Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I did my 4 year nursing degree with many butts a peepin. The female to male ratio was something like 15:1 in a class of ~85. The problem was, yoga pants were an emerging trend.

I went back immediately to get my masters degree at Kansas State and yoga pants were in full swing.

Get your masters, the next trend could start that semester. Something like g-string pants or everyone will just let their tits hang out. Either way, do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Here's to hoping I can get my prereqs done at this CC in Baltimore county and catch one of the BCHS classes at UW MEDEX before the AAPA de-certs Bachelors level physician assistant programs by Jan 1st 2020. Otherwise it's a struggle between getting something like a Kinesiology (Athletic Trainer or Exercise Science) degree then one of the Masters level PA programs with $kidneys in loans or going the nursing route and getting my BSN with something mid level provider-ey in the nebulous future. Really hoping that one of the PA routes works out though, I definitely dig the medical model a lot more than the nursing one.

nursing sucks, do PA if you can. the midlevel practitioner in nursing isn't bad, but i've never really been wow'd by any of the Nurse practitioners I've worked with unless they were pediatric nurse practitioners.

If not, you may look at a PhD in Kinesiology? You can be a GA/lab assistant and get your entire tuition paid for, some programs have small but appropriate stipends, you can work on the side if you wish and if you got military fun bucks coming your way then that makes life that much easier. roughly 7 years total of butt peepin, and your research can be from anything like how to make athletes faster, to trying to solve medical conditions such as CHF, COPD to kidney disease.

Then you can be professor butt peepin status, and assign seating closest to the front of the room based on yoga pant butt hotness.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 14, 2016

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The masters is slowly becoming the bachelors of the 70's and 80's, might as well capitalize on it early.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

psydude posted:

I'd wait a few years until you have enough work experience to make sure it's in a field you want and that you know how you're going to use it. And you can probably get your employer to pay for it if you don't have any GI bill money left.

That's a very fair point. However, there's a handfull of degree's out there *kinesiology being one of them* that a bachelors doesn't really help you all that much, so having a masters or a PhD in a department where the majority of actual money flow is in research really helps. Bachelors in Kinesiology people do athletic training, work in doctors labs doing stress tests on old ladies or sell exercise equipment for $30k/year. While the professorship of 80k/year isn't all that great, you get to decide on what you want to research, so if you get raging boners on crossfit kind of stuff, there's enough unanswered questions on how to injure yourself the right way that you can research.

gently caress, I need to find a good PhD program, jonesing for those sweet sweet research subjects.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Wasn't designated at you, PA is a legit way to go, just saying that if you pursue a degree that doesn't really have much of an entry level field with an opportunity for advancement its worth going for that higher degree.

P.S nurses are willing to go down on PA'S from behind so don't fail out to get that sweet nursing poonani

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The only cool thing with being on campus for non academic needs while school is out is to go to the library and take a poo poo in solitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

After working with professors who were on tenure track, I think the first 5-6 years of their professorship in all honesty is just to make as little negative waves as possible. Then, after however many years it takes to get tenure they're burnt out as all hell and could give 2 shits less that Johnny Backwards cap ate his pencil during the test and took a poo poo on his paper to prove some anti-establishment movement, the bowel movement looked like a C so he got a 70% on his multiple choice quiz. Being a professor seems to truly suck in the academia portion if you're teaching anything below junior level classes.

The only people I know that were straight up hard-assess were the graduate assistants that conducted all of our labs. Holy gently caress, there was at least one person in our office crying to one of the 4 GA's because of some ridiculous reason that they didn't turn in their homework or missed a test.

• Locked thread