Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

jamal posted:

Well if there's a hole in the brake line your can't build any pressure, and the fluid all leaks out. Thankfully with a dual diagonal system you can still stop a few times.

I've told the story before but this truck has had a line fail and be patched by the dealer twice, and never properly bled because they were afraid to touch the rusted bled screws, and told my uncle he needed all new calipers, a booster, and an MC, while offering to do nothing about the lines "because that would be a lot of work and expensive." I replaced the screws and bled the brakes and they work fine.

To be fair breaking off a bleed screw really sucks. :P Also yes that video with the brake failure, ABS will freak out because when you brake on two wheels they lock up very easily thanks to the other two not helping at all, even on dry pavement. It feels really weird. If you lost all four then I have no idea what happens as fortunately I have not done that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread