Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Vasudus posted:

Echoing this. If you don't do an internship (at least one, preferably as many as you can) then your chances of getting even an entry level STEM position is slim. Why would an employer want to hire someone without practical experience when there's hundreds of graduates fighting for one job, most of which have at least some?

And I'll third this; it was true in the mid-'00s so I can only assume it's even more so true today. Literally everyone I knew in college did at least one and most did multiple; this is both STEM and non-STEM programs. Only people who didn't were the ROTC folks, but that's the exception that proves the rule (no need to worry about employment prospects if you've got a "guaranteed" job lined up post-graduation...and even then a lot of them did them if they could fit them in around the ROTC time sinks.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Casimir Radon posted:

Now to sell guns you actually need to have a storefront, but you can gunsmith in your garage?

Type 01 FFL covers both "dealer" and "gunsmith." Same broad ATF rules apply to both/either.

"Storefront" isn't a hard and fast requirement in the sense that you need a no-poo poo "Bob's Guns" store in order to be legal as an 01 FFL....as long as there aren't zoning regulations or a HOA that would technically prohibit you from running a commercial operation out of your home, you can have a house be a "storefront" for an 01 FFL operation. Same requirements apply as far as being an actual business as opposed to "that license I use to buy guns for myself and sometimes a couple of my friends," but as long as there's nothing from a local perspective prohibiting you from running a business out of your house the feds don't care as long as you're meeting all the other requirements (storage facilities, bound book/record keeping, subject to inspections, etc).

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

psydude posted:

Wish I'd known about that when I was 17.

No kidding

• Locked thread