Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Aphrodite posted:

According to the trailer this actually happens.

Those might be farther away grounders though. I highly doubt that Mt. Weather was policing the whole continent, let alone much beyond what was right near them. They only had so many missiles, and it's not like the acid fog was a real mobile or far reaching weapon.

And my thought is 736 dead this season by Clarke's direct actions, I'm not really going to count poo poo like the missile strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Snak posted:

Yeah, while they are probably working on growing so plants on the land, all their experience is basically plants in containers. It's not strange they are starting with what they are familiar with.

Also, they don't have strong knowledge of the seasons with regards to planting. Plots in pots remain mobile, and if it starts to get cold too fast, they have options besides just watching the frost kill their entire crop.

Also, if they had some sort of seed bank of plants that grow very large, or something like fruit trees you'd want to start them in pots anyways. Easier to handle and care for until they get big enough. You can always take them out of pots.

Hydroponics can also be really efficient.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

VagueRant posted:

Small thing, but kinda irks me how the grounders stopped putting poison on their blades/arrows, and stopped using biological warfare. Like, you'd think the Arkers would be super loving hesitant about bringing Lincoln's wounded pal in after The Murphy Problem.

I just figured that the poisoned arrows/blades were more for when you knew you were about to get in a fight. Even if you have the antidote, you probably don't want poisoned arrows and blades just hanging around yourself. Plus, a lot of poisons degrade when exposed to open air, so if you just left it on there it would be wasted unless you used it fairly soon.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Snak posted:

It's also reasonable that Mt Weather's acid fog was a more high-tech weaponized version of the acid sap, and not the other way around.

No, the acid fog was actual pure acid. The tree sap one is not that weird, there's several plants that have either precursors to or a small amount of chemical agents in them as natural products, so collecting a sap that makes a blister agent when it's burned isn't really that crazy.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Where are you all reading all this behind the scenes stuff?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Spergatory posted:

He died from being stabbed by his commander lady for reasons I can't quite remember. BETRAYAL KILL.

They were covering up who had set off the bomb on the Ark, he was a good patsy.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Astroman posted:

Yeah, I looked up Luna to see if she'd been shown before. I think her name was dropped, but she's never been seen. At first I thought she was Murphy/Jaha's friend with the boat, but looking at the show's wiki she has only been mentioned so far. Should be a pretty important character.

The one thing that confuses me though is if all the black bloods are part of a "class" together, and kill each other, how is the Ice Nation Nu Commander the same age as Lexa? If Luna was the only survivor of that "class" besides Lexa, and the next group were the Younglings that just got killed, how does the new Commander fit in all that? Was she just a black blood that lived way up north in Ice Nation and never came down for the Commander Deathmatch?

I think Ice nation just hid her, it's not like they absolutely had to tell the rest that they had a potential commander. Every other grounder probably thinks it's an honor to be even in the class, so they wouldn't think anyone would ever hide from it. And obviously it worked, now they basically have the next commander.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

So uh... why did Bellamy and Murphy need an elevator ride if there's a god drat ladder that goes all the way to the top? They could have taken out the elevator dudes, forced the door open and climbed as one group, no? Is there some advantage bestowed by being stuck in a metal cage while ascending?

It's what, 15, 20 floors? Climbing straight up that far will wipe you out, not to mention climbing means not having a metal cage to protect them from someone just opening a door above them and shooting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Spiteski posted:

Wasn't it also implied later on that they had limited expectation that there would be any chance the kids survived and yet were just 100 people less to feed/breathe etc?

Yeah. Even if it didn't work, they delayed the oxygen and food running out by a month or two.

And like someone else said, they only had so many ships that could go back, so using one on 300 people that at that point they were almost positive wouldn't make it anyways was a waste.

• Locked thread