Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

i've been listening to a 2 hour vaporwave youtube video all day. i'm feeling it

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

110k for a furry doom wad??? wotta bargain!
it's actually a quake 1 mod pretending to be a doom wad

which is probably even more pointless

anyway! wwe brawl! cartoony powerstone clone by thq! end boss was supposed to be VINCE MCMAHON IN A MECHA SUIT

got cancelled when thq retreated from australia, killing off blue tongue.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Pablo Gigante posted:

RIP Starcraft Ghost

wouldn't sting so bad if they hadn't shown the similar sort of thing running in the SC2 editor :(

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kins posted:

it's actually a quake 1 mod pretending to be a doom wad

which is probably even more pointless

anyway! wwe brawl! cartoony powerstone clone by thq! end boss was supposed to be VINCE MCMAHON IN A MECHA SUIT

got cancelled when thq retreated from australia, killing off blue tongue.

It was too win

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
Virtua Hamster could have saved the 32X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfZLG7iTiBU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I wish Earthbound 64 had come out. I was so bummed out when it was cancelled, and I hadn't even played Earthbound at the time. I still believe that Dinosaur Planet could have been a loving awesome N64 game. It looked so fun and rad. Too bad it mutated into the horror known as Starfox Adventures.

For me, then the greatest vapourware of all time has to be the 64DD. It was going to change everything. It would have expanded Ocarina of Time into the most ultimate thing ever. Yeah, yeah, I know that maybe Majora's Mask came from all that not happening, but it would have been so sicknasty to see what could have been done expanding OoT further and all sorts of other games.

rip

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

I wish Earthbound 64 had come out. I was so bummed out when it was cancelled, and I hadn't even played Earthbound at the time. I still believe that Dinosaur Planet could have been a loving awesome N64 game. It looked so fun and rad. Too bad it mutated into the horror known as Starfox Adventures.

For me, then the greatest vapourware of all time has to be the 64DD. It was going to change everything. It would have expanded Ocarina of Time into the most ultimate thing ever. Yeah, yeah, I know that maybe Majora's Mask came from all that not happening, but it would have been so sicknasty to see what could have been done expanding OoT further and all sorts of other games.

rip

please thumbnail that loving huge pic

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
n64DD is a thing you can buy

there is even a loving f-zero X track editor for it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

please thumbnail that loving huge pic
I didn't know Nintendo planned to turn the N64... into an Xbox!

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

star citizen

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

SeXReX posted:

i know, but it was never utilised properly and lots of stuff never saw the light of day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The poster "absolutely anything" has a 64DD I believe. It sounds cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not really vaporware, but I wonder if people have archives of the games that Nintendo would send out via satellite broadcasts to the NES live carts or whatever they were called.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

It's not really vaporware, but I wonder if people have archives of the games that Nintendo would send out via satellite broadcasts to the NES live carts or whatever they were called.

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bszelda.shtml

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress yeah. I might play some of these this weekend.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I wonder if they're still making Deep Down.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Badass

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Wasn't there a playable version at some point?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Sharkopath posted:

Completely forgot it even existed, I now hoping the delay is due to complex mechanics or something good like that since if I recall correctly they were going to implement random dungeons, right?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

In Training posted:

Half Life 3 would suck if it came out.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SeXReX posted:

i remember being super psyched because i spent ages looking and finally found a rom of that on some russian url directory but was unable to run it because no dd emulators existed (exist?)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

i remember being super psyched because i spent ages looking and finally found a rom of that on some russian url directory but was unable to run it because no dd emulators existed (exist?)

never looked into it but thus video is dated last year https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_K7e7bW_08
The download is in the video description

http://www.mediafire.com/?3qjupykh3ui4y3k

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

frank.club posted:

never looked into it but thus video is dated last year https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_K7e7bW_08
The download is in the video description

http://www.mediafire.com/?3qjupykh3ui4y3k

now all we need is a rom dump of a working ura zelda

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

now all we need is a rom dump of a working ura zelda
no, ura zelda

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Day 2 of vaporwave youtube videos begins .. now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

doshin the giant

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I remember there being a rumor that square copywrited the name "chrono break" and everyone got excited about a sequel, this was like In the early 2000s..

Also don't know if it counts but that fully 3d rendered chrono trigger fan remake, chrono resurrection, it seemed so good and cool, but they got a cease and desist letter.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
whatever the advent rising sequel was called

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i beat that game and the main character got transported to some snow planet and a mysterious alien picked him up. i thought cool, i can't wait to see what happens next. then it got canned.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

that kickstarter game by the final fantasy tactics guy

he was barely involved in the first place!!!

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

TWEWY 2

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this was bad because when I heard about it it was during this big countdown event they were having. I was sure it was going to be a twewy 2 announcement but then it was just an iOS port

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

this was bad because when I heard about it it was during this big countdown event they were having. I was sure it was going to be a twewy 2 announcement but then it was just an iOS port

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

frank.club posted:

I remember that

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

then when ios 9 came out the game didnt work, so instead of fixing it, square enix just completely deleted it from the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

• Locked thread