Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

There's just not enough love for Pike in this thread. Pike is gonna kill so many grounders. Pike for Chancellor!

Clarke was just a pretender to the skull throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Finally, a Chancellor with good ideas and the courage to see them through. The man the Arkers needed and the one they deserve.

Pike does nothing wrong.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pike has the right of it. Kill three hundred with ten, then gently caress up the next army as well with thousands of bullets. Then a truce, maybe.

Without fear there is no respect on this new Earth.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Boogaleeboo posted:

A reminder that Mt Weather used missile strikes, death fog, drug crazed cannibals, and random mass kidnappings [That when uncovered turned out to be because they were literally blood sucking vampires living in a loving crypt]. Pike is wildly mistaken if he thinks the Grounders are going to be afraid of guns.

They had less guns and people than Arkadia. The grounder counter was a 'shield wall' that got lit the gently caress up and collapsed after maybe ten feet. Pike is right, you send two messages. One, that you're not to be hosed with. Two, questioning lesson one is loving stupid. Then you talk, on your terms.

Indra and Lexa talk quite openly how they're terrified of guns and don't have a counter.

quote:

Great idea, until you realize that bullets are not a renewable resource.

They kinda are.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They would definitely lose if it came to it.

Arkadian Grunt: "Reich Chancellor Pike, the enemy are at our thirty foot high gates and they have brought sticks! STICKS!!'

Pike: "How could I have been so wrong... lay down your guns and drop all that homemade napalm into the pit toilet, we are done for!"

The last time the grounders sent an army at the Arkadians they got massacred by children, dude. Pike has this on lockdown.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

It's a fortified position at the top of a hill with no cover leading up to it. The 'enemy', and I use that term loosely as they're more or less target practice, think attaching a stabby bit to the end of your stick is the height of technology. Rorke's Drift 2150, but with automatic weapons this time.

Those fifteen square kilometers of land are gonna be well fertilized after the battle.

I think it'd be fitting if Pike stepped down afterwards, in Cincinnatus style, knowing the work he had to accomplish was now done.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Weak rear end grounder fetish bullshit.

Your waifu gonna get wrecked, sorry dude.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

It's also pretty obvious that the current grounder leadership is on borrowed time. There's not much point to being Lexa's 13th Concubine de Hemoglobine when there's a new 'Nightblood' in the Ice Nation just itching slit Roan throat in his sleep and take over. The other tribes didn't even hesitate when genociding Arkadia was put to a vote.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pike fought a guerilla campaign for a year against the Ice Nation, that tribe all the other grounders fear. He lost some women and kids.

We'll be back to that patented Pike grounder-killing perfection right after he puts a bullet in Kane's head. Blood may not demand blood anymore, but treason does.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

thrakkorzog posted:

Fair points.

But Bellamy really hadn't expressed much anti-grounder sentiment this season, and seemed to be at least OK with his sister dating Lincoln, and tried to help Lincoln when he could. Right up to the point where he decided to go kill 300 grounders. There wasn't any real build up to Bellamy being so anti-grounder that he's willing to commit war crimes against them.

There was that bit where a member-state of Lexa's coalition murdered every last Farm Station refugee living in Mount Weather. Killing a bunch of women and kids with fire is kind of a big deal to some people.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Sometimes in stories, characters will behave differently. Eventhough it confuses you, you want this.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The melee in Tondeecee

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Lexa's death opens up potential for conflict, both at the Polis court and with Arkadia. Conflict is interesting. May a billion pretend lesbians be sacrificed on that altar.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Rhyno posted:

A question though, if Clarke does end up with Bellamy will that enrage the fanbase?

About 3-5% of it.

What if Lexa is straight, but the ai controlling her brain is gay?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Rhyno posted:

Jesus, if the new Commander is like "hey hey hey Clarke" it might cause riots.

I think the new commander is an eight year-old. Thank gently caress that segment of the fanbase will be super quiet when he gets shanked.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Aphrodite posted:

The Commander had to die for the season arc, obviously.

Therefore the mistake was making her gay.

