Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My calc III teacher didn't assign any homework and the 4 tests were your total grade. The first three were split into two days (class met four days a week) and the last one was just a single final. He put copies of old tests online for study aids and allowed one page front and back to take into the test. Showed up to class maybe half a dozen days that weren't test days. Copied his previous answers down on my cheat sheet and just flew through his tests. Got an A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Greenmeat is a dinosaur and retired master sgt or something like that.

But gently caress that rule, green. Hit that poo poo. Just don't date the crazy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My dad is a semi-professional bowler. Like he's got a 210ish average and has won money in national tournaments with his team. One of the guys that subs with them used to bowl solo professionally but melted down every time he was on TV.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Booblord Zagats posted:

What does your dad think of the movie Kingpin?

Last time I remember anything related to that he thought it was hilarious. I'm not sure of his opinions on the Big Lebowski, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm taking admiralty law, copyright, a prison reform seminar (have to write a 30 page paper for this), tax procedure, and sports law.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The professor in that class has a son that's finishing up aircrew school in the navy. So we get plenty of third hand boot camp stories.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

holocaust bloopers posted:

Velociraptor you cis gently caress

Please tell me you have that on your desk in your office or on your wall somewhere

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I keep it at home. Once I get a full-time position, it'll be going up.

By office I meant at home on your desk. I'm beaming with pride that you might put it up at your actual job.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

God I can't count how many times my life alert has saved my life.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

one of the things we have to do to graduate is complete an upper level writing requirement. This means we either have to publish a paper or write a publishable paper via a seminar course.

I'm taking a prison reform seminar this semester and I was able to tie in sovereign citizens well enough and get it approved as my topic so I'm going to write a 20-50 page research paper on these nutjobs that could end up in a law journal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I assumed it was a dude.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Especially in a low level writing class one of the number one grading criteria is "is this thought original or at least presented originally?"

They don't care about the substance or subject. Can you write coherently and of your own creation is 99% of the question.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wants easy A yet wants to have someone else do the work.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zeris posted:

Whoever writes the admissions essays for these international students at Columbia is probably what you're after.

Following the china.jpg thread has given a lot of insight into these types things. Lots of rich chinese students don't speak or read any english yet get into various grad/bachelors programs and do nothing but cheat their way through. Upon being caught it's mostly swept under the rug and they're quietly given their degrees. Virtually all will simply return to China once done and take a job at dad's company or working for him in his government office. The degree is meaningless other than just to say they have it. The schools turn a blind eye because they gouge the gently caress out of them on tuition.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Any legit school is going to give you 6-10 elective credits and exempt you from the phys Ed requirement.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

have you ever heard of pegging?

Brock Samson likes it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm going to guess the words "that's loving bullshit" was uttered.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

elite_garbage_man posted:

That kind of language is not tolerated in Pottery 101

listen, mom, if I want to make a dragon dildo bong it's my god drat right

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Randy Marsh is a geologist.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Voc Rehab is amazing but it's monthly stipend is different and potentially lower than the GI bill. I'm using my GI bill in conjunction to get the higher rate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

App13 posted:

Might be the wrong thread, but anyone have experience with Voc rehab buying them a laptop? I'm using an iPad pro right now, which is awesome, but I need something to run ArcGIS

There's a form you'll need to get someone from the school to sign that says you need a computer (trivially easy to do) and then the VA will get you a cheap but still new laptop. I've never taken them up on that offer (cause I can't get them to drop 2500 on a new MBP) but I have got them to fix the screen on my macbook pro.

Just talk to your counselor and tell them that you need a laptop for school.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you need a macbook pro or something and your program will sign off saying that you actually need that, you might be able to convince them. Like if you're doing something requires mac software, you're golden.

I just need a laptop for taking exams on software that's available on both windows and OSX. There's no way I could convince them that I needed a mac specifically.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Date? Eh. gently caress? Go right ahead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vasudus posted:

Short answer: yes

Longer answer: almost assuredly with few exceptions, such as certifications

And even then those certs are cheaper at a community college with better instructors/facilities.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Learn pivot tables and making pretty charts. You will be cherished amongst the workplace as a wizard.

