Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I just want to see Clarke kill more people and kiss more girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Snak posted:

I'm reasonably confident that we will see a huge spike in Octavia's kill-count this season.

In the pantheon being set up here, Clarke represents Healing and Justice, Raven represents Knowledge and Invention, while Octavia is Courage and War. Clarke's body count is high because she makes plans and gives order that have ended lots of lives, but Octavia spent the entire last season literally transforming herself in to a warrior. Soon she'll be leading her own fighting force of battle-hardened grounders and it's gonna be loving epic.

Also, it's hard not to draw some parallels between Clarke and Odin. Who famously has two Ravens, his "thought and his mind", who search the world for knowledge/information and deliver it to him.
On the one hand yes, but on the other Clarke has killed literally a hundred times as many people as Octavia so there's a lot of catchup to be done.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Eh, there's not a huge difference between rad-flooding Mount Weather and shooting someone imo, and even on that front I think Clarke's still in the lead.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Allowing the missile to hit Ton DC were the only morally questionable killings that Clarke did, and it was more Lexa's doing than hers. The 300 fried grounders were trying to kill them all and Mt Weather loving had it coming.

What I'm trying to say is Clarke did nothing wrong.

Oh entirely agreed here, but then again I never met a fictional dictator I didn't love so I'm biased.

Seriously my favourite character in the new Star Wars was General Hux.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

On a related note, I also just realized literally last week that Tondc was literally Washington D.C.

I am not an observant woman.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I'm gunna go for a solid 300 wrt Clarke's body count, because while it's definitely gunna be toned down this season apparently a war's going to happen and that's going to mean more mass murder tough choices.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

raditts posted:

I finally caught up with this show after being convinced by Couch Chat to come back to it after the shittastic 6-7 episodes at the beginning of season 1. It's crazy how this is like a completely different show now. I still have some issues with some of the plotting and how characters have borderline-schizophrenic personality changes and how Clarke has sustained so many knockout head injuries at this point that she should be a drooling vegetable, but this show is pulpy enough and doesn't take itself so seriously that you can't just go along with it.

I hope season 3 is the season of Miller, the best character and the 100's very own Roy. It's always the right time for Miller Time.

Yeah but she's mostly too much of a coward to look her victims in the eyes when she kills them. 99% of her kills are from either pushing a button or doing nothing when someone else pushed a button, and then she goes off looking all distant and blubbering about ~*~her burden to bear~*~. The true badasses are Octavia and Jasper.

Just wait until you figure out why Lexa, Costia, and Lincoln are named as they are!

Lexa (Hamilton) and (Abraham) Lincoln I get. Costia I don't though!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Well I said I wanted to see Clarke kill more people and kiss more women, I'm happy with this pilot. Panthers count, as do fluffy bunnies.

also jasper is a poo poo

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

KTS posted:

Just finished binge watching the first 2 seasons on Netflix of this about a week ago, was happy to see the S3 premiere so close. I liked the casual mention of Miller being gay in the episode, just drop that in there after 2 seasons. Premier was a nice setup with Clarke being badass and crazy Jaha's adventures.

I also want to say I totally called Miller being gay while watching the episode literally 30 seconds before they mentioned his boyfriend.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Yeah Wick was cool :(

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Oh gently caress me I just realized Clarke is literally slaying pussy.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

So I'm praising this show high and low to all my friends, and I got to thinking how it really is unfortunate how much better season 2 is compared to season 1. What I really wonder is how much of season 1 can reasonably be skipped in order to get to the good parts. Not much I think?

Even that godawful pilot.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Good God I love this show.

gently caress Clexa though I'm shipping ClarkexTrader Girl.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I thought for sure he was executed for disobeying Pike or something like that

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

You're dead to me.

Hey at least it's not BellamyxClarke. Clexa is a solid second place option!

And on second thought just think of the amazing hatesex that'd result.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

you know pike's right that they have to prove that skicrew isn't just collateral damage.

The problem is that they're attacking the wrong grounder clan.

otoh trop is right that this will lead to more Clexa action so I'm a - okay with that.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Man it really does not feel like Debnam-Carey is guest starring. Even in season 2 she practically felt like a main character.

Still can't believe she's only been in 12 episodes technically.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Forget it trop, it's tumblr.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

It's not like abby and kane made better decisions in season 2 either guys

see literally everything wrt finn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRaT_DyI_x0

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Seriously. The massacre seems like it should have been the climax to a mid-season finale, not the 3rd and 4th episodes.

Gotta agree with this. seems like they wrote themselves into a corner. The only option forwards is assassinating Pike as far as I can see.

Shame that they made him comically villainous. Buddy's got a point about Trikru.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm wondering if the 13th station is still out there. It seems like a nice set up for some future story.

It would be, but there's not been nearly enough emphasis on it so far outside of a few references.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

hollylolly posted:

:siren: S3 E6 Bitter Harvest :siren:

Clarke is torn between mercy and vengeance; Kane and Octavia work together in hopes of averting a disaster; Abby worries about Raven.

kill 'em all, Clarke!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

man I really wish trop was off probation

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

also pike is right, Arkadia's survival depended upon Lexa's benevolence, and they can't rely on that anymore. It must become a power in its own right.

Buuuuut needless antagonism won't help anyone. Securing long term agriculture and expanding territory is essential, wiping out the peacekeeping army was not.

Funnily enough, if they attacked now in the wake of Lexa's death, it'd actually have been justifiable.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Bury your gays is a really lovely trope and I hoped that the 100 would have been above it.

If nothing else at least don't make it a scene for scene copy of buffy

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Also you guys seemed to have missed the memo that it doesn't matter if tropes are individually justified in a work or not, the problem is they happen on such a wide scale

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

zoux posted:

Yeah killing her would have been gay burying.

