Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Things I am looking forward to:

1) The Adventures of Badass Warrior Princess Olivia

2) How Jaha Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

3) Murphy's Adventures in Babysitting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

blue squares posted:

You should put a spoiler warning in the OP and something for newbies

"Haven't seen this show? Interested in seeing pretty CW teens gently caress the hell up and get bloodily mutilated? Then watch it!"

There, stick that in the OP, newbies sorted.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Murphy in the swag bunker drinking and eating saltines while watching everyone else on CCTV would be amazing.

I'm hoping we get this for at least an episode or two. Murphy loving around in the bunker trying to figure out what the gently caress.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Snak posted:

I'm reasonably confident that we will see a huge spike in Octavia's kill-count this season.

In the pantheon being set up here, Clarke represents Healing and Justice, Raven represents Knowledge and Invention, while Octavia is Courage and War. Clarke's body count is high because she makes plans and gives order that have ended lots of lives, but Octavia spent the entire last season literally transforming herself in to a warrior. Soon she'll be leading her own fighting force of battle-hardened grounders and it's gonna be loving epic.

Also, it's hard not to draw some parallels between Clarke and Odin. Who famously has two Ravens, his "thought and his mind", who search the world for knowledge/information and deliver it to him.

Like I said, bring on the Badass Warrior Princess Olivia action :black101:

I really think she's going to end up leading the Grounders somehow. She's basically cut ties with the Arkers, and going solo doesn't seem like a direction for her arc to go in.

Either she ends up replacing Lexa somehow and then has to face off against Clarke, or maybe her replacing Lexa will open up the way for an actual Grounder/Arker alliance.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Okay, maybe 'cut all ties' was a little strong. But she's more Grounder than Arker at this point. Hell, she was two steps removed from being the Commander at one point (being the Second of Lexa's Second, right?)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Boogaleeboo posted:

The Grounders are semi-feral tribal hillbillies that could get absolutely loving smoked by any reasonable advanced group that wanted to mess with them. Like they were literally a crop for Mt. Weather, that's how much all their warrior bullshit matters. They are walking potatoes. What did Olivia ever do to you that was so terrible you'd wish her leadership of those gently caress ups?

My counterpoint:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

hollylolly posted:

Who is Olivia?

:cheeky:

A girl who is surprisingly sane considering she was raised under the floorboard.

Seriously, that poo poo was wack

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

hollylolly posted:

Counterpoint: her name is Octavia

I... have failed this thread. :smithicide:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

In that whole ridiculous episode the thing that made me stop and say 'what' was the fact that Grounder Captain Vane hung around outside the trading post for hours, probably listening to Clarke getting her groove on, just waiting for her to leave so he could capture her (instead of going in and getting her).

So good to have this show back. I wonder if Jaha is just being Jaha or if the pills he gave Murphy (and presumably took himself) are some kind of nanotech that let the AI gently caress with his mind directly.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

hollylolly posted:

Taking her by complete surprise is a better option when you're dealing with Wanheda, obviously.

I certainly wouldn't want to take on Genghis Clarke the Barbarian without surprise. :catstare:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

hollylolly posted:

What was Captain Vane's name on this show? Prince A....? I missed it.

It sounded like Roan or maybe Rowan to me.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Spergatory posted:

Claw hand girl is named Emory. Already covered.

Memory?

Murphy doesn't seem to be down with her killing Lurch though.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I'm glad to see that Larke is still a thing. Those ladies got some chemistry.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

hollylolly posted:

It's Clexa :frogout:

I ship Larke and Japhy :colbert:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Octavia should run off with Roan, I bet they'd get along together.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I feel like if you are about to hold an election in which a grounder-hater might win, you might take the precaution of sending a runner out to the grounder army outside and say "Yeah, look, we've got some internal leadership poo poo going down, you guys might want to clear out to stay clear of it" especially if the guy who might become chancellor was just caught trying to sneak out and murder them.

But who am I kidding, the next episode is going to open with all those grounders dead because DRAMA

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Snak posted:

I quit watching an ep or two back because I couldn't stand the fact that HE WOULDN'T loving TELL HER HE WAS THE FLASH GOD DAMNIT IT'S IRIS ALL OVER AGAIN WHAT A GARBAGE SHOW

Then you missed Patty figuring out that he was the Flash on her own, confronting him with it, and him lying (badly) to her face. So she goes to CSI school in another city, and calls Barry with a fake bomb scare from the train to get him to show up in costume it was pretty amazing.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Sober posted:

Clarke and Octavia are awesome together, I just wanted to point that out. Not as potential scissor sisters or anything mind you, just two awesome kickass ladies doing what needs to get done.

I'm sure someone out there is shipping Cloctavia.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Snak posted:

There'e no way they're going to let Pike live. Finn was barely enough when he killed 13? people and the Coalition army was going to wipe out Skaikru. Now they've killed 300. The only way out of this is for Skaikru to frame Pike as a traitor have him punished under grounder law. Bellamy might make it out of this alive if someone can win off Indra to pardon him for some political reason, but really I hope that Octavia has to kill him in battle.

edit: It would be fitting if Wanheda carried out the execution of the Skaikru traitors. Clarke went and made everything difficult by leaving Skaikru and not being their leader anymore. Her only political value to the coalition now is as Wanheda, which, given Pike's "accomplishement" is probably a lot less impressive now.

