Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

Snak posted:

these are all children whose only experience with consequences for breaking the law was a slap on the wrist

I would not personally call "thrown in solitary for X years, where X is 18 - their age, then probably executed" a slap on the wrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

Am I just misremembering grounder leaders openly challenging her position before Ton-DC?

They might have been leaders or representatives of other clans. As far as I can tell, Lexa was only "called" to be the leader of the TriKru and just happened to be badass enough to unite 11 other clans of grounders together. The other clan leaders might have their own rules of succession; the Ice Nation at least has/had a Queen which implies some kind of inherited position.

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012
Clarke's utter lack of hesitation to euthanize the guy that got caught in the fog earlier that episode got me thinking that maybe the show wouldn't be terrible, and then the whole Charlotte/Wells thing cemented it.

• Locked thread