I spent hours coding and writing a system in excel that would pull from multiple sheets and displayed all the stuff in a nice color coded percentage way to track the thousands of items that needed to be fixed for insurv. Last I heard some people are still using a variant of it. The guy that did the manual data entry and had nothing to do with the work I made got an award for it.

Apparently if I had actually written myself up for one I would have got one too, but I just couldn't find it in me to write an award for myself.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Larry Parrish posted:

The Horny TA

That's all TAs

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've got vet plates on my personal cars and my food truck because I live in the south. They changed the way the iraq plates were set up, though, so I've got one that says "operation iraqi freedom" and two that just have the campaign medal on it.

I like it because I've got a four letter license plate that's super easy to remember and I'm going to get less grief if I get pulled over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Booblord Zagats posted:

Why the gently caress are you guys dealing with cops so often you need poo poo to hedge the bet?

I rarely ever deal with cops, but I have gotten pulled over recently (burnt out tag light) on a semi-rural highway in Texas. If I had regular florida plates, I almost certainly would have got at least one ticket. Vet tags? Checks license and insurance and sends me on my way with directions to the nearest truck stop that will have bulbs for me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

App13 posted:

I smoke a lot of weed

Also this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its not about being a lovely driver. It's taking all the handouts I have afforded to me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's the way it worked in texas. Just showed them my a couple of things that showed I had a service connected issue and my tags from hawaii and they gave me DV plates with the symbol on them without issue. Florida, otoh, requires 100% to get the plate and they're not by default handicapped plates but instead just for 100% rated people.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jarmak posted:

I feel like the only vet that likes/gets along with their much younger classmates.

I think it's because engineer culture is also built on the glorification of shared suffering.

I get along with a number of my classmates including one that's 10 years younger than me. I don't spend much time with most of them, though, because I don't drink anymore.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

App13 posted:

It's tough to not drink in college and remain social. I lapsed two weeks ago and passed out at a party. Woke up to some gross girl trying to fit my unimpressive, flaccid member inside of her. gently caress college parties and gently caress drinking.

Well, I mean I can drink. I'm not an alcoholic and only stopped drinking because my already lovely feeling guts feel even worse for a day or two after drinking. I'd rather not deal with that than drink 95% of the time, but if I'm hanging out and there's beer pong I can jump in for a round without too ill of an effect.

Every law function is all about just getting as drunk as possible as fast as possible. That's not really something I can do because I'm absolutely miserable for 2-3 days after with or without a hangover. Plus they're all mostly rich fucks and I'm loving trailer trash from bum gently caress nowhere. What do I have to talk about with some guy that's talking about his dad closing on their third vacation home (this one in the bahamas)?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

good luck deathy!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I submitted my appeal almost 3 years ago and it has sat with no update since and there's no one I can seem to get ahold of that can tell me where it is and what the hold is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was also a two time college dropout before I joined the navy and now I'm graduating from law school on sunday.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm still finishing up a certificate program and not taking the bar till next february. I'm still going to be at least half time through voc rehab for another 8 months or so which is nice. I should hang my JD on the wall of the taco truck.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 26, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

picture this bill, a slde with every soldier, and maybe we could highlight their status with a color code maybe green red and amber

The cushiest officer jobs have enlisted people that actually make the powerpoints for them as well. They just have to brief it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

thats a good point too, just have the MSG sitting around in S3 with no actual job do it!

The last thing I want any E9 doing is touching a loving powerpoint for editing. At least on the navy side of the house, its usually an E5 doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

what the gently caress sergeant you want to use MY copy machine?????????!? I hope you brought paper for that one copy you're making. now let me loving groan and bitch about something

edit: sorry thought this was the Army thread. i tend to go on tangents

No that type of poo poo was universal not just army.

So on some I'm a dumbass news - I've got a largish paper that's due monday. I had a rough draft a couple of months ago that I had to turn in. Rough draft was supposed to be 10-15 pages final 20-25. I only had 8 for my rough draft and was sweating because I'm at 13. I was worried about fluff and then I looked at the paper's guidelines. I was supposed to double space this motherfucker. My rough draft was actually longer than it needed to be and I'm currently almost already at the page cap. My day just got a lot better.

• Locked thread