Bellamy is getting under my skin with his little bitch act. I'm kind of hoping that Pike gets outright merked by Clarke and then Bellamy gets Finn'd

Also I was smirking a little at the posts yesterday saying that Clarke had Lexa pussywhipped, but after watching that episode god drat is it hilariously obvious.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

jfood posted:

The 'enemy', and I use that term loosely as they're more or less target practice, think attaching a stabby bit to the end of your stick is the height of technology.

This has never been true. The Grounders know what guns are and how to use them, they just haven't done so historically because if they did Mt. Weather would drop missiles on their villages.

Indra even said in this last episode that she didn't know they could win in a fight with the Arkers unless they used guns.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Bellamy really should have shut Pike down right at the beginning.

Even if he's losing confidence in himself and reverting to 'find an authority figure to follow' mode, he knows how many Grounders are out there.

Go out and kill 300, and then ALL the rest are gonna get together and roll right over Arkadia.

Guns don't even matter, sure they'll kill a lot of Grounders but gently caress if that matters when everyone is gonna die doing it.

Honestly at this point they should do it. Let some of the sane arkers (Abby, Kane, Raven, some extras) slip away and get pardoned because they were against the attack. Let Pike and all the assholes get hosed and die.

Then we can have Jaha hanging out in that rad Grounder tower peddling his happy pills.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

It's just so infuriating that someone decided to write Pike as literally loving autistic and unable to realize that 'the Grounders' aren't one big monolithic group, and then all the stupid poo poo we're dealing with comes from that spiraling out of control.

I mean Pike shouldn't have been an option for Chancellor to begin with. He'd just tried to start a war for christ's sake. "Oh, you want to vote for Pike? That's nice, I guess your vote's not getting counted, you can sit down now."

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Snak posted:

I mean it's frustrating, but Pikes attitude is reflective of historical attitudes that technologically advanced societies have towards less advanced natives. George Washington, for example, gave orders to massacre Native American peoples who were on his side, because they were inconvenient to him. In retributions for IceIroquois Nation attacks, Washington sent General Sullivan to utterly destroy the Iroquois Nation with was reasonably successful, but in the course of doing so they also destroyed villages that supported the Patriots. Not only did this break the loyalty of Patriot supporting tribes such as the Mohawk, but the Iroquois retribution against colonial villages was extreme.

Okay, granted, but nobody thinks to call bullshit on him? Abby and Kane just spent months trying to figure out how to live with the Grounders, they finally work out a tenuous truce and avert a war, then some jackass shows up and is all 'we should kill em all!' and they're like, welp, guess he's boss now?

I guess I'm not pissed at his idiotic black/white attitude, more at how the writers have made everybody else on the show retarded so that a guy who literally tried to commit mass murder 12 hours ago is made the boss so they can wring out more easy DRAMA

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CeeJee posted:

ALIE is pretty sharp to switch from crazy Jaha preaching to healing Raven of her pain which will be a massive encouragement to everyone who has seen how bad she was doing. Finally Raven wil have a chance to smile and be happy and it will on the whole be a really bad thing. drat you show !

Yeah that scene after she took the blue pill and the nanobots or whatever were blocking off her pain was a real 'oh poo poo' moment.

Even beyond the legitimacy that'll give Jaha, and the access ALIE has to her mind now, blocking her pain receptors doesn't actually do anything for her leg, it just means she'll gently caress herself up worse because she doesn't hurt and will push herself harder.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I assume they're actual medical nanobots or something, because it wasn't just pain, she couldn't fully use the leg. She was moving her knee around after taking it though.

I took that bit as a psychosomatic thing because healing her leg in the 30 seconds or so those things had been in her body seemed ridiculous. But hell it's not like the show is hung up on being 'realistic' with the science/tech so who knows.

e: If they were medical nanites why didn't they fix Lurch's face?

VVV: It was more the speed of it. She had just taken the pill, it's not like any bots had time to be anywhere but her stomach at that point.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 22, 2016

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

hollylolly posted:

Realistic nanobots that can send your consciousness to the not-Matrix? :confused:

This is what happens when we have to wait a week between episodes. :negative:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

... So are we supposed to think that the 'night blood' stuff is actually the AI 2.0 suspended in blood? And perhaps the 'First Commander' was this Becky that went into space to get away from ALIE?

Because holy drat that last scene. :catstare:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

VagueRant posted:

I mean even Clarke and Kane and co. aren't treating it seriously enough.
I forget where I've seen this mentioned, but it seemed like Becky (BECKIE?) or whatever is the name of the second AI, equivalent to ALIE.

I wonder if Clarke is infected/carrying it now.

I mean, that blood was all over her face, and there's mucous membranes around the eyeballs...

:catdrugs:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Astroman posted:

Why is the 13th Tribe Colony such a secret? I thought it was common knowledge among the Arkers? Or am I confusing off air exposition from the creators with stuff that actually happened on screen?

