Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
For the OP: A nice gif of Jasper loving murdering some dude in cold blood. Couldn't find a larger one but I feel it gets the point across. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Reminder that this scene was hard-loving-core:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs__QQc2rr4

Most shows that have two pretty ladies fight, it might be kinda sexual, their clothes would get strategically ripped, their makeup would stay perfect, etc. But The 100? No. They are CAKED in mud and dirt, blood running down ears and into their hair, into their TEETH as they brain each other with rocks, stab at each other and headbutt and just...drat. Even when Clarke gets the advantage and just rains punches down on the side of her head and they both just look super hosed up. It's properly brutal.

Just as a reminder: they're fighting in a mass grounder graveyard here. A graveyard that Clarke made. She beats Anya by basically rubbing her face in the ashes and bones of her dead warriors. :black101:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Jasper is a drunk rear end in a top hat and Octavia is a legit warrior princess with a horse and everything, this is so great. :allears:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Jasper's not Murphy. Murphy wants to stay alive. Jasper, uhhh, well...

Jasper thinks the prospect of being murdered in front of his former friends is hilarious.

Murphy doesn't have any friends. :smith:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Let's be real, Clarke deserves a good lay after all the poo poo last season put her through.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'd say Clarke takes the prize for Worst Handling of Trauma at the moment. I mean, getting drunk every night? Doing stupid poo poo that might get you killed? Tackling Canadian Pop Stars? Those are all things that even normal people do. Dying your hair red and going off to kill panthers in the wilderness? That's pretty much exclusively done by crazies.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Jasper and Monty are my favorite characters, and I've gotta say I'm pretty thrilled with the directions they're going in. Monty wearing body armor and carrying a gun and being Bellamy's backup? gently caress yes. And from the previews, I'm pretty sure he's going to be forced to shoot someone pretty soon! Someone he apparently doesn't want to shoot! Reluctant Murderer Monty is my favorite Monty. :allears:

And Jasper... well, Jasper as a drunken death-seeking laughing lunatic rear end in a top hat is surprisingly entertaining. I was worried there would be no texture to his angst, but he still has his moments, like that little singalong. And even his dickery seems weirdly funny and appropriate for his character. It helps that even while he's being a dick, he's not actually rebelling against the sky people or anything. He's still basically on their side, he's just kind of cheezed about it. Which is understandable. I mean, he did just witness his best friends murder his girlfriend and her entire civilization, and then he got to spend three months watching the rest of his people thoughtlessly gorging themselves on that civilization's corpse.

People have started drinking for less.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Yeah Wick was cool :(

Pretty sure there was some drama surrounding his actor and some, uhhh, questionable things he said. No one outright said he was fired, but I'm pretty sure he was straight-up fired.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

VagueRant posted:

.Also feel like you guys need to remember that Jasper is a teenager, Maya was almost certainly his first love and that she was loving adorable and super nice and you all are terrible people for not being sadder when she died. Especially when she died (arguably unnecessarily) at the hands of someone Jasper was spent the entirety of last season counting on, as a friend. :smith:

She died in a pretty awful way, too. I mean, there's no good death, but some are definitely less bad than others, and melting has to rank pretty highly on the bad list. In his arms, too. I'm surprised he didn't have to change shirts before he left Mount Weather, because "uhh, dude, you've got some... you've got a little... uhhh, Maya, on you." :stare:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So I just realized, both Jasper and Raven have lost a significant other to the Swirling, All-Devouring Vortex of Death that is Clarke Griffin.

That's a solid foundation to build a relationship on, right? :dance:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Maybe they'll be nice and put him on a bus.

Oh, who am I kidding? There are no buses in the post-apocalyptic future. :smith:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
"Your daughter killed him, too."

Jasper would be right at home in the Ice Nation. :stare: :iceburn:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Who the gently caress let Jasper tag along!? WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It's okay, the City of Light backs up all its user info! :)

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Well, the Clexa reunion went pretty well, all things considered! Clarke did not actually disembowel Lexa (only because she couldn't, but still). Things could have gone worse! There is hope for their future! :downs:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Was that tower supposed to be recognizable?

I think it's just supposed to look cool, though it is in the S3 promo poster I think.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Personally, I only ship couples whose names combine to form real words. Craven, Clasper, Minty, Memory, and Aha! for life. :colbert: Bellamy's name sadly just doesn't fit with anyone, so I only ship Bellamy/Friendzone, or Bellendzone for short.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Murphy and clawhand girl

Maw

Claw hand girl is named Emory. Already covered.

Also, to the other poster: it's spelled "Baja." :smug:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It's Murphy. It's what he does. :shrug:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I loving love. this. show.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Man, it's weird to see Indra happy. She's really warmed up to Skaikru. :unsmith:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Well, it's official. Every single person in the Ice Nation is an rear end in a top hat.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
One good extermination deserves another, I guess. Cage Wallace's ghost just flipped Skaikru the bird with his one good hand.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Haha, funny you guys should mention retreating to the City of Light, because (:siren:finale spoilers ahead!:siren:) based on leaked photos from the finale, Clarke is headed there. You Are Not Safe. She's going to invade future heaven and kill everyone, including the dead people (again!), and then probably destroy the afterlife and kill God (or ALIE, same diff). The people of the world shall worship only Wanheda! What's a Commander to a Death Goddess!?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
They were probably off telling all their grounder buddies about all the cool poo poo in Mount Weather they can't wait to share with everyone, and how much better all their lives will soon be because of it.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Dalael posted:

Yes. one of the Mt Weather guy had been inoculated and when everyone got killed, he ran out into the forest.

