Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
This show just appeared on Netflix here. I am just watching the first episode. This supposed to become good eventually? All I see right now are a bunch of teen retards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I guess I have to sit the first few episodes out.

First impression wasn't exactly the best, given that they're jettisoned against their will to what they were taught to be a nuclear waste dump, but as soon the hatch of that space garbage can opens, they turn into inbred mouthbreathers with no regard or concern of the situation they're in or how they're going to survive. Instead, a lovely tribe gets formed. Hope that sort of nonsense isn't a thread through the whole series, for the sake of spinning drama.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Casually watching this in the background, when nothing else is on the playlist. Am at episode 5 now, where they want to kill those 300 people. I guess it's just lovely plot logic, because culling people to extend their air for few months, after hanging up there for almost a hundred years, makes no loving sense. Go to loving Earth, since you're dead anyway.

Also this "privileged" bickering in earlier episodes. Last I remember is that they all were in prison. Some privilege.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That blonde chick's dad said they were FUBAR.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Finished the first season. Nice leap in logic there, stir frying tons and tons of people with hydrazine is A-OK, but stabbing the insane leader woman is not. Also, can't wait to see all the mental/plot gymnastics that keep Murphy alive going forward.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 8, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Point is, he's an insane homicidal idiot, with a huge chip on his shoulder, that killed a couple of people, tried get more capped, and is likely do both some more over the following seasons. But for some reason, he still doesn't end up with a bullet in his head, likely because Clarke does some more "Hurrrr, we ain't like that!"

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I've started season 2 and it already starts "interesting". I'm not sure I should spoiler it or not for Acacia REI, but better safe than sorry... The parents are there and immediately being meddling know-it-all assholes, Bellami ends up in cuffs, maybe deservedly, but Murphy's running around free, despite the accusations. And the Mount Weather people seem to have a vampire or Soylent Green type of deal going, judging this transfusion thing on the nurse the first (or second --edit: Haven't seen ep.2 yet) episode, which is kind of trope-ish for a scifi series.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 13, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

So they get to Earth, and first thing they do is continue to implement those idiot draconian laws from the space station? Fun people.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Don't try to give it too much thought. Broke my brain when they revealed more of that grounder poo poo. Like everything turns into tribes with wildly different culture, rites and languages in just 100 years.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Haven't gotten to that yet I think, or I didn't pay attention. 2/3rd through season 2. I can understand the language thing in that context, but the tribes and rites stuff however...

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Started season 3. Hope Jasper dies soon, because that's some grade A psycho-melodrama for a stupid fling getting turned into grilled cheese.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

So that ice clan lady challenges the commander to a fight, and they both have the option to have someone else battle it out? What retarded bullshit is that?

Also That Black Dude's being the usual obnoxious pain in the rear end as in any role I've seen him before. Suits him well, but he annoys me.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Well, the Middle Ages were batshit insane, too.

Also, figures that with this being another Canada show, Roger Cross has to show up eventually.

--edit: Oh Eureka cop injecting black poo poo, special kids having black blood, alluded memory transference.

--edit: I wonder if this AI plot was always in the cards.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 19, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oh god, that Jasper actor is listed for half of the fourth season for some reason...

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

God, I hope Monty dies, too.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Goddamn, all these "Surprise, itsa meeee, Alleeeee!" twists are getting annoying. Like how the gently caress did she even get to water world, when they only came over to pick up the kiddies, and then immediately scrammed again?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Hollismason posted:

"Where's the baby?"

"Oh shi..."
Actually his space jump across the orbital stopped that crazyness, due to oxygen in the space suit.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

hope and vaseline posted:

There's a flaw in your theory
I meant that crazyness. Not the whole of it. Kid turned into blanket.

Also, suddenly after 97 years, all nuclear reactors on Earth decide to do a block party?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I can get where he's coming from. Bigass space stations that play tetris is one thing, but blood transfusion and marrow transfer are relatively trivial medically, and 97 years aren't enough for the Fallout people to turn stupid about it. The concept got mangled as gently caress to turn it into a plot point.

Then again, it makes me think too much about the series again. Like that dumbass farm station, after culling the population down to a certain number, you'd figure the crops, which were probably substantial given the amount of people they sustained, would be able to keep the oxygen up. --edit: Well, I didn't pay too much attention in parts. I only remember something about the drat air scrubbers.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 20, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I think the dumbest thing ever on the show was that micro-goatee on Jaha.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

INH5 posted:

Judging by the destruction wrought on TonDC...
Now that you spell it that way, I finally understand where the hell that Tond-C came from. :doh:

--edit:

INH5 posted:

** Nobody knows about Nukepocalypse 2.0 at this point.
Can't wait to see them explain how all nuclear power plants on earth decided to throw a party after 97 years of idling happily ever after.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 26, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

INH5 posted:

And the party date just happens to be less than a year after the Arkers finally returned to Earth.

PriorMarcus posted:

It's already been leaked that it's Alie's last gently caress you for scuppering her plans. They have been filming back at her mansion for Season Four.
That really sounds like a huge rear end retcon incoming. In season 3 it was shown that Alie wasn't even aware of what was going on in the arc. Since it took uploading into the mainframe of the crashed parts to get even in contact with the rest remaining up there. Making the reactors meltdown before any contact with the arc and it's status is kind of a weird gamble.

--edit: I've been reading up on the spoilers a bit. Please don't be season finale nanotech cleaning up the atmosphere!

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 26, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The do-gooder lack of foresight gets tiresome.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

After this whole City of Light bullshit and now saving planet Earth from another nuclear holocaust, what is there left to tell apart from boring political bullshit? The planet core exploding?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The plot choices to keep the main characters alive and the story conflict going are getting really frustrating lately. This show needs an end.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Right, surprise prison convicts out of nowhere. Took them six years and something, plus all the time spent on the ground before, to get to Earth? I thought adult prisoners got spaced, anyway? Why is there a huge transport coming?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

They're a separate group from the Arkers. They're a pre-disaster colony, a separate entity.
I'd like to hear the reasoning that they were able to go solo all the 106(?) years. Unlike the arkers, who had to combine space stations and things still went to poo poo.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

For the same reasons melting down nuclear power plants turn into continent spanning plumes of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Also, kid was pretty old for a 6 year old.

• Locked thread