Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Dude in my writing class is a former Marine and today he said that he felt like loser because he's 22 &this is his first semester of college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
If I don't have to ever divide polynomials via long division again, it'll be too soon. Holy gently caress, I just couldn't get a single thing right today when doing the assignment.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Kuroyama posted:

If I don't have to ever divide polynomials via long division again, it'll be too soon. Holy gently caress, I just couldn't get a single thing right today when doing the assignment.

I would like to adjust my previous viewpoint. It's not the math that sucks, gently caress WebAssign's online homework assignments.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Justin Tyme posted:

Online homework is actually really nice in my opinion, because online or not the answers are all online so at least with online homework you don't need to write all your work down to turn in.

On the other hand, being forced to show your work imprints the method into your brain better, even if it takes longer.

It's for a math class, so I do all the work by hand, and just put in the final answer. But one of my major complaints is that it's so clunky putting in the answer, everything takes another 30 minutes longer than it should. Plus, each individual answer I put in is just one point, so there are times when one problem out of at least 20 is worth half the grade.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

bird food bathtub posted:

I had a class that had a MyMathLab portion.

gently caress MyMathLab.

gently caress MyMathLab right in the ear.

It is obnoxious as poo poo and takes forever to enter your answer and then it tells you the answer is wrong when you factored something one way and not another or wrote AB instead of BA. Of course all it tells you is "Yeah that's wrong" and when someone is attempting to LEARN something math based and you tell them an answer is wrong with zero further feedback you have no idea if they wanted BA or if you've completely hosed up the entire answer from the ground up and have to re-do everything. Every MyMathLab assignment became a group project in that class and nobody payed any attention to it beyond copy/pasting the answer in as fast as possible so we could get the homework credit then everyone went to Khan academy to actually learn what the gently caress was being taught.

Replace "MyMathLab" with"WebAssign" and you have my situation.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Soulex posted:

Finals are the procrastinators worst nightmare. I see why people panic, but it's also like "do the loving work." Though I have no room to speak because I'm behind on a lot.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah all my finals are basically the same and effectively 100% of my grade. I had an outline ready and still did ok on mine considering I was late, but that's definitely not a fun way to wake up in the morning.

I've really enjoyed not having to do homework and the occasional class that has it drives me crazy.

I'm on the other end, and that's why this weekend was all about finishing homework. Hopefully I've got enough everywhere else that totally bombing the finals shouldn't turbofuck my final grade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Got 100% on my writing final, and my mythology professor is finally putting our grades up. Looking good so far.

• Locked thread