Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, they were also incredibly vague about who actually got into the Bunker at the end of last week's episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, they were also incredibly vague about who actually got into the Bunker at the end of last week's episode.

Do you mean the main players or what?

Because it was pretty clear that 100 of each tribe went into the bunker and we know Kane/Abby/Octavia are part of it plus Indra.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We know Abbie and Nathan Miller did but it wasn't explicit about Kane or Jaha.

Like I could totally see them writing those two off because there really isn't anything left for either of them to say. Do we really need another season of Jaha running around trying to be in charge again?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Since Kane talked Jaha out of starting a war in the bunker, I'm guessing Kane stays.

I will agree that we don't know what is going to happen to Jaha.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

They've already confirmed we'll be getting flashbacks for the 3 groups.

I wondered what would happen to the flashbacks now that Arrow caught up to it's own timeline.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For Kane I could see it as him giving up his spot for Abbie.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Abby is also the one of the two doctors they have or at least one of them. So they probably didn't draw her name.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She specifically took her name out of the running and said she was going to go outside.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

She specifically took her name out of the running and said she was going to go outside.

But Kane left her in the bunker when they were carting out the gassed Skycrew.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

They went with Clarke's list from earlier in the season in the end, and iirc it had all/most of the main players on it + all the technical staff needed to survive, and children.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Abby confirmed worst chancellor.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.

TMMadman posted:

Since Kane talked Jaha out of starting a war in the bunker, I'm guessing Kane stays.

I will agree that we don't know what is going to happen to Jaha.

It's been confirmed that Isaiah Washington will not be a regular in Season 5, so I think it's likely that one way or another Jaha will not be alive by the time that the bunker gets unburied.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I hate Jaha's character anyway so that's good hope he died.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I cant get over "prymefyra". I mean, we were talking about a bunch of nuclear plants leaking, right? How the gently caress would that cause a gigantic wave of fire??? Radiation in this series is basically magic

Apart from that, the finale was very predictable up to the last minute, when the WTF moment comes. It was a cool WTF moment, though

INH5
Dec 17, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

I cant get over "prymefyra". I mean, we were talking about a bunch of nuclear plants leaking, right? How the gently caress would that cause a gigantic wave of fire??? Radiation in this series is basically magic

Yeah, and if I recall correctly, there was also a mention of "pyroclastic flows" being part of the death wave. As in the things produced by a volcanic eruption. Like I said on Reddit one time, this show makes a lot more sense if you mentally replace every instance of the word "radiation" with something like "dark magic."

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The 100 takes place in an alternate history where all nuclear reactors and weapons are, in fact, powered by demons.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Chernobyl unfortunately colored everyone's perceptions of nuclear power plants for the worse, and it's now automatically assumed that a "meltdown" is some kind of hideous explosion. The conditions that allowed for the Chernobyl reactor explosion no longer exist in modern nuclear reactors, and they certainly wouldn't exist in a magical future world where they've got a loving fully-fledged AI running around. At the worst, you'd get fuel rods leaking down into the water table, but your average outside observer would have zero clue that anything bad was even going on.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder why they didn't just do something like "a big ol' asteroid is heading this way." Same impending threat of total destruction, same relative inability to stop or alter its course, and you have a convenient reason for the asteroid-mining villains to show up after the time skip. Someone on the writing team really has a drat axe to grind with nuclear physics.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 26, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a good rear end finale.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, I can't help butt wonder what comes next.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

A bunch of hard as nails space convicts showing these weak-rear end grounders what a true Lord of the Flies scenario looks like.

Do you still call it a 'prison shanking' if it happens in the woods?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Im thinking it got to be something alien related or time-travel related because otherwise where the hell did they come from

edit: vvvvvvv I didnt never had the slightest doubt that she would survive. She cant die, she is the main character among the main characters. I really hoped Monty would die (he is the most boring character imo), but we didnt even got that. And I also dont remember any penal colony ever being mentioned, but I have a bad memory. Was it?

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 26, 2017

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Only thing I was majorly disappointed in was that Clarke didn't die. I was totally ready for her to meet that death wave on top of the radar tower but nooooo. :rolleyes:

I can't remember at all when they mentioned the space mining penal whatever colony, can someone drop what episode it is so I can find that little bit? My partner was literally just like, who the gently caress? This was never mentioned, and if it weren't for this thread I would've been in the exact same boat.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

I can't remember at all when they mentioned the space mining penal whatever colony, can someone drop what episode it is so I can find that little bit? My partner was literally just like, who the gently caress? This was never mentioned, and if it weren't for this thread I would've been in the exact same boat.

It's one of the early bunker experimentation episodes -- episode 5 or 6 this season, I think -- that gives the most exposition. It's a scene with Abby and Jackson.

The gist: Becca developed the nightblood serum to help keep people alive during cryosleep, specifically for transport to an asteroid mining penal colony.

I'm not sure if the show's explanation does anything but raise more questions, tbh.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm kinda surprised there were still people alive in this penal colony, since the original prisoners couldn't possibly have survived over a hundred years after the nukes first went off, and you wouldn't expect there to be any women in an asteroid mining prison. If anything, these people arriving now aren't Space Convicts, but instead Space Australians.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Do we really need another season of Jaha running around trying to be in charge again?

