Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
It's not the show's fault you live in a lovely country where someone's sexuality still somehow is a topic of controversy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Criticising this show for not doing enough for LGBTQ+ representation seems a bit unfair. Now the first homosexual character died (who was just a guest character to begin with), after the show has already killed many many straight lead and main characters. The only happy couples in season 3 so far are homosexual couples, same for the sex scenes. I think the only straight couple so far is Octavia and Lincoln, and they are not really happy right now. I am sure you will find many shows on TV that are worse in terms of lgbtq+ representation and where complaints would be justified.
And in the end, let's not forget, TV shows are primarily meant to entertain and not make us better people or whatever.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

I see Pike portrayed as an out of touch leader who seriously believes that grounders are a problem and is trying to protect his people within the rules that he's known his entire life: the exodus charter, where punishment by death was a necessity to have enough food/oxygen for everyone else. I don't think he's been ever shown as a power hungry tyrant or corrupt or anything, he's just enforcing the rules. The execution scene even went out of the way to have him say that even though he can't free the grounder prisoners (because they are prisoners of war, and they are currently at war) he'd take care of them until a later time when the war is over and they can be handed off or whatever.

Wait, I thought the exodus charter specifically only applied to living on the ground after their return, and was different from the laws they applied up in their space stations.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

The people you are trying to communicate with.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Troposphere posted:

yep, this.

they had a person who worked on the show (shawna benson I think was her name?) who went to a large lesbian forum that constantly plugged the show because of its lgbt representation and told them they had nothing to worry about re: lexa dying. they handled it very, very poorly.

people are pissed they got played. pissing off the most loyal part of your fanbase is a dumb idea, especially when they are the main word of mouth advertising force behind your show.

Those people were not fans of the show though, they were fans of a character that had to leave the show one way or another anyway.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Ugh Bellamy is still alive . Okay Season 2 opener "Welcome to the VAULT CITIZEN".

I do like how Kane changed I thought for sure he was involved but now at the end of the season he's a alright guy.

So far Jaha seems like the more reasonable leader though.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I think she is the Trader that got occasional scenes in the past few seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
It's funny how the distance to that island shrank from a half-a-season long quest through all kinds of poo poo to a half a day ride.

• Locked thread