Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
As long as she eclipses the 1000 mark I'll be happy. Go get 'em slugger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Gotta introduce the conventions to subvert them. My "wait a sec, is this gonna be an interesting show" moment was when the little girl shanked Jaha Jr., who I assumed would be part of a three season love triangle with him, Finn and Clarke.

Yeah that's the scene that got me hooked.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Wow wait a minute, the Neil Gaiman book American Gods is coming to TV?

E: And Bryan Fuller is producing it?! :vince:

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 28, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Bryan Fuller would never allow that to happen. He understands how to adapt things for television, like Hannibal.

Also, Lucifer looks really bad. Sorry for the derail.

I'm ready for Clarke to kill something again tonight.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Canadians are far too nice to be Ice Nation. It's definitely folks from NYC/Jersey.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

He got all those people killed on the Ark by pushing through his agenda but once he found out he was wrong he was completely repentant.

Kane becoming the level headed good leader to Jaha's "gotta get everyone in the Matrix" cult leadership will never cease to be funny to me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

Don't quite understand the hate for Pike.

Someone has to lay the groundwork for Clarke's season three killing spree.

It's going to be amazing when Clarke's next genocide is her own people.

Bellamy's really the only plot line bugging me. I was hoping when Pike was convincing Bells to give them weapons he'd refuse and force Pike to knock him out, but nope Bells is a dum-dum.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Pike isn't awful, his characterization is just rushed.

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, the Pike stuff might have been easier to swallow if he didn't just come out of nowhere as a character nobody ever mentioned before and was all "yes, I am super important and everyone respects me." Especially bad with an anti-authority person like Bellamy.

Basically for this reason. He's been at the Ark like a week and somehow everyone in the Ark is swayed by his appeals for war? I get the farm station being on his side, and even some of the Ark looking for retribution for Mt. Weather, but enough to steal the election from Kane? One episode dedicated to Pike (hell a flashback episode with him on the Ark and on the ground would have been neat) to show how he was a respected member of the Ark Station, and how he managed on the ground would have been worth the time.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

Agree that they should have given Pike more time to develop but then again he is pretty much slated for death.

This is true, Clarke might just execute him next episode to make a point lol.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
"We are finally negotiating a long lasting peace that should hopefully put an end to the pointless bloodshed."
"You just got to our camp so why don't you chill the gently caress out"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

A long lasting peace none of them accept, except Indra.

Yeah its usually a gamble that someone doesn't ignore a treaty. Doesn't mean that Abby and Kane shouldn't have been more proactive about stopping Pike's warmongering.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Azhais posted:

There's literally no reason Pike should have been along at the summit either. Sure, pike probably wanted to go, but much like other noted dangerously unstable guy Jasper, he should be required to stay at home.

Personal theory not based on anything, they let him go hoping he'd die.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My mind is ready to enter the City of Light for an episode.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is that a bad thing? Are we going to count it in the official kill count as well?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

I can't watch the video since I'm at work, but I agree with all of your post except for this part. He acted impulsively on the Ark, almost got Raven got, then was imprisoned. I don't quite consider that a win.

I think he's saying Finn acts on impulse and doesn't care about winning, not that he wins because of his impulsive behavior.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Fair enough, thanks for elaborating.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

hope and vaseline posted:

Did anyone else catch an odd resemblance between Allie and Raven? Not saying there's any kind of potential generational connection there, but there's some physical similarities and then an abrupt contrast between Allie's confidence/poise/strength vs Raven's current emotional and physical rock bottom that she's hit.

Yeah their juxtaposition at the end caught my eye as well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Antifreeze Head posted:

Possibly because the people on The Ark were only 1/12 Americans.

And they still made everyone learn English.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snak posted:

I mean, it does make sense that if you were trying to save the human race with a small population of survivors, that language barriers would result in inefficiencies that you would want to get rid of as early as possible.

It wouldn't be surprising if the first culls of non-english speaking people because they couldn't contribute as much.

#MakeArkadiaGreatAgain

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

I want to find out that after getting the chip, the Commander is constantly surrounded by virtual manifestations of the previous Commanders and they never shut up. Constantly commenting, suggesting, criticizing, complaining and so on.

This is absolutely the direction they should go.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Also it means that Lexa is actually alive.

Alive in the sense of being a digital AI reconstruction of consciousness making it one of those "what counts as life" arguments.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

hollylolly posted:

Clarke left Polis, so you have your wish! Of course, now Murphy is stuck there in the dubious role of "well Titus said he was part of his keeper of the Flame stuff, so he must be important?" I look forward to seeing him BS his way through all of this succession stuff.

When he starts banging the new commander it will be dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Apparently Devon Bostick has been vaguely shade-tweeting (and promptly deleting) mild spoilers about the fact that he is barely in this season.

Looking at his imdb leads me to conclude that he may want to rethink this strategy.

• Locked thread