Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm trying to figure out what I'm most excited to see and:

All of it, I want all of it. Put it in my eyes and ears right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Boogaleeboo posted:

it'd take something pretty cataclysmic to ever get help from them again.

An AI with a nuke seems like it might count?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
In a shocking twist, Clarke's only casualty will be...her mom.

Edit: only counting death by her hand or orders. Lots of peeps gonna die this season.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Snak posted:

You can learn the grounder language.

Gunekru represent

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

WarLocke posted:

In that whole ridiculous episode the thing that made me stop and say 'what' was the fact that Grounder Captain Vane hung around outside the trading post for hours, probably listening to Clarke getting her groove on, just waiting for her to leave so he could capture her (instead of going in and getting her).

It makes a certain amount of sense.
If he goes in direct he either kills the innocent grounder lady or leaves a witness.
Everybody is looking for Clarke so not having any witnesses when he captures her makes strategic sense.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Disconnecticus posted:

So, wait. Where did the nicely graded road come from?

The AI did it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Duck Rodgers posted:

So are they done with the Watership Down plot or is the A.I. the house cat that attacks Hazel?

Does that make Clarke Fiver?
Badass.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

sbaldrick posted:

Good for the Violent Femmes for still being popular enough for everyone to rock out too 150 plus years in the future.

If captain kirk is allowed to get down to the beastie boys, I'm all aboard violent femmes being future-cool

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's something that irks me about shows and movies about the future. Apparently culture stopped developing the year each particular episode airs.

I'm ok with it because it is far better than what some (old) sound designer imagines will be cool in the future. It's a cultural shorthand for 'this person is cool and likes cool things, please add this to your suspension of disbelief kthnx'.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Astroman posted:

I have no problem with it even as what they were actually listening to because it lends to the feeling that culture pretty much froze at the apocalypse.

Sure. But their apocalypse is still 100+ years in "our" future.
I don't see too many people rocking out to 1916's greatest hits.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Lycus posted:

They said he was a teacher. Clarke and Bellamy were two of his students.

He taught Earth Skills.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Snak posted:

So he's like the Ark version of a nutty arfcom doomsday prepper.

Y'know, that makes too much sense.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'll be the first to say it I guess. I haven't really enjoyed the past 2 episodes. Something about the pacing just seems real off to me.

You're not wrong, but I think it's a really common thing where the first eps of a season can seem slow because they have to build momentum and move the pieces around the board a bit for everything to start really kicking off.

Season 2 had this issue, and I can name a whole ton of other shows that do this too.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't think these episodes have moved slow, I think they've moved way too fast.

Well, my point still stands, they're in the setting up stage.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I even think, when it comes down to it, Kane is the only truly good character in this show. Yeah he did hosed up poo poo on the Ark, but it was a hosed up survival situation.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

muscles like this? posted:

He got all those people killed on the Ark by pushing through his agenda but once he found out he was wrong he was completely repentant.

Exactly my point. Compared to situations others were put in, Kane was desperate between 'bad thing' and 'worse thing' if there had been any option at all (that he knew about) he absolutely wouldn't have spaced those folks.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

etalian posted:

she's the worf of the show

Don't tell the writers that, or she'll start getting clowned on left and right to show how powerful the bad guys are.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The show is young. We didn't hit peak 'Worf is a punk' til season 4 or 5 of TNG.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

Ones got 4 arches, t'others got 3. They are right next to each other.

Geography wise, he either landed in Brooklyn, or the East Village.

East village would be funnier.
Insert 'fashion hasn't changed much in 100+ years' joke

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I said 100+:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Boogaleeboo posted:

There's like a 0% chance that chip doesn't end up in Clarke at some point.

Clarke vs Jaha
Neo vs Smith

Let's do this.

• Locked thread