Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
if youre going to enlist and then get a worthless degree just go for the bad choices trifecta and marry someone you knocked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
my calc 3 teacher years ago was white as gently caress but was also such a loving turbosperg he just wrote a bunch of things on the board, pointed and it and mumbled while fidgeting with the chalk in his hands. that he might have to actually 'teach' seemed to be beyond him.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't get the aversion to the trades. It feels good to accomplish something tangible.

That said I'll probably spend my GI bill on IT poo poo since my dad knows a lot of people.

We portray tradesmen in TV shows as low-brow, uneducated poors. Meanwhile doctors and lawyers are hot and sexy and make a bunch of money and sleep with everyone they want. Parents want Timmy to go to college so they don't have to tell the neighbors their son is a dirty lower class worker but is a top-shelf management guy!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
People who say working hard makes you successful are wrong. Working hard just makes you tired. Working smart makes you successful.

Working smart also means making other idiots work hard for you.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
you cant keep getting money from people if you fail them out

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's like trying to train a cat to have empathy I'm guessing

I'd rather do that

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
A basic finance class so they can come to the realization of what a giant waste of money it likely was

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

There's a STEM-heavy job fair next Tuesday and all of the major engineering firms all basically say "NO FOREIGNERS WILL BE CONSIDERED AT ALL" :smug: which is hella funny considering 1/2 of all engineering students are either Indian, Saudis, or Vietnamese.

Which makes sense given some of these companies also are in the defense industry.

LockMart called me 3 times asking if I had reconsidered going back and finishing my AeroE degree because as a white American studying engineering and with family members who already had clearance I was The Unicorn.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

psydude posted:

You probably make more as an IT guy than they would ever pay you, which I'm guessing is exactly what you told them.

That and I don't have to suffer under LockMart bullshit like half my family does.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
gotta hit those LGBTV numbers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
My aunt has endless horror stories about graduate students that still couldn't write a loving paper to save their lives, let alone undergrads.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
youre gonna be a dad now

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

I had a lengthy conversation with someone from an aerospace firm. He shared with me that in the next five years that there will be a massive hole created by employee attrition and competition for engineers and manufacturers. He went on to say that there simply isn't a large enough talent pool to fill every slot for every aerospace or engineering firm. Competition between corporations vying for talent is going to be dramatic.

Basically, you wanna make solid money and never be unemployed, be an engineer.

this is what they told people about petroleum engineering 10 years ago

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Soulex posted:

Though I might put "sexual identifies as an attack helicopter."

So really loud and easily shot down

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The only real thanks I can offer for yall wasting your 20s fighting pointless wars is paying for your college and hoping you're smashing out as much 20 year old rear end as humanly possible.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Yeah Ambien is just like letting a random number generator make all your decisions for the night

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
well they could both be idiots it is highly likely in fact

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Mike-o posted:

F-14 Tomcat

checks out

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Christ guys you're not there to discuss linguistics you're there to plow some 21yo pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
:cumpolice:

• Locked thread