Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

And I looked and behold, a pale woman! And her name was Clarke, and Hell followed with her. And she was given authority over all of Ton D-C, to kill with knife and with fire and with radiation and by the mutated beasts of the zoo.

Antifreeze Head fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Xoidanor posted:

She's seen rockets and guns, cars are not going to impress her.

To say nothing of the gigantic space stations that have crashed to the earth.

I think I should really rewatch seasons one and two because I do not at all remember who Bellamy's girlfriend is nor the girl on the boat. And which Battlestar Galactica cast member are we getting this season?

Some observations on a very good episode:

1) I thought it was a bit strange that the set dressings had the sky people growing plants (food presumably) in little pots when there is a clear abundance of land.
2) In case anyone isn't up on their old Greek stuff: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcadia_(utopia)
3) New grounder enemy guy's face seems to have the same very high cheekbones seen in Anya. Maybe brother and sister?

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Lexa says the Ice People are marching on "Polis". In keeping with the way things are named in this show, maybe that is Minneapolis? I guess that could mean the Ice People are Canadians? If we really run with that, we have a lumber store called Rona, which doesn't take a lot to re-arrange to Roan.

VagueRant posted:

But negatives aside: Monty's mum and Pike are Interesting. The Mt Weather drama seems promising. Clarke's constant attempts to escape Charles Vane were badass. And Bellamy and Kane are still Good. (Though shooting the Bounty Hunter guy seemed weirdly extreme. Maybe it was intentionally a questionable thing to do, but it seemed like the writers just didn't think about it and needed an easy end to that scene.)

I saw it as an eye-for-and-eye thing. He couldn't stab Clarke where she stabbed him, but he sure could stab this guy up just showed up who she obviously cared about.

Antifreeze Head fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 29, 2016

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

FRINGE posted:

People in The 100 are better, more cautious decision makers than real life americans.

Possibly because the people on The Ark were only 1/12 Americans.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Anyone else pick up that in the show-provided subtitles that "Skaikru" will sometimes appear as "Skaikru" but other times appear as "Sky People"? It's minor and inconsequential, but weird.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Xoidanor posted:

BSG was good for like all of half of the first season until you realized that the writers had no loving idea how to actually drive the premise anywhere meaningful.

The Cylons were created by man.

They rebelled.

They evolved.

They look

and feel

Human.

Some are programmed to think they are human.

There are many copies.

And their "plan" makes no drat sense at all.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Here in Canada we don't have a network that carries The 100 so I have to wait until Friday morning to watch it (or go to my parents who have some sort of massive cable package that gets them a CW station from Chicago I think).

I know we sometimes get ahead on broadcast TV when things like this happens, so I hope Canadian Netflix just keeps on pumping out the episodes.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Troposphere posted:

my lady boner never goes soft it is rock hard 24/7

Clitoral priapism is a real thing and while it won't kill you dead anytime soon, you should probably get a medical opinion on the matter.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

The Iron Rose posted:

On a completely unrelated note, since when has the 100 been available on netflix?

Day one if you happen to the in Canada.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Should be tonight.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Apparently there are still eight or nine episodes to go this season? Have we met the group that is going to get genocided yet? Or will Clarke turn on her own people and demolish all of Arkadia with an apocalyptic killdozer?

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I guess I'll get around to this then:

:siren: S3 E11 Nevermore :siren:

Alie draws out Raven's dark side; Jasper's frustration grows; Octavia struggles to know her place.

Relevant? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLiXjaPqSyY

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
It's good to have BG characters because you never know when you'll have a plotline about stolen gemstones and poisonous spiders that just doesn't jive with anyone else we have ever met.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The 100 is one of those shows where every character is somehow shredded when they take their clothes off.

It makes a bit of sense here as the people from space would have been living on rather strict diets to ensure they didn't over extend their capacity to produce food. And for the grounders, they're a bit sinewy since they're basically at war all the time and that's probably a bit physically demanding. I think the medicine guy was a bit more filled out, maybe he didn't have to spend as much time training to stab people or something.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

Everyone in this show is retarded sexy, except Murphy (not that he doesn't get to hit it left and right either). They must have murdered all the non-supermodels on the ground and prevented anyone not-hot from getting into space.

"I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... services along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature."

Know your history! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf9iTZ433zs

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
There were a lot of POV shots this episode, and a couple other non-traditional camera angles as well. I thought that was a fun way to mix things up.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Boris Galerkin posted:

By the way I noticed when Luna was grieving over the guy she murdered that Alie was still there. The only other people in that room were Jasper and the little girl. I don't think Jasper was chipped but I could see the little girl being chipped and just told to act scared. Which means other people on board would be chipped as well.

That's right, but also maybe not right.

First of all, Luna's husband or whomever he is was still moving around when Clarke et al. burst into the room, so there were others there, but that is by no means a suggestion that anyone locked in the shipping container was chipped. As for the girl being chipped, maybe. Just as the guy is breathing his last we see the camera panning away from ALIE while she is in the background and decidedly not in focus.

Chipped or not, ALIE knows where they are so we may well not yet be done with them.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I don't think Clarke will be lapping up blood from the floor like she's in Wolfenstein 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I hope it doesn't happen, but that synopsis could totally leave them open to just do a cliff hanger ending. Especially so as they know they have already been renewed for season four.

• Locked thread