional help to not go mad an absolute must.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CeeJee posted:

Jasper had also been kind of gloating over over Dr. Tsing dying horribly when exposed to radiation so he knows exactly how bad a death it was. Plenty there to gently caress someone up for years to come, I'm suprised they have no therapists in Arkadia. Living on the Ark for decades would have made plenty of professional help to not go mad an absolute must.

Probably died somewhere around the worlds most incompetent coup.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Loved every second of the premiere. Highlights for me were-

• Unhinged Murphy in the bunker - STATE YOUR CORE COMMAND
  • Crazy-rear end Jaha
  • Alie saying "too many people" as her justification. Clarke can take care of that for you, Alie.
  • Jasper. Lots of things about Jasper, but him saluting and then smacking Bellamy upside the head was hilarious. OId Bellamy would have hung him.
  • Bellamy's patrol singing in the rover.
  • ICE NATION!
  • Everything about Clarke and the trader girl of course, but especially this exchange:
    "No kill marks?"
    Clarke: "My back isn't big enough"
  • Who the gently caress kills panthers with a goddamn knife? WANHEDA, COMMANDER OF DEATH, that's who.

This show is so good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Let's not forget that before Maya died, he also went pretty nuts with that ax. He has just learned, as a teenager, that he has power to make change, power over life and death. But not all the power. No matter what he does, poo poo is hosed and there's nothing he can do about it. And now he's a drunk, which tend's to keep your viewpoints somewhat polarized for you.

edit: ^ Clarke dropping onto the panther from the tree is some straight Rambo poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

VagueRant posted:

What was this line that referenced Raven's engineer buddy? I missed it. (I also totally blanked on the Miller thing too.)

Abbie says that Raven pushed him away as an explanation as to why he's not around.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I thought bellamys girlfriend was the grounder in the cage next to him at Mt weather. She says something along the lines of 'I hate that place' before handing him the illiad

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I could be wrong as it was just something I read on another site.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's a new character. Grounder girl was named Echo. Cliff girl was named Mel. This girl is named Gina.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 23, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
In case you guys have been ignoring it, The 100 Wiki is pretty awesome and comprehensive. I mean, it's not the most unbiased, content-wise, but it contains everything that you would expect teenage shippers care about

For example, each character page has a sidebar, and on that sidebar, under "Family Information" is a field called "Significant Kills". All romantic relationships are listed and usually have their own pages. The character bios are tabbed by season.

You can learn the grounder language.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Snak posted:

You can learn the grounder language.

Gunekru represent

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Error 404 posted:

Gunekru represent

The forums are obviously part of the City of Light :colbert:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Snak posted:

edit: Also the way that Indra says it, I misunderstood it the first time: She is saying that what Clarke did at Mount Weather weakened the Commander? Because that make sense, and is what we talked about earlier. The way she said "What Clarke did at Mount Weather weakened her", somehow I parsed it as Clarke weakening herself at first and got confused.

It weakened the Commander because Clarke killed all the Mount Weather rear end in a top hat and made the Ark the dominate power in the region while the Commander basically cut a deal with them. She lost face with her people.

Volvo of Despair posted:

I liked how Clarke had the stereotypical that 80's action movie scene where the stoic hero gets his wounds tended to by some girl while ignoring the pain, only to end up banging her. It was fun seeing that cliche turned on its head a little bit.

Anyone think that the guy who kidnapped her at the end is working for Lexa? I can totally see her doing that for Clarke's "protection." And of course she wants another makeout session.
Clarke as the 80's action hero is pretty fun, I also like the fact that Bellemey has basically fallen to Third in command.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
In that whole ridiculous episode the thing that made me stop and say 'what' was the fact that Grounder Captain Vane hung around outside the trading post for hours, probably listening to Clarke getting her groove on, just waiting for her to leave so he could capture her (instead of going in and getting her).

So good to have this show back. I wonder if Jaha is just being Jaha or if the pills he gave Murphy (and presumably took himself) are some kind of nanotech that let the AI gently caress with his mind directly.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Grounder Bounty Hunter Vane probably didn't buy what the trading post girl was telling him, but maybe he didn't want to ruin his relationship with the trading post by bursting in and trashing the place to capture Clarke. Taking her by complete surprise is a better option when you're dealing with Wanheda, obviously.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

WarLocke posted:

In that whole ridiculous episode the thing that made me stop and say 'what' was the fact that Grounder Captain Vane hung around outside the trading post for hours, probably listening to Clarke getting her groove on, just waiting for her to leave so he could capture her (instead of going in and getting her).

It makes a certain amount of sense.
If he goes in direct he either kills the innocent grounder lady or leaves a witness.
Everybody is looking for Clarke so not having any witnesses when he captures her makes strategic sense.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Error 404 posted:

It makes a certain amount of sense.
If he goes in direct he either kills the innocent grounder lady or leaves a witness.
Everybody is looking for Clarke so not having any witnesses when he captures her makes strategic sense.

Yea but if he killed the trader girl, he would inherit her trading power :v:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

hollylolly posted:

Taking her by complete surprise is a better option when you're dealing with Wanheda, obviously.

I certainly wouldn't want to take on Genghis Clarke the Barbarian without surprise. :catstare:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

hollylolly posted:

Grounder Bounty Hunter Vane probably didn't buy what the trading post girl was telling him, but maybe he didn't want to ruin his relationship with the trading post by bursting in and trashing the place to capture Clarke. Taking her by complete surprise is a better option when you're dealing with Wanheda, obviously.

I figured it was this. Attacking a trading post would only be asking for trouble within the larger society.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

WarLocke posted:

So good to have this show back. I wonder if Jaha is just being Jaha or if the pills he gave Murphy (and presumably took himself) are some kind of nanotech that let the AI gently caress with his mind directly.

Considering he could see ai girl outside of the mansion, almost certainly. Was it a pill though? It looked like some kind of prosthetic or an implant or something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea but if he killed the trader girl, he would inherit her trading power :v:

I would enjoy this show a lot more if grounder society was based on bits and pieces of old world pop culture, and they cribbed that particular bit from Highlander.

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 24, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They should play the Head-Six theme when Jaha sees Alie outside.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

They should play the Head-Six theme when Jaha sees Alie outside.

Yeah when that happened I was like "wow they really just went full Gaius Baltar with him, huh".

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So I just realized, both Jasper and Raven have lost a significant other to the Swirling, All-Devouring Vortex of Death that is Clarke Griffin.

That's a solid foundation to build a relationship on, right? :dance:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

So I just realized, both Jasper and Raven have lost a significant other to the Swirling, All-Devouring Vortex of Death that is Clarke Griffin.

That's a solid foundation to build a relationship on, right? :dance:

Hopefully Jasper will just blow his own brains out. Or maybe he can stop being such a poo poo.

Either one will work for me.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
So, wait. Where did the nicely graded road come from?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Disconnecticus posted:

The AI did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Disconnecticus posted:

I wondered that too. I guess we just half to chalk it up to them clearing out some existing roads/paths in the intervening 3 months. I actually felt the timeskip might have better served the show if it was more like a year. I'm not sure it would have really affected much had it been longer.

• Locked thread