I can just imagine two show runner executive types sitting around thinking about how they can up the ratings. If I had a cold, cynical heart I'd totally make sure a few characters were gay just so I on-screen kill them during sweeps week. Controversy sells, the ratings go up and the fallout is a couple of tumblr shut-ins stammering their complaints into a mic at some bullshit convention where people are dressed as anime characters.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The Pike stuff owns, the Lexa stuff was as boring as her acting was terrible. Crazy man Jaha remains great and his ghost in the machine buddy only makes it better. Wanna see him and Titus thrown down in a zealotry duel.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pike was wrong once, he failed to have Kane killed at the first hint of sedition. I get his need to act and be seen acting in a lawful manner, but seriously, he should have put a bullet in that treasonous gently caress four episodes ago.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Haha... Lincoln and the rest of the entitled children are dead. That loving rules.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

A Clarke-cooter kill, even one by proxy, still goes on her tally sheet.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Raven is gonna be the next Commander, who unleashes Pike on Jaha's collective.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I got the sense that Raven was just letting it fly, heh, and even ALIE was a little taken back by the savage insults she was laying down.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pike continues to own, one of the best additions to the cast this season. Grounders continue to remain dumb scrub-tier dipshits, personified by Indra who failed at the one thing they're are supposed to be good at, stabbing people.

Murphy is clutch, as always.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

People have an aversion to dying.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

People have an aversion to seeing people they care about die.

Or in terms you might understand: *beep boop beep beep boop*

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Refusing to bend to the will of an all consuming empire, ruled from a city they believe to be the guiding light in this barbaric world... a 'blatant Jesus analogy'...

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Just that one time and not a thing that used to line the Appian Way. Not a rebel who refused to be a slave...

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Robutt posted:

Though now that I think about it, that is more appropriate to the situation.

Spartacus was crucified upside down, or so they say, so it really isn't appropriate either. I think you were right when you said 'neither', as far as I can tell. I also get why it's the easy answer for people, but the writing has a real strength for subversion and I don't think there's been a point where the easy answer has ever been the correct one. I think those scenes in Polis as a whole were simply meant to convey that the symbiosis of Jahmbaliea has given up any pretext of humanity, in their attempt to make 'humanity better'. They're just so fargone in their beliefs that they fully degrade the thing they are trying to save.

Here I am, talking about the use of crucifixion imagery in a tv show made for teenage girls, I may be the worst goon ever.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Jaha is a loving national treasure. His ark... heh... from space despot to brave new world Pol Pot has been magical.

Between the Jahate and everyone making GBS threads on Pike, I'm beginning to think goons have an issue with black men in a position of authority.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I am legit sad that Pike died.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

They had batteries of escape pods just waiting to take people to the surface. All they had to do was remove the nuclear warhead and they had themselves some sweet little lifeboats.

Or just take all the warheads to Earth, what could possibly go wrong?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

enraged_camel posted:

Uh, dude, it's not like "let's ride our nuclear missiles as shuttles" can ever come across as non-insane. Jaha did it because he was going insane.

Excuse me? No seriously, loving excuse me? I think history has proven the good chancellor correct, humanity is doomed and life in the magic computer kingdom was the only option. Jaha, like Pike and Clarke before him, did nothing wrong.

Was Jaha insane, or is this just another good ol'fashioned tviv hating on strong black men...

Yea, I think we know the answer.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Spergatory posted:

I'm pretty sure in this case, they meant he was literally going insane from oxygen deprivation and hallucinating his dead son.

Lack of oxygen or hearing the voice of God?

Think about it!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Clarke needs Murphy. One day she's gonna need to hang up her genocidal hat and Murphy's about the only one fit to carry that torch. Maybe not carry... more like drop in a hut full of sleeping grounder children, but you get the point.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Lexa was an idiot and we are all richer for her passing.

Pike was the only hero this series had, until Jaha found the god box.

These are facts and to disagree means you suck at watching tv.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

There's also the fact that grounders aren't people, who really cares what happens to them?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Clarke and Bellamy did nothing wrong.

If you're watching this for 'the story' and not teenage dipshits rocking hitler-stalin killcounts, you're watching the wrong loving show.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Killing slavers is cool and good. Killing Ice Nation slavers is loving awesome.

How broken inside do you have to be to even question that?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Yea, the cult leader was either number two or three on the 'Vancouver Sci Fi Actors' list.

If one of the dudes from Hard Core Logo show up, it's gonna be for a couple of episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Oroborus posted:

The cult will be the next group Clarke destroys.

Clarke builds a time machine in an attempt to stop the radiation leaks before they occur, but winds up inside the the cult by mistake and is forced to kill them all cuz...

I don't even need a why, that can just happen and I'll be cool with it.

• Locked thread