Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I get the bad feeling season 4 is going to be bad. Apart from nuclear power plants not turning into swirling infernos when they melt down, it seems like this is the point where original story has run out and now that the show has been such a hit they have to make up new stuff to extend it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

INH5 posted:

The final scene with Ontari and Murphy is all kinds of uncomfortable. Ontari flat out rapes Murphy, and he seems almost happy about it? And what is with the music? I'm not sure if it was meant to be weird and uncomfortable, or they just didn't realize that they had written a rape scene.

He likes the one woman so he feels an obligation to be monogamous but he doesn't find Ontari unattractive. I don't think I'm reaching when I say most guys wouldn't mind being "forced" to have sex with a hot, dominant woman.

There's a difference between getting jumped in an alley and forced to have sex with someone you don't know and having someone seductively pull you into their bed because they saw you checking them out naked.

Please don't derail this into rape discussion, tia

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

that one guy posted:

You just made it a rape discussion.

Ontari made a sexual advance, Murphy turned her down, she explicitly threatened him with death, he gave in. She's not just a "hot, dominant" woman "forcing" him to have sex. This is a brutal warrior society, she's in charge of it, and she herself has killed many people. She threatened him with death. She didn't just "seductively pull him into her bed." The fact that she's hot and did it in a sexy voice doesn't change the nature of what it was.
I think because what happened to Murphy is in some ways reflective of a fantasy some men have (see I Own Soulz response and many others when this first aired) have they did not realize what they were making. I'd bet the writers thought of it as a sexy scene, not a rape scene. And many viewers agree.

:chloe:

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

My favourite argument judo move is to start laying down opinions and declarative statements about a sensitive topic and then finishing with "don't make this a discussion" so that nobody else can disagree with you

I didn't want the thread to derail into that lovely territory. I gave my view on why I didn't think it was what was claimed. If they don't agree, fine. I'm not about to discuss it any further because that's a can of worms I don't care enough about to open.

Plus I find most people here, myself included, have a set idea on a particular subject and no amount of arguing ever changes their mind. So, what's the point?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

I just binged season 4 yesterday. And I'm seeing surprisingly little speculation on where this random nightblood child came from.

Could she be Clarke's kid? Maybe she was a few months preggo from her brief moment with Bellamy in season 2 (I don't know time spans on this show. Seems like not too long ago) and wasn't showing when the nuke wave occurred. Now 6 years later she has this nearly 6 year old kid.

Unless she immediately started wandering the landscape after the wave and finds this baby in a cave surrounded by her dead parents.

Or it's a Becca clone she found in some cryo tube.

• Locked thread