Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Posting itt, been hammering away at a BS in Electrical Engineering since Fall '14. The school pays me to tutor students in C programming and a bunch of my fellow undergrads think I'm this wise old sage or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

This Fall is my second-to-last semester for my bachelor's. Looking into grad school options, current top pick is UT Austin (if they'll take me).

This semester: Senior Design 1, Embedded Operating Systems, Embedded Computing, Signals and Systems, and Intro to Malware Reverse Engineering (for fun)

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Vasudus posted:

yeah it was a bit of an overgeneralization but not by much

there's stuff you can do, but a lot of doors are closed till you get an MS+

How's the process for using voc rehab for grad school? I'll have six months of post-9/11 left after I graduate, would that mean I have 18 months?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Vasudus posted:

Voc Rehab is generally done by goal, rather than by months. I mean yeah they track it by months but it's not like that generally.

If you wanted to do grad school, you could apply for voc rehab, get on it (with the goal of grad school) and collect your Post 9/11 BAH for the whole duration. Once you graduate, you're spent.

Mr. Nice! posted:

You get two months extra of subsistence allowance after graduation. They also help with job placement.

Sounds pretty solid, thank you.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

How does the book stipend even work y'all?

Should just be direct deposited at some point soon after the VA certifies your enrollment. It's a max of $1000/year but they pay it out based on enrollment, so if you stack a bunch of classes in the Fall you'll get more than $500 but less in the Spring.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I have Mondays and Fridays off this semester, it's either going to rule or make me really loving lazy.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I had to use WileyPlus for Calc 2 and it was a nightmare getting the thing to figure out what I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Grem posted:

I appreciate your guys' advice but we are in love now. Getting married next week. She's asking about getting my G. I. Bill transferred to her? How do I do that.

Take the positive pregnancy test to your local recruiter and they'll fast-track you for reenlistment

• Locked thread