Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Snak posted:

edit: Also the way that Indra says it, I misunderstood it the first time: She is saying that what Clarke did at Mount Weather weakened the Commander? Because that make sense, and is what we talked about earlier. The way she said "What Clarke did at Mount Weather weakened her", somehow I parsed it as Clarke weakening herself at first and got confused.

It weakened the Commander because Clarke killed all the Mount Weather rear end in a top hat and made the Ark the dominate power in the region while the Commander basically cut a deal with them. She lost face with her people.

Volvo of Despair posted:

I liked how Clarke had the stereotypical that 80's action movie scene where the stoic hero gets his wounds tended to by some girl while ignoring the pain, only to end up banging her. It was fun seeing that cliche turned on its head a little bit.

Anyone think that the guy who kidnapped her at the end is working for Lexa? I can totally see her doing that for Clarke's "protection." And of course she wants another makeout session.
Clarke as the 80's action hero is pretty fun, I also like the fact that Bellemey has basically fallen to Third in command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

hollylolly posted:

Grounder Bounty Hunter Vane probably didn't buy what the trading post girl was telling him, but maybe he didn't want to ruin his relationship with the trading post by bursting in and trashing the place to capture Clarke. Taking her by complete surprise is a better option when you're dealing with Wanheda, obviously.

I figured it was this. Attacking a trading post would only be asking for trouble within the larger society.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Good for the Violent Femmes for still being popular enough for everyone to rock out too 150 plus years in the future.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Error 404 posted:

I'm ok with it because it is far better than what some (old) sound designer imagines will be cool in the future. It's a cultural shorthand for 'this person is cool and likes cool things, please add this to your suspension of disbelief kthnx'.

Just make it debated or some elronica style classical music.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Well somehow a massive mountain range popped up in the area.

The Blue Ridge Mountains do exist near Mt. Weather they just aren't really Vancouver Mountains big.

The giant tower in the middle of no where is kind of weird.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
So the Ice nation lives in the bombed out frozen ruins of Washington DC right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Astroman posted:

I hope Ice Nation doesn't go way up to Canada because it means they can keep ramping it up season after season with "...well now wait til you see THESE GUYS from just over the NEXT hill!" and have wild storylines with desert warriors from Kentucky or Jungle Men from Idaho or degenerate radioactive mutants of Texas or whatever. To say nothing of what's going on in other countries. :allears:

Canada wasn't involved in the war, just deiced everyone in space was an rear end in a top hat and refused to talk to them.

They are busy fighting a war with New Zealand over rare metals in what's left of China.

• Locked thread