Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

kimbo305 posted:

Just went to push the snow from the storm off the car. I noticed the headlights were a little cloudy, debated very briefly if I should get a polish kit, and then went nahhh, not worth the cash.

We're supposed to get another decent snowfall Mon/Tues. I won't be able to work on the skidplate in this slush. I need to get the garage door opener from the shop who has the 348 now and do it indoors if I want to have it on for the 2/22 event.

Use a bank drivethrough... at night... in Roxbury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
All this brakeline chat, and no mention of Cunifer lines?

It's a copper/nickel/iron alloy that's:
1. Corrosion-proof.
2.Easy to bend.
3. Easy to flare.
4. Relatively inexpensive.
5. Available at NAPA.
6. Did I mention easy to bend/flare?

I had to replace the line to the rear axle on my old 2500HD (see image above), and ran Cunifer. So loving easy to work with.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

I went through my stockpile of scraps and the thinnest plate I have in the right sizes is... either 1/4" or 3/8" steel. Probably WAY thicker than we should use. Given that, what thickness and material would you prefer, if you don't have material on hand or on order? I can keep an eye on the local steel shops drop racks.

Most evenings work for me, I just have no material to work with yet, unfortunately.

Gonna use threadcerts to attach them? I'm a huge fan of the good serrated ones, especially in materials <1/4" thick.

I've got some 3/16" plate, but it's rusty as gently caress, acting as a jackplate in the driveway for several years.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

the spyder posted:

In the mean time, spray those rusty brake lines and fittings with Fluid Film, available @ Oreily's. It's a penetrant/wax-oil that will help slow the rust.

I would suggest washing them thoroughly first. The salt will work at them even under FF treatment. It's also available at Lowes, in the Garden section. FF is loving great stuff. MADE FROM SHEEPZ!

• Locked thread