Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

he's a microsoft certified trainer for the IT program at my community college, lol, and IDK if they're harder or easier to get fired. I understand they don't give a gently caress but I don't know why I couldn't argue that I got a 100% and the program changed my answers. I really don't like the guy and he is a lazy piece of poo poo so anything I can do to make his life difficult is a win/win for me. Thing is if I stick with the program I have him another year and a half but I don't care anymore.

I just wish people did give a gently caress about anything

edit: oh and he called me out for looking at my phone while he was making us watch powerpoitn slides as presented by a narrated youtube video stating that they "violate the integrity of his class room" so it's like extra good that I can turn that on him and I'm being a petty bitch about it

edit: NO we have not done evaluations on him as of yet.

gently caress that. Bring it up to the dean or whatever. Also I will probably lose my poo poo if a teacher gets petty with me. I had one (the whole 'no guns!' Thing) but that was more of a weirded out moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'll probably let it go if he just acknowledges my concern. I tend to get irrationally indignant about poo poo like this and need to work on not completely nuking every bridge I come across :shobon:

I really just need to go rage against the machine somewhere and I wish I had gone to Standing Rock or something to get it out of my system. I need to find a real cause because right now my life is without purpose and it's annoying and I think doing drugs with weird fat hippy chicks and getting beat up by riot police would set me straight.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 13, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I get irrationally indignant too. My dad calls it a "righteous justice" cause if I feel like I have been wronged or someone I care about has, I don't quit.

People that have morals or a conscious tend to get it too. So, like maybe you and me but probably no one else. Maybe Mustang because he is a youngin'. Definitely not McNally after what he went through. He could get into animal sacrifice and I wouldn't bat an eye.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'll probably let it go if he just awknowledges my concern. I tend to get irrationaly indignant about poo poo like this and need to work on not completely nuking every bridge I come across :shobon:

I really just need to go rage against the machine somewhere and I wish I had gone to Standing Rock or something to get it out of my system. I need to find a real cause because right now my life is without purpose and it's annoying and I think doing drugs with weird fat hippy chicks and getting beat up by riot police would set me straight.

You can stand my rock hippie :wink:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

I get irrationally indignant too. My dad calls it a "righteous justice" cause if I feel like I have been wronged or someone I care about has, I don't quit.

People that have morals or a conscious tend to get it too. So, like maybe you and me but probably no one else. Maybe Mustang because he is a youngin'. Definitely not McNally after what he went through. He could get into animal sacrifice and I wouldn't bat an eye.

If animal sacrifice could have gotten me a few extra points on my econ final for all As this semester, I'd have gladly started tossing kittens into a furnace or whatever.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I appreciate your guys' advice but we are in love now. Getting married next week. She's asking about getting my G. I. Bill transferred to her? How do I do that.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Grem posted:

I appreciate your guys' advice but we are in love now. Getting married next week. She's asking about getting my G. I. Bill transferred to her? How do I do that.

Take the positive pregnancy test to your local recruiter and they'll fast-track you for reenlistment

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
remember you want a general power of attorney, not special

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
first exam done, for "Configuring windows 8.1" which trust me was a gay as gently caress class. 96% in about 7 minutes for a 55 question test :whatup:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
gently caress yeah.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Awesome

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Thank God for a "cumulative" final that was like 85-90% material from the last section we covered. That plus a more than passing familiarity and slightly unhealthy fascination with biowarfare agents made my Microbiology final a little less godawful.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For the undergrads in here, what's usually the word count on papers you have to turn in?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mr. Nice! posted:

For the undergrads in here, what's usually the word count on papers you have to turn in?

yes

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mine have been anywhere from 200-4000

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm just trying to compare how much writing I have to do now vs years ago. My final yesterday had a 6000 word limit for the four hour exam. I ended up writing 3100 and calling it a day. Then I fondly remember when I had a week or two to write 500 words.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have to write like 200 words in Italian in a night but that's about it.

My other papers were anywhere from 750-2000

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Usually 400-4000 for me (geoscience major)

The 400 are usually opinion pieces that we discuss in class, the 4k papers are research papers or other final paper type deals

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well, add to the myriad of reasons why you should never go to law school. the good news is I can poo poo out pages and pages of poo poo on a lot of topics. The bad news is its all law poo poo that no one will ever give a gently caress about.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Most of my papers for grad school are 20-30 pages single spaced with diagrams and tables.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Mine were roughly 15-20 with no graphs or tables but maybe a block quote or two.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I just write code. :shrug:

The one course I've taken recently that involved a significant amount writing was an engineering design one. Those papers wound up being around twenty to thirty pages, but mainly because they contained a lot of diagrams and whitespace, so maybe ~3000 words?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm just trying to compare how much writing I have to do now vs years ago. My final yesterday had a 6000 word limit for the four hour exam. I ended up writing 3100 and calling it a day. Then I fondly remember when I had a week or two to write 500 words.

YOU ARE ABOUT TO WRITE THE UNDERGRADUATE HIGHER EDUCATION ESSAY, AN ESSAY THAT WILL MEASURE YOUR BEHAVIORAL ENDURANCE AND CAPACITY FOR BULLSHIT AND MLA FORMATTING. THE RESULTS OF THIS ESSAY WILL GIVE YOU AND YOUR PROFESSORS AN INDICATION OF YOUR SYCOPHANCY AND WILL ACT AS A GUIDE IN DETERMINING THE MONETARY VALUE, ACCORDING TO THE MAN, FOR YOUR WHITE COLLAR SLAVE LABOR. LISTEN CLOSELY TO THE TEST INSTRUCTIONS, AND DO THE BEST YOU CAN ON EACH OF FIVE PARAGRAPHS IN THE ESSAY PROMPT BELOW. WORD COUNT IS A DIRECT INDICATOR OF HEART.

WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS ON THIS EVENT? IF YOU ASK ANY QUESTIONS, YOU ARE PREEMPTIVELY CONSIDERED A FAILURE.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

I just write code. :shrug:

The one course I've taken recently that involved a significant amount writing was an engineering design one. Those papers wound up being around twenty to thirty pages, but mainly because they contained a lot of diagrams and whitespace, so maybe ~3000 words?

Yeah going forward most of my courses should be more coding heavy with research papers being written more in the IEEE format.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Speaking of coding, my data structures final is Thursday. This class has been brutal while working full time, and the cumulative final has me trying to memorize run times for so god drat many things. I will be extremely happy when this 'weed out' class is over with in two days.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Data structures is a pretty brutal course in general. I had to take it again as a pre-req for grad school because I was an idiot who didn't study enough in undergrad and got a C.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Data structures really is the definition of a weed-out course, but has a ton of important concepts that you will need to draw upon later. I loving sucked at it and will probably re-take it at some point because I remember hardly anything from it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I made nice looking powerpoints for my finals. Heh.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

One of my finals was a "create your own final", I did an essay, whatever, boring I know. Some kids made loving collages and poo poo. One person made a crossword puzzle. How is that college level work?! Oh well, whole class was a mess.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Grem posted:

One of my finals was a "create your own final", I did an essay, whatever, boring I know. Some kids made loving collages and poo poo. One person made a crossword puzzle. How is that college level work?! Oh well, whole class was a mess.

My final project was literally a video of Skate 3. Like me playing the game, editing it, moving the camera and doing tricks before moving to actually editing it in premiere. And I go to a nice college.

Oh and I got a good grade too.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
God I don't miss undergrad, but I sorta miss undergrad.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TheQuietWilds posted:

God I don't miss undergrad, but I sorta miss undergrad.

Outside of the friends I made, I don't miss it at all. I really prefer the (non-military) working world for some reason.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
E: already posted in the army thread

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 15, 2016

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
At beginning of one class that I took over the summer, which was on comedic theater, the professor announced that as long as we attended five weekly broadway shows and handed in our final 5-page paper on top, we would get an A.
Most enjoyable class ever. On Mondays we just talked about funny movies and stuff, and then on Wednesdays we would go see a Broadway production with tickets paid for by the school. I wrote my paper on how Tina Fey desperately needs to come back to SNL because it hasn't been that great. It was written almost entirely in block quotes.

Class owned.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

psydude posted:

Outside of the friends I made, I don't miss it at all. I really prefer the (non-military) working world for some reason.

I just meant that in retrospect, compared to medical school, the undergrad workload was hilariously light. I miss not being stressed/terrified 24/7. I've lost like 15 pounds this semester.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Going from military straight into school was a mistake for me. I'm glad I had sunglasses because holy poo poo yoga pants.

Why does everyone dress like they are gonna go work out but don't? It's like the loving 80s man.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Soulex posted:

Going from military straight into school was a mistake for me. I'm glad I had sunglasses because holy poo poo yoga pants.

Why does everyone dress like they are gonna go work out but don't? It's like the loving 80s man.

Try reversing those statements:

"Q: Why does everyone dress like they are gonna go work out but don't?"

"A: I'm glad I had sunglasses because holy poo poo yoga pants."

Girls wear yoga pants because it's low effort and comfortable, but they know they still look hot. That's not hard to understand.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My girlfriend literally has an entire fleet of lululemon yoga pants and tank tops just for normal wear. No exercise allowed in those.

I don't get it, but I certainly enjoy it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Graduation day tomorrow. I'm kinda happy the four year pause-button on life is finally over and I have the piece of paper, I'd be a lot happier if I got the job I want instead of them not telling me the results and being in the limbo zone of "I have no idea where I'm even going to be living in a few months"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
79 on my cumulative data structures final and I'm happy with it. It's really weird not having anything to do all morning until January.

• Locked thread