Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wonder what kind of ratings the show has to do to get a 4th season locked up. I'm scared it's going to be a pretty narrow margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Allowing the missile to hit Ton DC were the only morally questionable killings that Clarke did, and it was more Lexa's doing than hers. The 300 fried grounders were trying to kill them all and Mt Weather loving had it coming.

What I'm trying to say is Clarke did nothing wrong.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

My hope for the story going forward is that Lexa's decision to make peace with the Mountain Men has caused serious dissension within the grounder ranks. Not only did they not get vengeance against the legendarily evil force that had been tormenting them for decades but one of the Sky People was able to almost single handily get it done it herself. That makes Lexa look really weak and foolish. I hope that there are many grounders who have grown to respect Clarke, maybe even revere her, for bringing down the Mountain Men.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There was a grounded in the Dead Zone with an RPG so clearly the Mountain Men's power extended only so far. Or it was a plot hole.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So the City of Light is some Matrix thing?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Basically every single character in the show has lost someone close to them, family a friend a loved one etc. And they're getting along fine. Jasper knew Maya for 3 weeks. Pull yourself together you freak.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mt Weather still has missiles.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Pretty sure there was some drama surrounding his actor and some, uhhh, questionable things he said. No one outright said he was fired, but I'm pretty sure he was straight-up fired.

What happened?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

That's something that irks me about shows and movies about the future. Apparently culture stopped developing the year each particular episode airs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Charlotte throwing herself off the cliff was an easy out, and the show doesn't really do those any more.

No it wasn't. The easy way out, and the standard CW network thing, would have been that Murphy is convinced to stand down and the girl goes on living. I mean, the entire episode was revolving around what way they would pull out of their rear end in order to save this dumb little girl. Turns out there was no way.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Im gonna be straight, Jasper is acting like a little bitch.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spergatory posted:

"Your daughter killed him, too."

Jasper would be right at home in the Ice Nation. :stare: :iceburn:

Abby should have bitch slapped him and asked "would you have rather have him been tortured for 48 hours straight?"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The one two punch of finding out that Abby was the one who betrayed Clarke's father and Wells getting murdered by a 12 year old.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I'll be the first to say it I guess. I haven't really enjoyed the past 2 episodes. Something about the pacing just seems real off to me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I don't think these episodes have moved slow, I think they've moved way too fast.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lexa wouldn't know what the phrase "go float yourself" means Clarke.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What happened over the past 3 months to make Indra so nice?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lol I thought this was a marriage ceremony for a second

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Something fishy is going on here.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah I knew they were being played.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Why are they trying to get the missiles working again?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

RIP red shirt girlfriend

Also the Ice Nation definitely captured that one Mt Weather survivor and got info from him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well I suddenly understand why Pyke is so militantly against the grounders in the season preview trailer. Literally all of Farm Station is now dead.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Called that one

So who were those ambassadors around the Ice Queen? I'm having trouble keeping track of what just happened.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 5, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well this escalated quickly. Feels like there's an episode missing between last week and this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

They need to just keep Jasper locked in a room somewhere.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Maya would have slapped a restraining order on Jasper within a month of dating.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I don't understand what is going on.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What the gently caress was that Geico banner ad?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well nice knowing you for 1 1/10 of an episode Ice Queen.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sorry this is all lazy and rushed writing. This season is not working for me one bit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This is all so forced, so contrived. I'm so disappointed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FELD1 posted:

I don't get why Bellamy would so willingly join an anti-grounder movement when his sister has become something of a grounder-arker hybrid. Seems weird. That said, I'm curious to see how this plays out and I'm glad that the bedroom scene with Clarke and Lexa wasn't too unnecessarily indulgent.

Because we're supposed to accept that because of a 3 month off-screen unexplained relationship with a redshrit girlfriend he's now broken enough to compeltely throw away two seasons of character development. It's bad writing.

It's like the writers bought into their own hype a little too much about how dark and gritty and badass their show was and have abandoned all nuance in order to just continue to push the limits of what they can get away with on the CW.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This show is in danger of approaching Under the Dome level of nonsensical character decisions and plot development. And it's managed to do it in 4 episodes. That's crazy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The sad thing is that there are so many good ideas going on with the story. But it's all being ridiculously rushed. The Ice Queen was introduced and killed in essentially the same episode after being seemingly hyped up to be a real factor. The Clarke poisoning plan was a joke with how fast it came and went. The 13th clan dynamic would have been so cool if it weren't just introduced and undone in ONE EPISODE. And soon they need to drop the whole AI plot nightmare on top of an already existing plot mess.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Duck Rodgers posted:

I'm assuming that the reason Abby wasn't around at the end of the episode is because she is going to warn Clarke and Lexa about pike. I would also assume that Lincoln and Octavia would go warn the army. I can't imagine that everyone would just sit around and let pike carry out his plan.

Do you mind preview spoilers?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I think the main problem is that the writers don't know what they are doing.

They have their own twitter account where they post stuff overheard in the writers room. Some of it is beyond stupid.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sneak Caine and Lincoln out of Arkadia and then kill everyone else. gently caress it who cares at this point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Glad everyone is now suddenly a willing murderer after 3 months of peace with the grounders, during which they built a strong lasting proto-city that is miles better than living on the Ark.

I'm actually mad at this show for becoming so dumb. Feels like Game of Thrones Season 5.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Umm, I see a bit of a snag with this brilliant plan of yours Clarke. Pike doesn't want peace. He intentionally started this war to kill you all. This isn't some 'misunderstanding.' You know this.

• Locked thread