Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
Where Clarke has the guy under the water and doesn't finish the job was the only part that didn't work for me. If they didn't want him dead, they could have written something more believable. It's tough to buy that Clarke of all people would hesitate to kill some rando would-be kidnapper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

Xoidanor posted:

It was a nice subversion, fiction has pretty much conditioned people into thinking that people are dead the second they stop struggling.

Ya, but there is no practical reason to stop choking them when they stop moving unless you suddenly felt bad about killing someone or didn't understand how hard it often is to kill someone. Clarke has been demonstrated many times to have neither of these issues.

I'm totally fine with the writers having Prince Aragorn get the upper hand on her, but they way they did it seemed cheap because that's the trick that would have worked on her mom or someone else who has never killed anyone up close and personal.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
Wasn't the end of Dexter sort of peak angry fan? Certainly most people had checked out before then, but that was the TV point I recall the most people being upset by. Maybe BSG? That seemed like it had a lot smaller cultural penetration.

I'm curious why anyone wanting to see characters live happily ever after would be watching The 100. How many of the 100 are even still alive? The old saying that none one are gets out alive couldn't be more true for this show. I doubt that Clarke will RIP soon, but it wouldn't be the most surprising thing ever and she is by far the most (maybe only?) plot armored character.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
Who on the show isn't?

'Ok, put down your weapons so I can kill you all, or I'll kill your sister!'
*puts down gun*

• Locked thread