Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rewatching the first season and right from the beginning every time they mention Finn and his spacewalk he has this distant glance which tells you he didn't do it, and Raven even drops hints from her appearance onwards. Thought that was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Pike will run for Chancellor and win, but Abby and Kane will oppose him as a joint Chancellor. Probably by the end of the season they do away with any single leader and Bellamy gets a seat at the leadership table after Clarke turns it down.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

That tower is coming down before the end of the season. I'd bet on it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Continuing my re-watch between episodes and I appreciate that the Ice Nation are mentioned in season two. Their queen is the one who captured Lexa's old lover and killed her, making Lexa the stone cold strategist she is today. I wouldn't be surprised though if the old lover is still alive and a captive, as bait for a triangle/betrayal.

Also, when Tondc is bombed the Ice Nation representative is the same one from this most recent episode.

The only thing I don't like about Lexa is she's been all tell and no show. The show gives a few too many of the badass moments in their interactions to Clarke, so she comes across kind of whimpy. For example, when running from the mutant gorilla, it's Lexa who lands badly and then whines about it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Lycus posted:

It's not like you have to be the best fighter (probably Prince Roan) or the most devious strategist (probably Queen Nia) to be Commander. It's some reincarnation bullshit. Maybe the Ice Nation has the right idea.

I think there's an interesting side to Lexa's character there - she's an awful fighter who was chosen as Commander for some hokey reason, and has been doing her best to be forward thinking and make real progress but is insecure about her physical strength. Would even add a more personal shade to why she fled the Mt. Weather battle.

In that way, the trader girl Clarke slept with this season would've been Lexa is not for the luck, bad or good, of being chosen as the Commander.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ya it feels oddly racist too. she stops liking lincoln because he's giving up his grounder ways to live with "them"

Yeah, Octavia spent the first 16 years of her life knowing only two people and o e of them was executed. Then she spent a year or two in the Skybox barely interacting with anyone until she was dropped to the ground to die. Now the people who killed her mother and whose rules forced her to live under the floor and go to jail are in charge.

Meanwhile a culture that values a person based on strength and character is very appealing to her. Indra, in her own way, has shown more faith and affection for Octavia than anyone other than Bellamy and her mother. And even her mother didn't seem that loving.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'm wondering if anyone else could've filled in the Pike role. Maybe Monty's mom would've been a better choice so we had some basic connection to them?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

But he's great as Lincoln?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'm wondering if the 13th station is still out there. It seems like a nice set up for some future story.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Pretty sure Finn talks about it blowing up when they celebrate Unification Day on the ground?

It was supposedly destroyed in a nuclear strike by one of the other 12 and the event was what sparked Unification.

But it could've just gone dark and spooked the other 12 for all we know.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Troposphere posted:

do you seriously not understand why a lesbian would not identify with a character that has sex with men?

Well how did you manage to stretch to identify with a lesbian who commands a nation and is a brutal killer? Is that more relateable to you?

What a weird wavy margin.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Troposphere posted:

do you want me to write a fix it fanfiction because that's not really my thing but I assure you there are plenty being written or you're that interested

Do you think her death was thematically appropriate, pushed the characters around her forward organically and added to the ongoing narrative? Does any of that even concern you?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

esperterra posted:

How did he lead people on, though? I don't follow twitter or whatever but from what I know he's been very open the whole time in interviews/etc about our time with Lexa being limited due to FTWD.

Genuinely curious.

He didn't lead anyone on.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I fell bad for the show runner, he's twitter is nothing but nutters being bullies over this and Emma Caulfield desperately petitioning him for a job. Both of which are deeply embarrassing for the people involved, but must be painful to read.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

esperterra posted:

Emma seemed super excited during her like five seconds of screentime on Once last Sunday.

Poor girl. She's too cute and funny to not have steady work.

I'd be fine with her showing up on this show, she's cool, I just find it depressing that she tweets the show runner several times a week despite not knowing him to proclaim how big of a fan she is.

She does deserve better.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Yeah, I can see a version of this were it's Monty and his mum filling in the Bellamy and Gina roles with Bellamy being given the Marcus rebellion leadership role instead.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

n3wt posted:

Yeah I can see that working with Monty too.
You can totally keep a show fast paced without sacrificing organic character growth.
They can throw new stuff in so long as we get a little exposition but Arcadia succumbing to anti-grounder fever seemed like an overnight switch after Kane and Clarke had done all that goodwill building because farm station folks were given so little background and Pike has never been shown as anything but an angry stranger. The way their history on earth wasn't revealed but sort of teased had me thinking there was some sort of nasty secret like they ate Monty's dad during a siege or something!

I'm fairly sure Pike had him executed for not falling in line and Monty's mum is culpable.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

This is a really good video, it's the shame the guy has done nothing else like it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

raditts posted:

I still don't understand how chipped people got on the rig in the first place.

It was the same group that brought our team onboard. They went back out to do a supply run or whatever and Allie/some chipped people were waiting for them. Allie knew about them because there had been a drone watching on the shoreline as Clarke and Co were drugged and taken to the rig.

They explain all of that in the episode.

Also, I think people are looking at Jasper's view point wrongly. He didn't take the chip to forget his pain, but rather he took it as a sacrifice to save the Rig and because he believed that death followed the 100 wherever they went. He was probably horrified with what Allie made him do to his friends outside of Clarke but still fundamentally believes that the 100 have been toxic.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Batham posted:

It also doesn't help that Octavia gets her rear end kicked almost every fight she gets in. And it's usually not a even a close call, she loses by a landslide.

The show has this problem with all its badass fighters.

I would've preferred it if Octavia had fought alongside Pike until the end, and had been the one to save him rather than the opposite only to execute him when the fight was over.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

I wonder if the need for sea travel will be a way to bring Luna back into the show next season.

I'm fairy sure Octavia, Jasper and one or two others will be living with her next year.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I feel like they did a good job of making it clear that actually, while Maya was the main focus of his grief the trauma came much more from seeing all of the Mountain Men die, their civilisation, their kids, etc.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Combat Pretzel posted:

Now that you spell it that way, I finally understand where the hell that Tond-C came from. :doh:

--edit:

Can't wait to see them explain how all nuclear power plants on earth decided to throw a party after 97 years of idling happily ever after.

It's already been leaked that it's Alie's last gently caress you for scuppering her plans. They have been filming back at her mansion for Season Four.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Vermain posted:

As an aside: Harper is loving ripped. She looks like she could punch a house in half!

Yeah, the actress has a great Twitter account. She's a fitness nut and trains with the same guy who trains the guys to bulk up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, and I believe Wells actually lasts the entire series in the books, rather than dying in episode three or so. I reckon there was more they could have done with Wells. I think there was a lot more they could have done with that villainous rival chancellor from season one as well; I was surprised at how abrupt that seemed and kept expecting her to show up (maybe on a life-glug or something) in season two.

They wanted her to come back for the Pike role but she wasn't available.

• Locked thread