Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

jamal posted:

The kit I got is from classic tube, they are pre bent stainless. From what I can tell they fit fairly well. Don't remember if we ordered the flex lines to the calipers too.

I just did this same job using pre-bent SS lines (Dorman, though I imagine they're similar) on an 01 Silverado, so I'll offer up what I know. I only did the 4 lines, (2 from the master cyl/prop valve, and the 2 fronts to wheel well). These 4 aren't that bad, but it's probably a day of work and you're going to need some help from another person to feed the lines. Otherwise it's a pain in the rear end doing it alone since the passenger front is about 15 feet long. The main ABS module is under where the driver sits and access is pretty good. I unbolted the cab in a few places (beware, these can break and you're in bad shape then so don't push it if they aren't coming loose) to get a little more clearance. On the driver's front the 4 lines go between the cab and frame so it buys you a couple inches of space unbolting it, which helps. I'm sure it could be done otherwise but I got lucky and mine came undone so I took those precious inches. :) To do the rears for my truck you have to remove the bed or the tank, but supposedly dropping the tank isn't that bad especially if it's close to empty. I will likely pull the bed this summer since it's easier but I imagine that's not really an option in your case. My rear line was ok for now but I'll do it in the summer since the big fucker doesn't fit in my garage and I'm sure as poo poo not doing that job with snow on the ground.

Also, this will be helpful when you go to reassemble.

Sorry for the derail.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread