Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

I've been at uni for the last 2.5 years. I've only met two prior service guys, both in the gym. I don't think there are any student vet organisations, but that's probably cos Australia doesn't have the hero-worship thing of military that the USA does and no-one really gives a poo poo about the military and ex-service people (except for two days a year).

Having very little to do with mil-folk is the best, no drama whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

american college sounds like a pain in the rear end with all its bullshit electives and clubs/societes. though, that 'social skills for engineers' could certainly be applied worldwide.

"milvets"? lmao. Why don't you join a cool club like surfing or snowboarding or SCUBA or beer club?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

psydude posted:

I don't think it's a bad idea to force people to take courses in writing, math, history, and science regardless of their area of concentration, but after that it just becomes kind of dumb.

Grad school is great, though, because you're only taking poo poo related to what you're actually doing.

Like holly bloops said, by the time college comes around it's probably too late for writing. But basic macroeconomics and basic finance would be good so that people have a basic understanding of this poo poo, bc it can be tough to penetrate the bullshit when reading/watching the news in those fields.

I'm just glad my bachelor degree (business) has let me take elec eng electives as an undergrad so that I knock a year off grad school.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

The Boren is legit. When I was in Tajikistan studying language, there were a handful of Boren selectees among us. They were some very smart cookies and several already had job placements for their payback tour.

book smart or well-rounded smart?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

not trying to be a snarky bitch, but aren't MBAs (from good schools) aimed mainly at young managers aiming to be executives one day? (eg those circlejerking fuckwits who were raising their hands)

e: young in this context being late 20s-mid 30s types

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

jfc you blokes need to relax. Just smile and nod. Don't ruin some poor person's day just cos you're a nutjob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Grade, middle and high school all told me we would be using metric by now.

metric system best system :australia:

e: spongebob a few years back i suggested you get off SA when you were going off the rails. i haven't kept my gip.xlsx up to date, so how'd things work out man? i hope ur well

• Locked thread