Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Suddenly I fear for an "I crossed Ghengis Clarke" with Charles Vane's head on a spike in the future :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I bet there's a cave full of albino mole people somewhere.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the politics of this show and the more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense.

The Ice Nation are meanies and everyone is teaming up to fight them in a coalition. Vane is banished from the Ice Kingdom which is why he's a forest pirate and not an Ice Kingdom prince.

The Ice Nation are the baddies this year.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

There's none so zealous as a convert. It's super common and not weird at all.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

That has to be foreshadowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

raditts posted:

I'd also think that with that many people surviving the bombings you'd have a significant number of people familiar with technology and architecture and things wouldn't revert to stone age tribal society, but once again there's that tenuous relationship between The 100 and realism.

There were a bunch of science guys living in a big mountain last season and there's also some people living in The Matrix who probably socially engineered the grounders to be savages.

I think I just realised that this show is Zardoz.

• Locked thread