:colbert: Yes.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder if Kane and Abby will have had a new kid in the interim to replace Clarke. :v:

Hopefully named Clerka like Kymmi on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. :allears:

Next season is gonna be pretty baller. Prison ship reveal was great. Maybe they'll all be dicks, but it would be even funnier if they evolved into a bunch of nice, intelligent people who hear what the Grounders, Mountain Men, and Skaicru did and are horrified at their barbarism.. "Wait, you used to shove people out the arilock? And you did a trial by combat and murdered a couple hundred of your own people? You guys are animals!"

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Vermain posted:

The more I think about it, the more I wonder why they didn't just do something like "a big ol' asteroid is heading this way." Same impending threat of total destruction, same relative inability to stop or alter its course, and you have a convenient reason for the asteroid-mining villains to show up after the time skip. Someone on the writing team really has a drat axe to grind with nuclear physics.

Would have also explained the AI being so eager to digitize everyone and shove them into the space station.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Right, surprise prison convicts out of nowhere. Took them six years and something, plus all the time spent on the ground before, to get to Earth? I thought adult prisoners got spaced, anyway? Why is there a huge transport coming?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Combat Pretzel posted:

Right, surprise prison convicts out of nowhere. Took them six years and something, plus all the time spent on the ground before, to get to Earth? I thought adult prisoners got spaced, anyway? Why is there a huge transport coming?

There was mention of a prison asteroid mining colony a couple times this season to set up the arrival. We won't know why or how long it took them to get there until next season, obvs.

Including the time skip, it's been just around seven years since the 100 initially landed.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
As we know from the expanse growing up on a asteroid has dire consequences on physical ability, but this will be conveniently ignored of course.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Koirhor posted:

As we know from the expanse growing up on a asteroid has dire consequences on physical ability, but this will be conveniently ignored of course.

Well theoretically the same issues would affect all of Skaikru, so it's kind of a wash.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Combat Pretzel posted:

"Well our advanced science showed us that the Earth was about to be ravaged by a nuclear holocaust, we've known for like 20 years now. I mean, you guys knew that right? So we planned a long term mission to come back once it got safe."

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Combat Pretzel posted:

They're a separate group from the Arkers. They're a pre-disaster colony, a separate entity.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

Well theoretically the same issues would affect all of Skaikru, so it's kind of a wash.

Well the Ark was spinning, and since they Arkadians had no problems adjusting to earth's gravity it spinned fast enough to generate 1G.
In the expanse most colonies are spinning to create a 0.3G field, which is described as pleasant.
Only the martian marines who often train at 1G have a chance to walk normally on earth. All others usually experience earth's gravity as pure torture (and is even used as such).

However thanks to *YA Magic* we won't need to worry about that. This show isn't about accuracy but is all about the plot!

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Pop Quiz :

Which actor of the main "sub 18 Teen original 100" cast is the oldest?

Looking in this myself right now, but watch out. It's a trick question.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I believe ________Octavia would require another '6 years and 7 days' timeskip to be as old as the actor.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Question is badly worded.

The answer is 9

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Badly worded, sorry.... but 9?
At least i would have counted "42" as a valid answer.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Open Source Idiom posted:

They're a separate group from the Arkers. They're a pre-disaster colony, a separate entity.
I'd like to hear the reasoning that they were able to go solo all the 106(?) years. Unlike the arkers, who had to combine space stations and things still went to poo poo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Evernoob posted:

Pop Quiz :

Which actor of the main "sub 18 Teen original 100" cast is the oldest?

Looking in this myself right now, but watch out. It's a trick question.

Well, I know Marie Avergopolous is like two or three years older than me, so I'll go with her.

Our Greek genes keep us young.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'd like to hear the reasoning that they were able to go solo all the 106(?) years. Unlike the arkers, who had to combine space stations and things still went to poo poo.

The conversation that introduced them early in the season mentioned something about hypersleep, so maybe they spent the last century or so as human popsicles, save for maybe a few people who thawed out periodically to maintain the ship.

It'd be hilarious if a bunch of pre-apocalypse criminals popped out of the mining ship, asked Clarke what happened during the 110 years or so they've been asleep, and were simultaneously dumbfounded and horrified with what she told them.

----

On another note, rewatching the ending scene of S4, I noticed that Clarke's rifle has 2 magazines duct taped together, in such a way as to allow the person wielding the rifle to quickly spin them around and reload. That's not the kind of thing you would ever do with a hunting rifle. And Clarke's dialogue mentions having even more guns.

So who or what the hell did Clarke and her adopted nightblood expect to shoot? A gang of Mad Max-esque nightblood bandits? More mutant gorillas? That weird mutant guy we were shown in 2x01 that was never mentioned again?

INH5 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

INH5 posted:

It'd be hilarious if a bunch of pre-apocalypse criminals popped out of the mining ship, asked Clarke what happened during the 110 years or so they've been asleep, and were simultaneously dumbfounded and horrified with what she told them.

I'm pretty much imagining the opposite of the scene in The Sarah Connor Chronicles where Sarah's trying to get a full false ID setup going for her, John, and Cameron and a bunch of gangbangers are having to explain 9/11 to her because they managed to time jump right past it happening and she has no idea why it's so much more expensive now to get it done than when her connection (Enrique from Terminator 2) did it last time. You get this hilarious slow-mo scene of a bunch of mexicans in full hollywood gang attire wildly gesticulating to explain planes crashing into skyscrapers while she looks confused and we get a dramatic voiceover from Sarah's actress on the show explaining what the gently caress is going on.

• Locked thread