The 13th Station is kind of a legend type thing - people know about it, but it's not polite to mention that Unification Day came about because 1/13 of the human population (that they knew of) got nuked.

Jaha mentions that data on the 13th Station was scrubbed from the Ark's computers because nobody wanted that inconvenient reminder.

So it's something that people might 'know', but they're not going to make the leap to thinking that it's relevant now unless they have a reason to (like Jaha's leap of inspiration).

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

hollylolly posted:

ALIE blocks all kinds of pain. Like the emotional pain one might feel when remembering how they sent their son to the ground to die and then found out he did die. Raven didn't give a flip about Finn's ashes, either. ALIE is blocking their painful memories.

So if Jasper took it, he would forget about Maya and the Mountain ...and pretty much everything.

Yeah, when Abby brought up Wells and Jaha literally didn't remember him, I was like "... oh poo poo'

They are doing a good job of making ALIE sinister as gently caress.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

"Wells?" was as close to a literal jawdropper as possible. Perfectly delivered too, Washington is killing the psycho preacher poo poo

I liked the touch of ALIE having to remind Jaha (visual shorthand for her restoring the memories so Jaha can try to play it off?)

Just :drat:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

We'll always have 33.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh poo poo we get some flashback action. Who's it gonna be!? And my bet is on Clarke finding... the other AI pod. I forget its name, drat I need to give the second ep up to tonight's ep a re-watch.

Polaris. It's why the Grounder HQ is called Polis, because the 'ar' is smudged off :aaa:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

Thank you! I knew it was related to the city name. I hope the 'unusual truth' is the reality behind the Nightbloods :aaa:

I am about 95% behind the theory that 'night blood' is a side-effect of carrying BECKIE/AI2.0 suspended in your bloodstream. It would explain why Lexa had that nightmare with earlier Commanders speaking to her - the AI inside of her was trying to communicate

Further bullshit speculation: since that one Night Blood dripped her own blood all over Clarke's face, I bet some of it got into her (probably via the mucous membranes under her eyelids) and she'll eventually manifest night blood herself as the AI propagates itself within her - we'll get two AIs waging a proxy war using their chosen avatars (Clarke vs Jaha) :suspense:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 3, 2016

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Error 404 posted:

Clarke vs Jaha
Neo vs Smith

Let's do this.

:agreed:

I'm assuming the mysterious eigth nightblood at Lexa's coronation or something was the one the chip actually 'chose', but something happened (not compatible somehow?) they died, and Lexa was the runner-up. This, nine candidates but only 7 tattoos on Lexa's back.

The same thing is going to happen only with Clarke ending up getting the chip because of the night blood she now carries thanks to the other girl dripping blood in her face. :getin:

Also, holy poo poo that episode :suspense:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rurea posted:

So my theory is that it's likely that because of the chip, each commander gets all of the experience and memories of the previous ones making them excellent warriors/tacticians. We saw Lexa meditating before her and Clarke banged, and so it's possible there's a city of light 2.0 that she gets to talk to them all through. Alie 2.0 has to directly interface through humans, and therefore feels emotions like love , empathy, and anger making her superior to ALIE 1.
I still can't figure out what 2.0's endgame is though.

I'm not sure that's necessarily the case.

Remember that ALIE2.0 was a response to the first version being coldly inhuman and calculating ("Too many people? Why not nuke most of them?") and Becka was talking about it being different because it would learn and grow with humanity.

I kind of think what's been happening is that the AI has been piggybacking on all the Commanders and learning what it 'means to be human' and whatever else, and this was Becka's intent from the beginning. If you can't simply program an AI to know right from wrong, then give it multiple human lifetimes to grow and learn about it for itself.

Which is not to say that there might not be some knowledge transfer in the other direction, but that may not have been the original point.

e: It was kind of hamfisted but I really liked the reveal that the Grounders call their leader Commander because when Becka reached the ground her flight suit had COMMANDER stenciled on it.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 5, 2016

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Okay, so new rule: any non-het character can never have anything bad happen to them because killing off lesbians is a trope!

gently caress guys, she was cast on another show. Should they have put Lexa on a bus to ice nation and never mentioned her again? Would that have been more acceptable?

If the writers had killed her off just for shits and giggles, sure, get mad. This is them dealing with the fact that the actress literally would not be available anymore, not some anti-gay bullshit.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

send her off to coast city obviously

"Clarke I know you're the Flash"

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

100+ new posts over night I thought the episode leaked and you were all talking about it but no it's just a bunch of idiots in here.

This thread is honestly hilarious right now.

Someone actually made this :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Azhais posted:

Strictly speaking didn't the whole grounder/skykru war start due to the rockets the kids sent up to say they were ok? I seem to recall them managing to hit and destroy multiple grounder settlements, which is why the warband went on the march in the first place.

If skykru would just stop murdering grounders this whole thing might just work out.

If you want to point fingers, Jasper got speared by a grounder in the pilot episode.

Grounders lied, Arkers died.

• Locked thread