Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Accounting is hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm almost done with my first accounting class and so far I'm really enjoying it. Idk but for whatever reason it clicks with me and I am enjoying making everything balance out

Financial accounting is not a good barometer for the difficulty of accounting.

E: I switched my major from business admin to accounting after I took financial. I wish I had changed it to English or something. Intermediate has made me want to get out of the business program completely.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 16, 2016

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My prof assigns several problems per chapter and posts the answers online. That's how I learn it. But holy poo poo some of it is ridiculously time consuming. Like an hour and a half on one problem.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vasudus posted:

Yeah that's what all my advanced stats exams were like. 3-4 problems, 75 minutes to do them. Points taken off for wrong components only - if you hosed up on step 2 out of 10 and got the wrong answer it didn't matter, because you did the work properly you just had the wrong number in the process.

Partial credit has been my saving grace on a LOT of poo poo this semester.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Rutgers posts a lot of good videos on YouTube for accounting that have helped me better understand a lot of the concepts.

One of the reasons I've been so successful in past accounting courses is because I would go to my class and then usually sit in on another section of the same class on the same day. That would help cement what the professor was teaching.

Unfortunately intermediate here, a school with less than 1000 undergrads, is where most students decide they don't want to do it anymore, so there's only one section. Using the Rutgers YouTube channel has replaced me taking the same class twice in a day.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Justin Tyme posted:

lol if you don't have a chegg subscription

Differential Equations would probably take literally all day to do 9 problems and now just takes 2 or 3 hours simply copying stuff down.

I have a chegg subscription that I let people access for $5/mo. I make $20 profit and change the pw every month to make sure people are honest.

Done it for two semesters now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I usually don't buy textbooks until I'm 100% sure we need them. And almost every novel I had to read in lit classes is available in the library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Two As and three Bs.

Considering accounting made me want to drop out on a regular basis, I would call that a successful semester.

• Locked thread