Are there instances of lgbt character death that people could agree was not problematic? Because if Lexa's death ain't it, how else can you do it without saying, ok nothing bad can happen to gay characters?

Lexa's death isn't problematic if you're only considering the context of the show and nothing else(though the fact it happened 1 scene after sex is kinda gross). It becomes problematic in the context of lesbians getting killed off all the time.

Like, as far as deaths go, this one was foreshadowed and justified and wasn't fridging at all. It becomes a problem once you take a wider look at lesbian characters being buried all over the drat place across in other shows and movies.

There's nothing the 100 could have done better outside of not killing Lexa off 1 scene after sex. It is, however, undeniably disappointing considering the fact that the vast majority of major lesbian characters will end up being killed off one way or another, justified or not.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Dalael posted:

Have you noticed how in most shows, there's a vast majority of white heterosexual male getting killed off?
Where's the uproar about that, I ask you!

:laffo: is this even a real post

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I am also curious, do LGBT fans get angry when the actor/actress playing the gay character is not gay in real life?

Oh jesus christ

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

it's kinda telling how literally all the people screaming "look at the crazy lesbians!" are (presumably) straight men

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

On a completely unrelated note, since when has the 100 been available on netflix?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Dalael posted:

Think of it this way. A small group of muslims blew up the world trade centre, and the US invaded two unrelated countries. It doesn't have to make sense. people are hosed up. people who are afraid do not make logical decisions.

That's what's happening in the 100. It doesn't matter if a specific group of grounders were responsible. Its simply too easy to make a blanket statement like, "All grounders are bad, loook what they did!" the same way that its easy to say, "All muslims are bad, look what they did"

The 100 is very realistic the way it portrays people behaviours as a group.

oh my god shut up already this has nothing to do with anything

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Dalael posted:

Its actually quite relevant. While Clarke, Kane, Abby and a few others are able to make a distinction between grounder clans, I doubt very much that most Arkers came make the difference. To them, a grounder is a grounder is a grounder. Especially to Pike, clans are irrelevent.

For most of Arkadia, grounders is a blanket statement.

The difference, of course, to arkadia a grounder is a grounder is a grounder. The entirety of their experience with grounders has been Lincoln. On the other hand, Trikru abandoned them to die at Mt Weather, the Ice Queen blew up Mt Weather after Arkadia settled it, Lexa failed to extradite the Ice Queen to Arkadia to face trial and judgement, and of course Trikru slaughtered dozens of children back in season one, which included the use of biological warfare. Every single grounder that we've seen that isn't Lexa wants to see Skykru dead. Literally every one now that Lexa is dead!

You're right that grounders is a blanket statement to Arkadia. That's because, frankly, grounds as a blanket statement is an accurate statement as well.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Dalael posted:

Again, you're doing a blanket statement about the grounders. Have you seen all the grounders? Did they all affirm their intentions to kill Skykru? You're talking about a whole lot of people who apparently all share the same ideal. Killing every member of skykru.
You also forget that justice was carried out on the Ice Queen. Lexa was bringing them the queen's body when she stumbled upon the dead grounder army. You know the one where another somewhat friendly grounder was almost killed? An army that was there with order to defend skykru from Ice Nation. Who had placed its sentries in a position to guard against an attack from the north and not the direction of Arkadia?

See what I'm saying? Blanket statements about an entire nation.

Every grounder we've seen on the show that has expressed an opinion on Skykru isn't Lexa, Lincoln, or that one trader girl has been opposed to Skykru and wanted to see them dead.

The army in question that was attacked would have been used to wipe trikru out if the Ice Queen had succeeded in killing Lexa. No nation would tolerate a potentially hostile army on their doorstep when they had the power if it had the power to ensure otherwise.

the Ice Queen was brought to justice, but justice at the hands of the grounders, not Arkadia. The arkers turned Finn over to face justice at the hands of the grounders, yet when Arkadia is attacked and many of their own murdered, they just have to sit back and trust that Lexa will take care of everything?

I think not. Pike's right. Pike has always been right.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Oh no, they killed a character who has outlived pretty much everybody anybody of their significance in that series... Let's ignore the fact the show also features a gay male couple, which is way less represented in media because we don't actually give a poo poo about things unless they hurt MAAAH FEELINGS because we are autistic.

congrats on missing the point entirely you big goddamn goon

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

Write no more gay characters problem solved. No but seriously I read some of those tweets in those links about TWD and people literally expect gay characters to not die. Like that's a really character restriction to write to.

then you're an idiot, because that's not what people are saying.

If there were a proportional amount of LGBT characters in TV shows then killing them off wouldn't be a problem. There are not only not a proportional amount of LGBT characters in media, especially wrt lesbians, but we get killed off at significantly higher rates.

Basically what I'm saying is that we're criticizing "the black dude dies first" and y'all are bitching about it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I fully expect Luna to give Clark an answer that allows her to get nightblood (conversion must be possible to start the bloodline) and Clark will become the new commander.

Commander of nothing, by the way, since all of polis and beyond is enslaved by Allie

Yeah this is my bet.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

actually stupid question, what happened to monty, raven, and the b team again because i legit can't remember

esperterra posted:

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they use that as a means for the nanomachines to have spread to Clarke tbh. We know she ends up in CoL, so it's just a matter of how. Personally I think she takes the 1.0 key. But I'm not writing off the possibility she takes the flame somehow.
well that or she seduces luna, which is what i hope for personally

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

if clarke kisses a boy i'm going to be pretty disappointed

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Blood doesn't work that way. Like what?

they're vampire mormons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is just me or 3rd season is significantly worst than the first two?

it's not just you.

season 2 was fantastic, but season 3 took one hell of a nosedive in literally every respect

• Locked thread