He even has a name: Carl Emerson. He's the guy the Arkers captured, the one Clarke sent home after loving up his oxygen supply.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I am guessing Lexa is not long for this earth. This is the episode that got the most "Game of Thrones" comparisons in early previews, and we all know what Game of Thrones is famous for. :black101:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Troposphere posted:

oh shut the gently caress up jasper your bullshit is so tedious

gently caress off. Jasper isn't actually doing anything. The only reason he is even an issue is because Monty keeps following him around and making him do poo poo. If it were up to Jasper, I'm pretty sure he'd be content to quietly drink himself to death.

If we could've had weiners on the CW, we would've had them by now.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
And now Pike and Bellamy are going to gently caress everything up.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Bellamy wasn't around for the grounder lovefest in Season 2. He was with the Skaikru-Grounder Coalition for like one day before Clarke sent him off on his spy mission (where he was subsequently betrayed by his Grounder Bro, though Lincoln had more reason than most). The next he heard of the Great Grounder Alliance, they hosed off and left them to die, and a genocide happened. Not saying he's particularly justified in his current course of action, just pointing out that literally every single time Bellamy Blake has trusted a Grounder, it has ended badly for him. And basically everyone else.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
No need to trade Pike for Jaha. I'm pretty sure we're going to get more of both than we could have ever wanted.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

Fair point, but still doesn't work out in light of his decision to completely and unequivocally trust a random grounder girl he knew for all of a day (and who hosed off and left him to die at Mount Weather right alongside Lexa)

The gist of that post was that Echo was probably the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of Bellamy trusting Grounders on basically anything.

They still could've done it better though. I mean, come on. Why invent a character to be his girlfriend just to kill her off? They could've used someone we already knew. Hell, it didn't even have to be his girlfriend. We all know Bellamy's got a huge big brother complex: just show him being a good big brother figure to Harper or Monroe, have them be his little protege now that Octavia spends most of her time being a warrior princess. Put them in the mountain and have THEM be the ones who die a semi-badass death bleeding out and still trying to save everyone. It would mean so much more, and it would make so much more sense for both the audience and Bellamy to be really torn up about it. We don't know Harper or Monroe that well, but at least we loving know them.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I've forgiven worse gently caress-ups on worse shows, but I hope this doesn't become a trend. The 100 is great with redemption arcs, so it's kind of baffling why it sucks so much at going the other way.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Troposphere posted:

what did alie say to Raven at the end my sound cut out

"Time to get back to work, Raven." :getin:

Clarke is totally pussy-whipping Lexa to save her people. I approve. Though this is probably not going to end well for Lexa. Like there is absolutely no way. I can totally see why Lexa would think it's a good idea (because Clarke is dangling the unspoken promise of cooch above her head) but absolutely no other grounder is going to go for this. Lexa's gonna die or get deposed for sure now.

Next week, everyone's favorite drug dealer Jaha spreads his combination super-opiate/alternate reality game to the good bad people of Arkadia!

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 19, 2016

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
At least they committed to Bellamy being a giant jerk. Honestly, I would've been more annoyed if they'd immediately walked him back.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Somebody brought up something I hadn't thought of before, which is that potential mass casualties might be factoring into Lexa's decision not to pursue all out war. She and Indra were having a conversation about possibly not being able to overcome the Sky People's guns just before Clarke came back. Hopefully they'll make that more explicit next episode.

EDIT: Also, as a side note, what's with all the shirtless Murphy all of a sudden? I mean, I get that it's a CW show and Boys Will Be Naked, but this isn't like a Bellamy or Lincoln situation where there is a precedent for stripping. Murphy didn't take his clothes off once in the first two seasons and now he's getting naked in like every episode. He's not even that jacked. :colbert: I mean, he's not bad, but when you're on a show with loving Ricky Whittle and his ridiculous eight-pack abs and biceps the size of a child's entire head, it's hard to compete.

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 19, 2016

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Considering that he threw them in jail for drug possession, I wonder how Jasper and Monty will react to learning that Jaha has become the local weed man.

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 20, 2016

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Today, on 'things I can't believe I didn't notice sooner'; I always figured they were smashing the zeroes together in the logo because it looks cool--which, you know, it does-- but as it turns out, there might be more to it. When you smoosh two zeroes together, it just so happens to form a certain sacred symbol...

ALIE has been with us from the very beginning. :tinfoil:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
After that "May you live forever," I think they should kick Roan out and just crown Clarke as queen of the Ice Nation. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Man, Ricky Whittle isn't even trying to hide the fact that Lincoln gets killed off. Check his Twitter if you want to see. I'd link it but apparently that automatically embeds the tweet and spoilers tags don't work on it or something.

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 29, 2016

• Locked thread