Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Getting dat BA in History with a secondary education licensure for social studies. All vets at my school, MSU Denver, are retarded libertarians and have never seen Iraq without a Taco Bell. Mentioning my V card is basically an invitation to be ear hosed by a reservist about Obama taking my guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Young lady in one of my classes talked about how academic writing is elitist and exclusionary. Advocating for everyone writing in their own personal vernacular because that will make it inclusive (and retarded).

I guess maybe college is full of retards after all

A girl taking her final history course and graduating with a history degree this semester gets her essay back, an essay where the professor said multiple times in class to use Aaron Burr when discussing whatever prompt you choose for this essay. This girl chose a prompt that listed a couple of Founding Fathers but not Aaron Burr. When she got back her C paper she threw a poo poo fit because she was marked off for not using Burr anywhere in the essay and her justification was that Burr wasn't mentioned in the prompt. He wasn't in any prompt! College is full of retards, and they're all passing.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Voc Rehab BAH is different than GI Bill BAH?

I'm about to switch off the GI Bill and to Voc Rehab in the summer.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Teflon Don posted:

Some of us aren't broken ok

I don't know how you could gently caress up your final physical enough to not get 30%.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I asked that question to the counselor and the answer I got was "it depends". The paperwork says you can't use it if you have no G I Bill left. The safest bet is to start using it with just one semester left but it does eat your G I Bill time. Make an appointment for an intake and find out!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I hate these one class days. Lady I just want to come in, turn in my poo poo essay that you're just going to give me a B on no matter what and leave. Oh woops $6 all day parking!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

psydude posted:

I forgot that spring break was a thing, as if the real world takes a one week break in the middle of loving March. Just keep that poo poo rolling and give me an extra week between finals and the summer term, JFC.

Another week of no pay? gently caress that.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Talk about butts all you guys want I'm lusting after girls in those really loose tank top looking things where you can see ample sideboob and sidebra.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just student teaching so far. So I still do college, weirdos.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

There are straight people, there are gay people, there are bisexual people, and there are people who have to be the center of attention.

Usually those people are called veterans.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

not caring here posted:

Eh, anyone who's been in knows if an award hasnt got a V it isnt worth dick.

Well, you know, barring medal of honor and poo poo.

Even the V don't count for poo poo past a certain rank.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's a real quick intake, yea sucks you gotta go far but think of the new computer, man! btw what magic words should I tell my Voc Rehab lady to get a laptop? I use a 2008 desktop now.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Hospitals will comp your trip, maybe they will too?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Priority registration is so exciting! As the last couple of semesters come up I really need to make sure that I get into these few rare classes, so gently caress millennials, me first.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

For $17/hr. Lmao.

Right? Safeway cashiers make more than that, STEM is for suckers unless it's the E.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I don't want to shatter your worldview but teachers don't exactly roll in the cash. :ssh:

Better than 17/hr and I don't need no masters either. Luckily disability will boost my income out of the gutter some biologist got a masters to inhabit.

Also according to my Trump-bro Shep my pension will be enough to bankrupt entire states.

Grem fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 29, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uhhh my lil brother works at a safeway and i think he makes like 9 or 10 bucks an hour

Oh right I meant Costco oops.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

How do you not know the difference between Teacher Assist and Teacher lol

who am I kidding with this derail I'd be at 6 figures by now if I keep on with the PD.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Mike-o posted:

I didn't think I would feel like that but I've got this dumb anxiety about getting all the poo poo I need and being ready tomorrow. Also I feel weird as gently caress being the old dude in class, but there's lots of vets here but I still feel weird around them too. Need to go home and chill the gently caress out because I'm just psyching myself out.

Bro, just relax. The biggest gently caress ups in the world are probably your classmates. Treat it like a job, show up, go home at the end of the day. The part on campus is just to show your professors you're alive, the stressful part with essays and poo poo is all done in the comfort of your own home.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

The pictures on my Biology for Non-Majors triggered my phobia of patterns or something. Luckily it was an online class and 100% of the questions on the tests were copy and pasted from a note cards website.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Your girl gets Mike-O off on the regular, don't worry.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

well my voc rehab thing is tomorrow. it says 2 hours. are you for real? what a waste of my life

It's a group meeting with a bunch of other vets, then you wait around for your individual meeting with your counselor, tell them you want to do college,they'll give you homework (market research) and then you wait two months for a call.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

This loving guy I just saw was wearing an insulated beanie, a green drab shemagh, cammo shorts, green t shirt, and sporting a spec ops beard.

He was also, obviously, obese.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I wish I was rich enough to be obese.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

In between semesters I get really confused, like, what do I do?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

App13 posted:

*looks at pigma micron pen*

Confirmed

My voc rehab case manager told me a story about a guy that was buying his energy drinks in bulk from the book store on the VA's dime and they withheld his BAH until it was paid back so apparently they aren't down with everything.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Today I got a letter from the VA saying I was being underpaid since the first of the year and will now be paid about $300 more. It didn't mention backpay. There's loving backpay right?!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just dropped 2.5k of the VA''s money at the campus bookstore on a new computer, printer, and computer bag.

Voc Rehab loving rocks, bros.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Lol if you don't build your own computer

The one they gave me has a badge that says something about it being a gaming computer so I can't really use it in public or I'll have to bully myself.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

In the process of becoming one yes.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Sure was!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

When I first realized I had signed up for a 5 week Chem 107/108 (lecture/lab) pair instead of the 10 week it was a little :dogbutton:, but god drat they must really use kid gloves with this poo poo for the mini-mesters.

Edit: Oh, get this poo poo. I got a nastygram last week announcing the suspension of my financial aid due to GPA bullshit, since apparently the 9 year gap between my garbage GPA plus my combined winter and spring semester GPA being ~3.4 doesn't make some loving neurons spark somewhere. Man, I'm going to have to do some goddamn deep breathing exercises before I go and talk to these motherfucking retards and use some loving crayons to illustrate why they need to give me free money.

You need to write probably a paragraph explaining it, if that. Are you sure you aren't a drama major?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Macroeconomics isn't too bad, global economics should be about the same.

Stats though, here's the meta answer to any question: The answer is either right or wrong, so there is always a 50% chance you are right.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's hot here in Denver, why the gently caress would you come here in the summer?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

elite_garbage_man posted:

holy gently caress this intro to anthropology class has more reading than any cs or math class I've ever taken.

2 page essay on the Nacirema culture due Friday.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

My wife had her certification received by the VA on July 25th. She got her book stipend last week. Now we're just waiting for the VA to pay the school the tuition that is due. No idea the timetable on that though. I think the book stipend always comes in before the payment to the school though.

Usually schools wait until the last drop date to do their census, then they notify the VA of your enrollment, then VA pays. You can probably have your enrollment confirmed early if you talk to the military advisor or whatever on campus.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

By date we mean bang, bone, sex, or gently caress. No one "dates" an 18 year old.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

anne frank fanfic posted:

This is supposed to be about BANGING HOT CHICKS with FREE MONEY but youre talijng about helping retards

This is about helping retards bang hot chicks with free money so it's on point.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I know I'm being paid to learn and it'll probably mean the class will be behind schedule but gently caress me would I love it if just one class got canceled. Four years and it hasn't happened once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

How can you see where you're going in the dark?!

• Locked thread